Expats in Thailand to be given COVID-19 vaccine: CCSA

Jonathan Fairfield

The only vaccine I would have an interest in, would be the Modern, Phizer, or another with an efficacy rate of at least 90%. The Sinovac has been shown to be of very low quality, and the results have been poor. Why bother with a junk vaccine?

Will the higher quality vaccines be available here? And at what cost?

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, PGSan said:

Could we please set up a separate part of TVF for the knee-jerk sinophobes to play in?

Not one of the Chinese vaccines has undergone third-stage peer review study. It's not sinophobia. 

China's COVID-19 vaccines are being given the green light without the data being revealed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

People working in the tourism or service sectors or those that are likely to come in contact with foreign tourists would be vaccinated in phase 2 from May. Expats and foreign workers are likely to be vaccinated in phase 3 from June. 

So how about an expat who works in the service sector and is likely to (eventually) come into contact with foreign tourists while currently already frequently coming into contact with local tourists?

At what stage will they receive their inoculation? Quite a tricky problem, huh?

But perhaps not. The only classifier here apparently is "expat". I also note that expats and migrant workers are grouped at the very bottom, i.e. they are the last ones to receive the vaccine. But that is not very surprising. It only goes to show once again where the government believes we belong.

Edited by Misterwhisper

2 hours ago, nickmondo said:

you are all worrying too much

it wont be compulsory to take the Chinese rubbish

it wont be long before the hospitals have their own supplies of the others.

not applicable to me anyway.

i dont want any of them, i will rely on my immune system thanks.

if they deport me........hey ho......not really enjoying it here any more anyway.

already researching Philippines.

Great, one less person to catch it from. Bye.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Moonlover said:

I've been taking fish oil for many years and never catch colds or flu. I'll go along with this one.

What could possibly go wrong? 

I've been weeing everyday since I was born and never been run over. As it obviously is infallible I now don't bother looking before crossing roads.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, HaoleBoy said:

"Dr Apisamai also said that the private sector will be able to procure its own vaccines, providing the vaccines have approval from the regulatory authorities."

Anyone know all the different vaccines that have been approved to date?  

I don't want the Russian or Chinese vaccines.

2 minutes ago, Percy P said:

What's wrong with it. China is almost back to normal after using it.

So they say. The draconian way they lock down has helped the most. Even if it only helps 50% of the time it will be a big help but I would still choose the others first.

18 hours ago, mrfill said:

It'll be rather like choosing which side of the road you'd like to drive. Choosing to drive on the right side in Thailand may not be entirely wise but, hey, it's your choice.

Why not alot of Thais do it especially motorcycle riders 

Judging from the very recent experience of four of my friends in England, I'd really prefer to get vaccinated with the Pfizer version.  They had the Oxford/AZ shot and all felt at least mildly ill for two or three days: a small price to pay for the protection it appears to offer, but I'd sooner skip that part if possible.

The question of whether to get vaccinated at all simply shouldn't be on the table without a very sound medical reason. 

I don't listen to the weasel words, reversals, insinuations and implications that have been rolling out for the last few months regarding vaccine availability and priorities. 

Until they actually have some vaccine in hand its just a fool's game. 

I'm prepared to wait it out and then pay for what's available that I can trust. 

My extension of stay is due end of May. My only wish is that immigration does not link vaccinations and renewals until after that point. It seems inevitable that they will eventually require it. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

If it is the Chinese version, no thanks. I would rather be deported!

Well, if I might waffle a bit? I would prefer to get Pfizer or Astra-Zeneca. Somehow I do not think it will come to being deported. Too many political issues.