Internet

Ajarnclovis

Hello,

I am thinking of renting a house near Chiangrai, near Rimkok river, in the countryside. Very quiet and beautiful scenery. BUT the house has no Internet and looks far from the main road. I don't know much about technology, I must confess.

Is there a way to get Internet without being connected to any cables?

Is that your case?

How does it work?

Do I have to buy equipment? Which companies would you recommend if there is a way to get Internet?

I mostly need Internet to connect with my family abroad and watch Netflix or TV5 world. I don't play games or download movies.

Is a house near CR without internet coonection a BIG NO WAY?

Thanks for your helop

Just retired.

As Uncle Mhee asks, do you have mobile data service, AIS, True, DTAC etc. If so you could connect via Mobile Data or WiFi if the provider has this.

I live 'in the jungle' 35 km from the city, and 3BB have fitted a fibre cable direct to my router. 1Gb/s for Bht 749 a month.

5 hours ago, KannikaP said:

As Uncle Mhee asks, do you have mobile data service, AIS, True, DTAC etc. If so you could connect via Mobile Data or WiFi if the provider has this.

I live 'in the jungle' 35 km from the city, and 3BB have fitted a fibre cable direct to my router. 1Gb/s for Bht 749 a month.

Thank you very much for your reply,

I use True with my phone. But I can change to 3BB if they can provide Internet.

I have cable from True but use my phone to create a hotspot for back up.

What you need to do if you are thinking of renting a house is check out the nearby power poles and see if there is an internet company cable strung as well.

Many companies will give a free connection up to a certain distance from the main cable. (I think True is 300m).

These have little signs hanging from them like 3BB.

I know at least one guy about 20kms west of town on the river and he has a cable connection.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just a question about internet..We are with C A.T. optic fibre and were paying around 1100 baht a month .We got tired of their service and downgraded our plan .It seems that quite often the service breaks down no apologises, no credit ,nothing .Today no sevice again and the reason was there is something wrong in phitsanulok!! Its been 7 hours now ,so I rang the manager and said he would call back ..that was 5 hours ago ,does anyone have this trouble with CAT..

Thanks .

My problem with CAT was the bills not turning up, probably not all their fault considering the postal service out here.

I switched to True and for about 750B a month (first 6 months half price) gave me 500mb/500mb and included basic cable TV and a phone sim.

I was paying 1100 a month at CAT and when I went into the head office to cancel they offered me virtually the same deal as True, less the TV connection.

If you'd rather not change go into to CAT head office near the OverBrook and demand the cheaper/better deal.

Edit: the packages change, this seems to be what's on offer now, but you need to talk to them.

https://trueonline.truecorp.co.th/package

Edited by sceadugenga

1 hour ago, sceadugenga said:

My problem with CAT was the bills not turning up, probably not all their fault considering the postal service out here.

I switched to True and for about 750B a month (first 6 months half price) gave me 500mb/500mb and included basic cable TV and a phone sim.

I was paying 1100 a month at CAT and when I went into the head office to cancel they offered me virtually the same deal as True, less the TV connection.

If you'd rather not change go into to CAT head office near the OverBrook and demand the cheaper/better deal.

Edit: the packages change, this seems to be what's on offer now, but you need to talk to them.

https://trueonline.truecorp.co.th/package

Thanks scea,we are going to head office this week.