Fourteen day quarantine for tourists set to end - two plans mulled for April 1st start, sources suggest

webfact

They keep forgetting one thing, they are trying to attract Families...... but there is no Vaccine for Children!! so  do 17 an unders still have to go into 14 day Quarantine ?... mind you my wife and I are fine with that! we can both Hop off down to Koh Samui for ten days then pick up our 4 and 8 year olds from what's left of the hotel after they finish their 14 day stint ha ha ????

Edited by Simons3
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, DonniePeverley said:

This doesn't really make much sense. 

Surely the objective is to get as many vulnerable Thais vaccinated before opening up - otherwise what was the point ?

The point is to revitalize the Thai tourist industry  by allowing in those vaccinated  who are of little danger to those vulnerable Thais to come to Thailand. My the time the proposal is implemented there will be more data and adjustments will be made . If they do implement it and it shows that there is a significant, increase on infections   there is no reason why they can not suspend it. 

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

The point is to revitalize the Thai tourist industry  by allowing in those vaccinated  who are of little danger to those vulnerable Thais to come to Thailand. My the time the proposal is implemented there will be more data and adjustments will be made . If they do implement it and it shows that there is a significant, increase on infections   there is no reason why they can not suspend it. 

The most likely scenario is a mixture of vaccinated tourists, AND vulnerable Thai's vaccinated. 

There are moves on making vaccine passports. But you can't surely be suggesting a bit of paper work (that can easily be doctored) be sufficient ?

Furthermore, i think they'll need more time to evaluate how infectious people can still be with the vaccine. From most reportings, you can still catch the virus and pass it on, even with the vaccination. 

Edited by DonniePeverley

36 minutes ago, DonniePeverley said:

The most likely scenario is a mixture of vaccinated tourists, AND vulnerable Thai's vaccinated. 

There are moves on making vaccine passports. But you can't surely be suggesting a bit of paper work (that can easily be doctored) be sufficient ?

Furthermore, i think they'll need more time to evaluate how infectious people can still be with the vaccine. From most reportings, you can still catch the virus and pass it on, even with the vaccination. 

I never suggested a bit of paper work that can be easily doctored nor has anyone else. I suggest you Google .

The  International Air Transport Association IATA is working on a system where they will collect and verify  all vaccine records from participating countries and make them available in an APP to be used by airlines and countries, . 

I suggest you google "IATA vaccine passport" if you are interested in the subject.

Why Oh Why do the so called ministers and TAT management want to make Thailand the laughing stock of the World on Covid??

I love this country but the ideas these people put forward are beyong belief all to often. They must all be Part Time Comedians!!

Another sad sad day for those of us who want to see this country prosper

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hotrudester said:

Why Oh Why do the so called ministers and TAT management want to make Thailand the laughing stock of the World on Covid??

I love this country but the ideas these people put forward are beyong belief all to often. They must all be Part Time Comedians!!

Thailand is not the only country who is proposing such systems. The UK , EU, many European countries individually or bilaterally with other countries, Greece and Israel I read somewhere are agreeing in something similar.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hotrudester said:

Trying to open up the country safely makes them a laughing stock? Doesn't make sense.

What they are suggesting is fantastic. Let's hope this pans out. We desperately need to get back to normal. But safely.

• Like 1

Just now, sirineou said:

Thailand is not the only country who is proposing such systems. The UK , EU, many European countries individually or bilaterally with other countries, Greece and Israel I read somewhere are agreeing in something similar.  

I might just fly back to the US to get a jab if I know I can come back without a quarantine. Fantastic news.

9 hours ago, Miami007 said:

Sure .. that will work

Requirement 1: get vaccinated- not easy in most countries for anyone under 65

Requirement 2: quarantine at home. Who supervises that? Who can stay away from work for 2 weeks before going to LOS on vacation?

Requirement 3: test in Thailand. What happens, if they test positive?

People do not deal with these hurdles

Exactly, the compromise here is a vaccine stamp and a covid free test, thats all thats required.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, webfact said:

Once in the kingdom they will have a Covid check but still have to be quarantined for two nights, three days.

If that was done at the original departure country, near the airport. prior to boarding with short-ish well controlled transit, and  on arrival in Thailand, that would become useful.

But a bridge that is complete on only one bank of the river is not a very valuable asset, but has future potential.... 

Some conspiracy posts have been reported and removed:

UPDATED NOTICE TO MEMBERS POSTING ON THAIVISA AMID COVID-19 - 25 MARCH 2020

Do not post news or any form of content, including video, audio, images, social media posts that contains messages that may cause people to be afraid or intentionally distort information, causing misunderstanding during the COVID-19 pandemic. 

Any posts or topics which our moderation team deems to be scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed without warning. You may also be subject to a posting suspension or have your profile permanently suspended from the site. 

Thank you for your co-operation.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Tonypandy said:

So arrogant, why would any tourist who been vaccinated in thier own country want to step into a land where no one as been vaccinated. They then spend 3 days in isolation before they can free themselves into an unvaccinated world, or TAT arrange tour trips with unvaccinated tour guides. 

I wouldn't say arrogant. Makes sense. As long as those vaccinated still practice safe procedures. If you've had one of the better jabs, there's almost zero chance you'd get very sick.

This is especially great news for those with families here. Or those who spend part of the year here and part back home.

Let's hope they can put this together.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, robbioff said:

Everyone, stop booking ASQ now!!! And if you can cancel it with a refund, do it!!! Not much longer...????

I am not so sure about that, there are hotels, insurance companies, hospitals, and not to mention the "government" who have noses in the trough.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, dcnx said:

Three days ago they were talking about increasing it to 21 days.

It’s truly amazing how every knucklehead with an idea makes the news here. When someone here has an original thought in that empty brain of theirs, it’s news worthy. I guess it’s a bit like when caveman learned about fire, it was a big deal.

21 days was for those from Africa only  with a new strain

21 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

Great ,so they  expect much people to come party in Thailand!? Coz people who have get vaccine in that point , is age group 75 - 100! Ok in Russia and China other age have maybe get vaccine also! Sick people and nurses+ doctors! They are first in line to book flight to Thailand!

By 1st April Thailand expects the whole Chinese population to be vaccinated, it will be these tourists (and only these tourists) that will be allowed in, kind of a one way travel bubble. Get ready for a massive Chinese invasion !

On 2/19/2021 at 11:17 AM, webfact said:

"Quarantine At Home". Under this idea the tourist will be required to quarantine at their home where they are about to begin their journey before setting foot in Thailand. 

Oh sure! When u r expected to run around like a blue-arsed fly mixing with all and sundry during the last few days before you fly to have a PCR test & fit to fly cert., and getting all other paperwork to satisfy the Thai authorities and airline before you take off and enter Thailand. Not to mention the usual stuff everyone needs to buy and do before going on holiday!

• Like 1

On 2/19/2021 at 11:17 AM, webfact said:

Behind the scenes the Tourism Authority of Thailand, the Tourism Ministry, the Tourism Council, ATTA (the Association of Thai Travel Agents and the THA (Thai hoteliers' Association) have been pressing for an end to the two week quarantine that many see as a huge hurdle to the reintroduction of foreign tourism. 

Many ministries here but where are the health ministry in the midst of this plan....... 

• Like 1