Thai airways - what do you think will happen - refunds/credit advice

millymoopoo

4 hours ago, seajae said:

I had tickets for internal travel with Thai Smile as well as Air Asia

Did they cancel the flights? Or did you.

No clue what Thai Smile and AirAsia have for COVID voucher/re-booking options?

I think any sort of refund is not going to happen.

Now it's up to you to figure out if you can use the tickets.

Can you view either PNR on-line?

On 3/8/2021 at 3:08 PM, mtls2005 said:

Did they cancel the flights? Or did you.

No clue what Thai Smile and AirAsia have for COVID voucher/re-booking options?

I think any sort of refund is not going to happen.

Now it's up to you to figure out if you can use the tickets.

Can you view either PNR on-line?

they cancelled the flights, I have emailed/contacted both airlines, air asia said they had fixed it and given me a  credit but they havent and smile simply refused to reply or accept the forms/emails I sent them, as requested, its a total sham from both rather than actually give  credit/refund

On 2/20/2021 at 2:27 PM, internationalism said:

in bankruptcy they have up to 12 months to return.

if you payed with card you can with your bank earlier.

they well might close down

Yes the time to return is right but there is a pecking order of who gets paid and when. Unfortunately customers are the last in line to share whatever is left over from clearing the major debts.

I wouldnt hold out much hope for getting anything back although I hope all you guys get a full refund.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone else got tye below message from THAI?

The English version is saying our voucher has been canceled. Bit odd, unless of course a refund is on its way!

With THAI optional offering Travel Voucher for your consideration in using as payment for your next THAI Services
while waiting for the Rehabilitation plan refund pay back as your original requirement.

Together with this email, please accept your official notification on Travel Voucher cancellation
to comply with your objection on receiving THAI Travel Voucher option.

We are looking forward to be at your service on THAI.

Sincerely yours,

Thai Airways International Public Company Limited

ตามที่บริษัทฯนำเสนอ Travel Voucher เพื่อเป็นทางเลือกในการเรียกใช้บริการของการบินไทยระหว่างรอการดำเนินการตามแผนฟื้นฟู
เพื่อคืนเงินค่าบัตรโดยสารให้กับท่านตามการร้องขอนั้น

จากการปฏิเสธไม่ขอรับ Travel Voucher ฉบับดังกล่าว การบินไทยใคร่ขอนำเรียนท่านผู้โดยสารถึงการดำเนินการยกเลิก
Travel Voucher ฉบับดังกล่าวตามที่ท่านปฏิเสธการนำเสนอเรียบร้อยแล้ว

การบินไทยหวังเป็นอย่างยิ่งว่าจะมีโอกาสได้รับใช้ท่านผู้โดยสารในการเดินทางคราวต่อไป

As a follow-up our travel agent has issued a 'promise' to pay our refund back in 4 months time. It appears they have had the money since early last year when our flights were cancelled.

A complaint to the Thai Consumer Protection Board got the response that they have had many complaints about this particular company, it was illegal to withhold the money last year and that there was an ongoing investigation.

Ho hum.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, edwinchester said:

As a follow-up our travel agent has issued a 'promise' to pay our refund back in 4 months time. It appears they have had the money since early last year when our flights were cancelled.

Wasn't this some long-time friend of your wife's who you've had a air ticket relationship with for years?

Quote: 

Been using the friends small agency for well over a decade now with no problems and very good deals. The money made it to Thai, confirmed with Thai and tickets issued but then cancelled.

Sounds like they cancelled the ticket way back, kept the refund, and then, maybe told you something else?

On 4/2/2021 at 4:04 PM, ExpatOilWorker said:

Anyone else got tye below message from THAI?

Seen some recent reports on Flyertalk (TG subforum) that people are receiving refunds, for the same amount as the voucher they are holding.

My best guess is that you too will receive a refund, unless you object.

Very, very good news.

Maybe this was part of the bankruptcy agreement?

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Wasn't this some long-time friend of your wife's who you've had a air ticket relationship with for years?

Quote: 

Been using the friends small agency for well over a decade now with no problems and very good deals. The money made it to Thai, confirmed with Thai and tickets issued but then cancelled.

Sounds like they cancelled the ticket way back, kept the refund, and then, maybe told you something else?

Seen some recent reports on Flyertalk (TG subforum) that people are receiving refunds, for the same amount as the voucher they are holding.

My best guess is that you too will receive a refund, unless you object.

Very, very good news.

Maybe this was part of the bankruptcy agreement?

Nearly...wifeys friend is the sub-agent we ordered the ticket through. Main travel agent issued the ticket and are the ones withholding the money and supposedly the subject of investigation.

Wifeys friend is owed a very large amount of commission by the main agent that has also been withheld for over a year. She has also been promised this later in the year but only a reduced percentage of what she is owed.