Pattaya: British pensioner taken to hospital after roadside CPR - was crossing the road and collided with motorcycle

webfact

Pattaya: British pensioner taken to hospital after roadside CPR - was crossing the road and collided with motorcycle

2pm.jpg

A 77 year old British pensioner was rushed to hospital at 12.30 this morning after he crossed the road and was involved in a collision with a Honda motorcycle driven by a Thai man.

Mr Vogel FM was seriously hurt and was given CPR by the side of the road by Sawang Boriboon foundation rescue staff.

The bike was driven by Torpong, a sound engineer, who according to Siam Chon News, appeared drunk.

He was only slightly injured but was also taken to hospital. 

The accident happened at Sen Thapya Road heading towards Jomtien Sai 2. 

A witness called Rattikan, 23, said that the old man was crossing the road when the motorcycle arrived at speed and they all went flying. 

Soure: Siam Chon News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-02-19

• Sad 1

When will they ever learn?

We need a sticky at the top of every page here wherein our TVF School Crossing Patrol Officers can all post their past advice complete with the supporting youtube vids. However, though they get the "stop and look both ways" bits, considering how Thais may drive on the wrong side, they tend to miss the "listen." 2 outta 3's not bad here, though, and who knows--a life could be saved! ????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, petermik said:

Is there a law preventing folk of any age being out at that time...endless reasons why he could have been out...so basically what your implying is that the accident is his fault for being out so late :sad:

Not at all, common sense says after midnight is the most dangerous time to be out in Pattaya as there are more drunks and thieves out at that time! I wonder did they breathalyse the mocy rider???

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Matreusse said:

Why?   What's his age, the time or what he does with his time got to do with you or the accident?

Absolutely nothing, but hey, it is a public forum and comments are welcome! Or do you interpret it otherwise? Opinions are like noses, everyone's got one!!!

Edited by PatOngo

Just now, PatOngo said:
4 minutes ago, Matreusse said:

Why?   What's his age, the time or what he does with his time got to do with you or the accident?

Absolutely nothing, but hey, it is a public forum and comments are welcome! Or do you interpret it otherwise?

No, I don't, that's why I asked you a question here but I'm glad that you realise that his activity, or the time of it, is nothing but his business. 

3 hours ago, PatOngo said:

I makes me wonder what a 77 year old man would be doing out at 12.30 am anyway?

Just going home, 77 is not decrepit for everyone. I know some very fit and active people well into their 70s and more.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, animalmagic said:

Physically, yes.  But, dependent on what drugs and alcohol the 27 year old had taken, who knows?

If they want to run the gauntlet at all hours, up to them! I really don't give a rat's toss!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Enzian said:

I was walking on the sidewalk along Phloen Chit Road last night at 8 and a large guy on a large bicycle comes at me and I dismissively swing my arm to wave him past me on my left and he looks at me like I'm crazy. I'm not crazy, I'm 81, a feather can knock me down and it can be serious. Thais have no consideration for people who are strangers to them, none.

Correct,i'm on bicycle and Thais have ZERO knowledge regarding driving safely...ZERO.

Hope he will recoverfully and if the Thai man was drunk and at fault...PAYUP or Jail.Guess the Brit didn't have an insurance cause his old and VERY VERY expensive.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Just going home, 77 is not decrepit for everyone. I know some very fit and active people well into their 70s and more.

And I know many more over 70s who should not be out after 10pm especially after a bevvy,  who are not fit and active, and whos senses are not like they were at 40,50,60.

• Like 1