French musicians with no work permit/illegal party busted at Koh Samui "Hippie Festival"

rooster59

10 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I'm not French ..... why does it give me a bad name?

It doesn't BMT. Take no notice.

I am French and I'm dismayed that this has happened. Everyone knows that French musicians are among the best in the world. The BinB should have listened and enjoyed the scene and ambiance.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, A Los for words said:

I agree....in order of wrongness:

1. Accordion

2.Pan Pipes

3. Electric organ with drum machine

Harmonica, Recorder, shakers, cowbells, tambourine are preferred torture device of hippie.

I am not distressed over the hassle of these vagrant type people. They do not look like they are contributing much to the world. Just how are they supporting themselves? Maybe they are legally employed at something  but it would be interesting to know what they do and how people of this age are supporting their life of leisure in  sunny Thailand.

15 hours ago, rooster59 said:

French musicians with no work permit/illegal party busted at Koh Samui "Hippie Festival"

150049741_2867133643542429_3295206499818395562_n.jpg

Bo Phut police and military officers descended on a restaurant on Lamai Beach that had organized an illegal drinks and music party. 

Kannika Thongreuang, 48, identified herself as the manageress and was charged with selling alcohol out of hours.

Two bottles of beer and a couple of bills were taken in evidence. 

Four French musicians - some pictured on the Bo Phut police website - were arrested for illegal work without a permit. 

151631735_2867133753542418_4622218745012856314_n.jpg

One was playing drums, another on sax, a third on bass and another playing guitar. They were singing too. They were taken away to Bo Phut police station.

The party was attended by 100 Thais and foreigners and a sign on the police page read "Hippie Festival Samui". 

All IDs and passports of attendees were checked during the raid yesterday. 

Complaints had been received about an illegal party. 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-02-20

This criminal farangs playing music, what a scandal????????????

How glad am I that the hunt is still on and that all those job destroyers from faraway dirty farang land are being caught in the middle of the action, evidential elements like two beer bottles and some bills were secured and the entire story is published online on the WORLD WIDE web. 

This might backfire as well - but there is nothing to backfire to meanwhile ........ 

• Haha 2

On 2/20/2021 at 9:09 AM, rooster59 said:

The party was attended by 100 Thais and foreigners and a sign on the police page read "Hippie Festival Samui"

The Thai haters are out in force on this one but most are missing (or choosing to ignore) the main point.

This was an organised, illegal, money making event selling alcohol illegally

Not a jamming session.

The police here often do nothing when foreigners play at impromptu events, but when the police are called out and laws are being broken, they will throw the book at everyone and anyone.

Covid rules. Not party animals that do not give a hoot about anyone but themselves.

I didn't know there was such a word as "manageress". Now I know. How about "managera", the "a" designating a female?

Wow that place is packed! Definitely needed cracking down. Let's get rid of all the pesky foreigners! That's the most important thing for the police to do these days.