Pattaya: British pensioner taken to hospital after roadside CPR - was crossing the road and collided with motorcycle

webfact

1 minute ago, Asquith Production said:

Does that mean all 70 some things should be in bed early? I am over 70 and can out run many younger  people. As they say age is just a number.

Up to you, you do as you please! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PatOngo said:

I always went by the proverb "Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise!" I never wound up in hospital from getting hit by a mocy at 12.30am! I happen to be a "Morning person", best part of the day for me!

Were you hit in the afternoon? I've had more than enough near misses in mornings and afternoons. Usually by idiot motorcycling  on sidewalk or going against the legal direction in street. They just put a crosswalk with light up near my place. Amazingly, most traffic stops now, perhaps 80+%. But it only takes one. I go by truism  "They're out to kill me as soon as I leave home". Seems to have worked (so far...)

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Asquith Production said:

Does that mean all 70 some things should be in bed early? I am over 70 and can out run many younger  people. As they say age is just a number.

No it is not. It is a deterioration in physical, sensory and usually mental abilities.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Some interesting comments on this.

By the way, the pedestrian does "not" always have the right of way when crossing a street.

It does not look like this was a crosswalk or intersection.  Just walking into the street in front of a vehicle does not give a pedestrian priority.

Seems to me the pedestrian in this case is at fault do to his inattention and proper caution to cross.

This is a quote from an online drivers prep site:

When a pedestrian is crossing a roadway at any point other than within a marked crosswalk or within an unmarked crosswalk at an intersection, he or she must yield the right of way to all vehicles.

In other words, a pedestrian does not have the right of way at all times.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

........what drugs and/or alcohol EITHER of them had taken.

I did not say that either the 27 year old or the 77 year old had taken drugs or alcohol.  My reply was in response to Patongo's question on whether a 27 year old was more physically active and agile than a 77 year old.  It is impossible to respond to a hypothetical question without knowing a lot more facts.  If you read the original quotes that is clear

46 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

Read all my posts! If people want to go out drinking, shopping, whoring, crossing roads and get hit by mocy riders at all hours, I DON"T CARE!

I ask again, why then did you ask why he was out at that time of night?  At least be consistent. If you don't care, why ask ? 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Not at all, common sense says after midnight is the most dangerous time to be out in Pattaya as there are more drunks and thieves out at that time! I wonder did they breathalyse the mocy rider???

Sounds like a nice place to retire in, yet, here we all are.  ????

• Like 1

Why did the chicken, sorry, farang, cross the road, lol?

Seriously, though, where is :

The accident happened at Sen Thapya Road heading towards Jomtien Sai 2

Obviously Jomtien Second Road, but I've never heard of Sen Thapya.

16 hours ago, PatOngo said:

How very observant of you! I thought home in bed would be a better place to be for a 77 yr old at that hour!

Maybe you could enlighten us by indicating which age groups should not be out at 12:30. 

I am a bit worried because I love tuktuking back to my hotel younger sexy looking girls, most of the time well after 12:30.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, webfact said:

Pattaya: British pensioner taken to hospital after roadside CPR - was crossing the road and collided with motorcycle

2pm.jpg

A 77 year old British pensioner was rushed to hospital at 12.30 this morning after he crossed the road and was involved in a collision with a Honda motorcycle driven by a Thai man.

Mr Vogel FM was seriously hurt and was given CPR by the side of the road by Sawang Boriboon foundation rescue staff.

The bike was driven by Torpong, a sound engineer, who according to Siam Chon News, appeared drunk.

He was only slightly injured but was also taken to hospital. 

The accident happened at Sen Thapya Road heading towards Jomtien Sai 2. 

A witness called Rattikan, 23, said that the old man was crossing the road when the motorcycle arrived at speed and they all went flying. 

Soure: Siam Chon News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-02-19

I doubt if he collided with the motor cycle, more likely the motor cycle collided with him

Just now, Matthew2027 said:

Peter died in hospital. You people did not know Peter, he was a lovely lovely kind man. Stop the stupid insensitive comments.

Sadly mate there are a few members on here who delight in others misfortune.

As you have already said... Stop with the insensitive comments.

• Like 1