Expats in Thailand to be given COVID-19 vaccine: CCSA

Jonathan Fairfield

21 hours ago, LuckyNo4 said:

lol i have a full healthy life already. I dont need vaccination thanks. Fearful existence, you guys praying for a vaccine are the ones living a fearful existence. 

I suppose that works if you are bulletproof against a virus.

If you are, I'm very happy for you, but I shall take and forget the vaccine like I have so many others in the past - I had my first AZ shot 2 days ago.

Edited by VBF

22 hours ago, wwest5829 said:

Understood. While my crystal ball is cloudy ... I am thinking that any nation which might demand vaccination as a condition of remaining for those foreigners already established within the borders will be problematic. Yes, could happen as we have see with those of us on an O-A Visa being required to have health insurance but I think physical vaccination is a different matter. After a decade in the Kingdom of Thailand as my only residence I certainly would be appealing to my Embassy and the UN to intervene for my protection. That said, I await availability of the Pfizer or Astra Zeneca vaccine availability.

Whilst this is still rhetorical, I am of the opinion that if your home nation is one that supports vaccination, then such an appeal might fall on deaf ears. But I agree with waiting for Pfizer or Astra Zeneca vaccine. As I've said already, I had AZ 2 days ago...one more to go in May ????

14 minutes ago, VBF said:

Whilst this is still rhetorical, I am of the opinion that if your home nation is one that supports vaccination, then such an appeal might fall on deaf ears. But I agree with waiting for Pfizer or Astra Zeneca vaccine. As I've said already, I had AZ 2 days ago...one more to go in May ????

It seems to be supporting vaccination is one thing. Requiring a forced vaccination brings other considerations forward. Even in those home countries. Yes?

• Like 2

Just now, wwest5829 said:

It seems to be supporting vaccination is one thing. Requiring a forced vaccination brings other considerations forward. Even in those home countries. Yes?

Yes....resoundingly!   I'm very much pro-vaccine and pro-choice.

However, I am of the opinion, that countries will simply say "you don't have to get vaccinated" and at the same time will bar people who are not. That will preserve the illusion of total choice, whilst achieving what they desire.

I actually have an old friend who is an anti-vaxxer and when I put that point to her, she said "OK, I won't go anywhere then!"  Her choice but the point i was making is that you mentioned appealing to your Embassy and that I thought you were unlikely to get any actual help.

Amazing to see some people making a health choice based on their political orientation. 

The EU is going with the Chinese shot . Gotta be a reason. Western big pharma is more interested in $ profit first . 

Makes you really wonder...who is really behind that <deleted>...looks like it didn't work as planned..

12 minutes ago, Pierre Hanot said:

Amazing to see some people making a health choice based on their political orientation. 

The EU is going with the Chinese shot . Gotta be a reason. Western big pharma is more interested in $ profit first . 

Makes you really wonder...who is really behind that <deleted>...looks like it didn't work as planned..

Like AZ who are producing it at cost you mean ?

1 hour ago, theonetrueaussie said:

Then why do all the Vaccine makers have 100% Legal immunity from any lawsuits that may arise in the future due to complications with their vaccine. This is a major red flag for most people!

The same reason you must sign a disclaimer to doctors and hospitals when you go in for life saving surgery.  It's not unreasonable that vaccine makers have such a clause. 

Such immunity clauses are really meaningless in the real world.  I mean, If a vaccine maker were found to be at fault or negligent in any way, then just like a doctor or hospital, any "immunity from prosecution" clauses would go right out the window and they would legally be held accountable. 

As lawyers will often say, "contracts are often not worth the paper they are written on"

Edited by WaveHunter

On 2/19/2021 at 3:13 PM, sandyf said:

Pot and kettle, you think that the whole population is over 18, AZ vaccine has not been approved for those under 18 years.

Plus there will be those that refuse and those that cannot have the vaccine due to medical conditions.

