'Something we've never seen' - Mars rover beams back selfie from moment before landing

rooster59

As tremendous achievment as it undoubtedly is, to me the money involved could be much better spent in other areas.back here on earth where we still cannot feed our people, & after 2022 we will still have over 25% of the earths population not vaccinated against Covid because

there is no immediate gain, which could very well come back & bite them in the derriere.

Apart from expanding our frontiers,  as an earthling, I doubt that Mars will bring us any tangible advantages.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, natway09 said:

As tremendous achievment as it undoubtedly is, to me the money involved could be much better spent in other areas.back here on earth where we still cannot feed our people, & after 2022

we will still have over 25% of the earths population not vaccinated against Covid because

there is no immediate gain, which could very well come back & bite them in the derriere.

Apart from expanding our frontiers,  as an earthling, I doubt that Mars will bring us any tangible 

advantages 

Fully agreed, Natway

like cleaning up the oceans of the <deleted> that we are putting there.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kensawadee said:

My son sent me a different image as a joke. I hope it is permissible to post it. I think it is good for a smile

McDonalds and a 'dollar store too.

May be an image of outdoors and text that says 'First picture from Mars'

Thank God, Mars has no oceans to flush garbage into, but NASA probably has plans for that too...

• Like 1

I believe that all money spend in space exploration is a good thing. There are countries in the world are just black holes for money to pour into.  These countries in our life times will never change and it does not matter how much money they get, the situation will not change. We all know what countries that I am talking about.  Keep on exploring NASA and other space agencies.

Geezer

• Like 1