Pattaya: British pensioner taken to hospital after roadside CPR - was crossing the road and collided with motorcycle

webfact

8 minutes ago, Matthew2027 said:

Peter died in hospital. You people did not know Peter, he was a lovely lovely kind man. Stop the stupid insensitive comments.

That is so sad, killed by yet one more irresponsible, drunk motorbike rider.  I hope the guy gets charged with murder , but I very much doubt it. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Matreusse said:

Very sad about his death but no one murdered him so, obviously, no one could be charged with murder.

In my book that drunken idiot did, just as sure as if he had pointed a pistol at this poor guys head,  but manslaughter would do. Maybe others who are proud to drink and drive, look to themselves and think if they see themselves as people who could easily  kill others with no regard to their responsibilities. DUI is treated far too leniently in my view. 

• Like 1

On 2/19/2021 at 5:57 PM, hotchilli said:

Who happened to be in the road.

With a lot of the footpaths here being used as parking lots, restaurants, markets and bars, one has no choice other than to be on the road.   

In this case, he was trying to cross the cross, but how many near misses have there been for pedestrians who would like to walk on a footpath, if only they could.   

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Leaver said:

In this case, he was trying to cross the cross, but how many near misses have there been for pedestrians who would like to walk on a footpath, if only they could.

It is getting worse with the large number of motorcycle food deliveries racing around the place, never mind the usual contingent of drunks. 

12 hours ago, jacko45k said:

It is getting worse with the large number of motorcycle food deliveries racing around the place, never mind the usual contingent of drunks. 

From what I gather, the margins for those delivery drivers are so tight, they have to speed around just to make a baht.  I think it's their payment structure that causes them to drive like maniacs.  

On 2/20/2021 at 9:19 AM, Matthew2027 said:

Peter died in hospital. You people did not know Peter, he was a lovely lovely kind man. Stop the stupid insensitive comments.

RIP, Peter.  In fairness I don't think we've yet enjoyed joking around about Peter's death, so you'd need to supply a few details. However, just as with Mr. Frederick Moreland Vogel, we'd also have easily avoided the circumstances what done in Peter.

10 hours ago, Leaver said:

From what I gather, the margins for those delivery drivers are so tight, they have to speed around just to make a baht.  I think it's their payment structure that causes them to drive like maniacs.  

I am more concerned by the margin between them and me physically that is also very tight.  They seem to sit around a lot too and must rush to get back to their sitting location to play on their phones. 

3 hours ago, smiggley said:

The mother thanked me for not asking for anything as they were a poor family.

My neighbour had a collision with a kid on a motorcycle, he was riding the wrong way up a dual carriageway. The policeman insisted she paid for his hospital  bill or else he wouldn't give her the police report for her insurance claim.