French musicians with no work permit/illegal party busted at Koh Samui "Hippie Festival"

On 2/20/2021 at 4:08 PM, KC 71 said:

'Chanson D'Amour'..........................

'Rat Ta Ta Ta Tat.'

Having fun is now banned, be careful not to be seen carrying a musical instrument, and never sing in a bar, including karaoke. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No masks, no social distancing,,,,,,,,,these idiots give us all a bad name.

2 bottles and some bills. That´s a really good days work for the police. Oh, by the way, they nabbed 4 musicians too. I have always told them to keep low key. Do NOT sing!   Anyway, I am

French musicians with no work permit/illegal party busted at Koh Samui "Hippie Festival"     Bo Phut police and military officers descended on a restaurant on Lamai Beach that had

Posted Images

I used to go to a number of small bars around Bangkok where farang musicians would play.  They all had regular day time jobs in Bangkok but liked music and had formed some bands with like minded individuals.  Naturally they played on the weekends as they couldn't be out too late on a weeknight.

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

Having fun is now banned, be careful not to be seen carrying a musical instrument, and never sing in a bar, including karaoke. 

Im also worried about that, Karaoke Im pretty good even though I say so myself I got invited to one a while ago I mentioned it to the owner about WP this is Phuket, if they see a bunch of farang having a bit of fun, Not allowed, 

I guess I've lived here too long I know what they can do if they want to,

On 2/20/2021 at 9:46 AM, BritManToo said:

I'm not French ..... why does it give me a bad name?

If you are a farang it does.....thais don't,  ir cant be bothered, to distinguish between nationalities.

If you are white then you are a farang.

Its just ignorant racism but the education system doesn't offer them open thinking. 

Thats why black people are just called chocolate man/woman.

So sad but we should try to help them understand, poor little buffalo jockeys.

• Haha 1

Try Vietnam or Laos , even Cambodia if you want to sing without getting arrested. They also sell French baguettes there so no excuses. 

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Nsp64 said:

If you are a farang it does.....thais don't,  ir cant be bothered, to distinguish between nationalities.

If you are white then you are a farang.

Its just ignorant racism but the education system doesn't offer them open thinking. 

Thats why black people are just called chocolate man/woman.

So sad but we should try to help them understand, poor little buffalo jockeys.

AHHHH. That's why Arabs are called Arabs. Now we know. Thank you for your wisdom.

• Like 1
On 2/20/2021 at 2:15 PM, ChipButty said:

Them French should be banned from singing anyway

I saw a fella once, named Jean-Pierre, i think.

Did a pretty decent version of

'Sweet Surrender'

though i think it might have been in his genes!

• Haha 1
On 2/23/2021 at 11:35 AM, Hanuman2547 said:

I used to go to a number of small bars around Bangkok where farang musicians would play.  They all had regular day time jobs in Bangkok but liked music and had formed some bands with like minded individuals.  Naturally they played on the weekends as they couldn't be out too late on a weeknight.

I'm fairly happy that old white amateur 'musicians' playing 70s rock music is frowned upon here.

I'd rather have my ears gouged out than  listen to that sort of stuff.

Nothing wrong with Thai bands playing Thai music IMHO.

• Like 1

I have a friend who was at the party. He said a number of police and plain clothed officers showed up. One started hassling my friend, and told him to go into a room, where they were all being booked. He did not. The guy got distracted, and he made a run for it. Good on him. His friends spent the night in jail, and had to pay a fine of 4,000  baht. For attending a small party. These are all people who live on Samui or Phangan, have had no exposure for weeks now, and yet they are still trying to hassle people, and scare them into submission. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I'm fairly happy that old white amateur 'musicians' playing 70s rock music is frowned upon here.

As long as you dont have a Filipino band playing Hotel California 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Although there is that too, some of the bands were quite young as in all under 30.  They also wrote and performed some of their own material as well as a lot of covers.  I particularly liked one of their songs about Tata Young back in the 90's.  It was quite funny.

There was also an African/American guy that was very good at singing R&B/Soul covers with his band.  Good times!