Need assistance please: Need to get "fit to fly" cert for Thai National leaving UK.

isnakebite

Hello All,

As I understand, as a Thai National my wife requires a "fit to fly" certificate for her forthcoming repatriation flight. She doesn't require a covid test.

However if she were a non Thai national, she would need both the certifcate and a negative test result.

The Royal Embassy of London provide a list of doctors.  I've lost count of how many phone calls and emails I've made these last 2 days but regardless of my explanation it appears everyone I've contacted so far is only offering a "fit to fly" after a negative covid test. 

Can anyone please advise where it is possible for her to get tested for the  "fit to fly"?

Many thanks in advance

23 minutes ago, isnakebite said:

Hello All,

As I understand, as a Thai National my wife requires a "fit to fly" certificate for her forthcoming repatriation flight. She doesn't require a covid test.

However if she were a non Thai national, she would need both the certifcate and a negative test result.

The Royal Embassy of London provide a list of doctors.  I've lost count of how many phone calls and emails I've made these last 2 days but regardless of my explanation it appears everyone I've contacted so far is only offering a "fit to fly" after a negative covid test. 

Can anyone please advise where it is possible for her to get tested for the  "fit to fly"?

Many thanks in advance

you can go to there web site and download the form then get your doctor to sign it and stamp it you can also google it and there a form site there to download

• Like 1

2 hours ago, irishman25 said:

you can go to there web site and download the form then get your doctor to sign it and stamp it you can also google it and there a form site there to download

In some countries, the Thai Embassy has a sample text for the fit-to-fly certificate on its website, each embassy with a different text, but this does not seem to be the case for the UK.

On  the web page http://www.thaiembassy.it/index.php/en/consular-services/certificato-di-ingresso-coe, the Thai embassy in Italy has the link http://www.thaiembassy.it/images/sample_Medical_certificate_fit_to_fly.pdf with their sample text.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, tso310 said:

Try gogodoc expensive but reliable. Telephone examination. 

Interesting option. £80 in total to get it done without having to leave your home is not so bad.

I would be interested to know if the cert they email to customers looks the part, in the sense of not causing any problem when presented to Immigration Officers in Bangkok. Would it, for instance, still pass muster if you only have a black & white printer?

If anyone is willing to post their certificate image here, I am sure quite a few of us would be curious to see it.

Edited by donnacha

5 hours ago, isnakebite said:

Try Dr Donna; copy of negative test normally required but worth a quick LINE/FaceBook message to see if they can accommodate a Thai (costs 400 Bht).

Contact details in this post https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1206234-travel-to-thailand/?do=findComment&comment=16263336

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Salerno said:

Try Dr Donna; copy of negative test normally required but worth a quick LINE/FaceBook message to see if they can accommodate a Thai (costs 400 Bht).

That is absolutely terrific, ten quid!

I wonder if the Immigration Officers would have any issues with it being a certificate issued by a Bangkok-based doctor when the passenger is clearly coming from the other direction? I presume we would have heard reports if they did.

20 hours ago, donnacha said:

Interesting option. £80 in total to get it done without having to leave your home is not so bad.

I would be interested to know if the cert they email to customers looks the part, in the sense of not causing any problem when presented to Immigration Officers in Bangkok. Would it, for instance, still pass muster if you only have a black & white printer?

If anyone is willing to post their certificate image here, I am sure quite a few of us would be curious to see it.

My wife used them back in September for a Thai repat flight. While waiting with her for check-in I noticed quite a few others had used them. They were on the Thai Embassy's list. The certificate was sent as a PDF attachment to your email. The only colour on the form was their logo. B&W shouldn't be a problem. The telephone check took under 10 minutes.

Not having to travel indeed cuts the cost down.

Edited by tso310
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/19/2021 at 5:54 PM, irishman25 said:

Thanks.  My first attempt was my own doctor. They said they wouldn't do anything because my wife wasn't registered (I enquired about making her a temporary patient and they said no because she would be leaving soon) and also "they didn't do it".

Edited by isnakebite

On 2/19/2021 at 8:52 PM, Puccini said:

The fit-to-fly certificate for your friend's repatriation flight from the UK can use any text as long as it is in English and includes the words "fit to fly"

Thanks, it's for my wife not disbuting what's required. Just trying to get one without having to take a covid test as well as it's not required.

On 2/19/2021 at 9:00 PM, Puccini said:

This post in another recent topic has a copy of a fit-to-fly certificate actally used by somebody flying from the UK and unlike the sample of the Thai embassy in Italy it uses correct English.

Thanks. If I understand correctly, Wic, the original poster isn't Thai, hence the requirement for both Cert & test result

On 2/19/2021 at 10:43 PM, Salerno said:

Contact details in this post https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1206234-travel-to-thailand/?do=findComment&comment=16263336

Thanks, the fact that it will be 2 Thais conversing will really help but again a covid test isn't required but we will see what happens with gogodoc.

10 hours ago, treetops said:

If it's proving so difficult just get a Covid test as well.  It's not overly expensive and it could be comforting to know she's Covid free.

Thais travelling on Thai do not need a Covid test. Its been commented many times that farangs on the same flight, LHR-BKK, do need a test. Thai logic.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I went with Gogodoc. The call was just under 2 minutes, 1 minute of that was me answering the phone and then walking to the room where my wife was.

Originally when I enquired I asked for a video call which they said they would do and I had to write it in the notes when I made the booking but later they emailed back to say they couldn't.

My wife thought it was hilarious not just beause how quick it was but asked how did they know they were speaking to her? It could have been anyone and she could have lied about her symptoms (obviously she didn't)

The letter statement only refers to coronavirus, even though they asked my wife if she was using any medication or had any current medical issues (shes isn't and doesn't). I would have expected inclusion of something relating to this.

Additionally I believe the  statement they use is a general template, as it refers to my wife as "they" and "them", which I think they forgot to change to a singular person, particularly as they named her and dated when they spoke to her. Unfortunately they named her incorrectly in the statement, so much so that they changed her gender even though they named her correctly in the subject line. They corrected it all and resent a replacement within 10 minutes of me sending an email highlighting the errors.

Edited by isnakebite