Maybe you should do the maths again.

lets assume 1% for no medical condition.  Approximately 20% of thailands population is under 18 (Thailand has demographics heavily skewed to the top).  60 million shots = 30 million people for 2 shots each.  Population thailand 69M.  Assume 21% not required = 54.5M required.  difference 24.5M or 44% of those requiring vaccination.  Even allowing for the 70% rule thats 14.5% difference.  So somewhere between 44% and 14.5% underestimated.  And probably ineffective if Sinovac. 

On 2/18/2021 at 5:18 PM, HaoleBoy said:

"Dr Apisamai also said that the private sector will be able to procure its own vaccines, providing the vaccines have approval from the regulatory authorities."

Anyone know all the different vaccines that have been approved to date?  

I don't want the Russian or Chinese vaccines.

Pfizer, Moderna, Astra Zeneca and Johnson and Johnson just yesterday. Johnson and Johnson need only one dose. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/19/2021 at 5:48 PM, chang1 said:

Yet you have no problem getting into a car for pleasure which is far more dangerous than a vaccine that can not only save your life and reduce the risk of long covid but also can stop you killing others.

I use my car for necessary trips, very rarely as I know the dangers of getting on the road with Thai drivers. Around home town I use a motorcycle. I totally agree that the dangers of the road are far higher than getting cover. So why isn't Thailand closing all the roads? Unless you have been monitoring my road use please withhold your comments about it.

On the vaccine, I only talked about Pfizer who have a history oh permanently disabling and killing people with their drugs, and have settled billions in claims. I don't trust any of the vaccines that are not fully tested and will not have one until I am forced. If I am a danger to others surely it will only be to others that like me do not choose to have a vaccination. If you are vaccinated then you are not at risk from me right? So what is your point? Its 18 months since the 'outbreak' and I nor anybody I know has tested positive so how exactly am I going to kill someone? You sound like a frightened sheep that has been brainwashed by MSM.

19 minutes ago, FunkyDunky58 said:

I use my car for necessary trips, very rarely as I know the dangers of getting on the road with Thai drivers. Around home town I use a motorcycle.

Are you for real? You rarely use a car because you are scared of an accident but use a motorcycle?

One reason Thais don't want foreigners is because they might do exactly what you are saying, rebelling against laws that are made to make the Thai populace safer. I hope foreigners's visa extensions are contingent on them getting a vaccine. 

• Like 1

On 2/19/2021 at 7:30 AM, SheungWan said:

Once a vaccine is made generally available, then the question will be whether visa renewal or even 90 day check-in is linked to such. And also requirements for air travel. 

You are getting ahead of yourself....... they have other distractions occupying them for now and likely some time. In the future, when the devil finds work for idle minds.

22 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Are you for real? You rarely use a car because you are scared of an accident but use a motorcycle?

One reason Thais don't want foreigners is because they might do exactly what you are saying, rebelling against laws that are made to make the Thai populace safer. I hope foreigners's visa extensions are contingent on them getting a vaccine. 

I didn't say Im scared. Just aware. I use a motorcycle in my home town (which is small) and dot drive fast. I use my car when I need it. You said I use it for pleasure. And I reiterate. If you had the vaccine and it is effective, why are you scared of someone that hasn't?

32 minutes ago, FunkyDunky58 said:

I didn't say Im scared. Just aware. I use a motorcycle in my home town (which is small) and dot drive fast. I use my car when I need it. You said I use it for pleasure. And I reiterate. If you had the vaccine and it is effective, why are you scared of someone that hasn't?

I never said anything about pleasure.

I haven't had the vaccine.

20 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I never said anything about pleasure.

I haven't had the vaccine.

Check your own post: "Yet you have no problem getting into a car for pleasure which is far more dangerous than a vaccine that can not only save your life and reduce the risk of long covid but also can stop you killing others."

10 minutes ago, FunkyDunky58 said:

Check your own post: "Yet you have no problem getting into a car for pleasure which is far more dangerous than a vaccine that can not only save your life and reduce the risk of long covid but also can stop you killing others."

That is not me.