What is the "Note Verbale / Invitation Letter" that I have to attach with my Special Tourist Visa application?

(yes this is the new website to apply for Thai Visa... it changed today, I had to redo my application because of they wouldn't take my application I had painfully submitted yesterday on their previous application website. And by the way on the new website you will see many inconsistencies with the instructions from the DC Embassy)

oiIw0.png

I think that may be French for verbal. The invitation letter is if you are staying at a person's house with them.

I had to double check the embassy website to confirm the change. That is a huge change. Many  people have had problems with it when it it was only for France, UK and China. 

The difference between it and the embassy website is the standard requirements when applying on that site.

13 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The difference between it and the embassy website is the standard requirements when applying on that site.

Actually the former application website was pretty (albeit not fully) consistent with the DC embassy website. And when I call the LA embassy today, the list they gave me of things to send is different from what the DC website says and what the new online application... However in the past different LA embassy employees gave me different answers for other questions I had. So at that point, I have 0 clue!! The only thing I know for sure is that the entire application process is messed up and that's probably why almost nobody flies to Thailand currently.

I just had to submit one for a visa. What it is, is a letter from who ever you will be staying with in Thailland to confirm that they agree you will stay with them.

In my case it was my wife who wrote the letter and signed it.

I think it is just to show you have somewhere to stay and wont be wondering around aimlessly.

When I applied June 2019 for my Non Imm O-A Visa at the Brussels Thai Embassy, my initial application was rejected as I had only booked a Hotel-room for my initial 4 days (using Booking.com).

Embassy staff - when hearing that I would be staying in the house of my girlfriend after some initial travel - requested me to provide the following:

- Signed front/back copy of the ID-card of my Thai girlfriend;

- Copy of the house-book on her name;

- A declaration 'invitation letter' signed by her, that I would be staying at her house.

For that invitation letter they provided me with a form for her to fill in (and Embassy staff added a message for her in Thai on a Post-It note).

My application was accepted without any further hick-ups after providing that requested info.

image.jpeg.260115b9011f63afd38808d826558efe.jpeg

On 2/20/2021 at 4:44 AM, user70 said:

sounds like tourism, which I what my visa is for ????

What did you select for the reason of your visit.

You want the STV but the E-Visa site doesn't appear to offer that as a choice, only the standard TV.

Archived