• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Any real friend should help his friends. I am pretty sure I have such friends in Thailand.   But, there is always a but. The first example which you mentioned is about money. And that i

What does the meaning of friendship mean to you ? How many "real " friends do you have in Thailand or if you are a expat in Thailand do you have real friends back in your home country?  

I and many would turn to their loved ones first like wife/partner , family etc before any "friends".   That said of course if you choose not to have a relationship and there is no family lef

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

Perfect Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance!

Fantastic quote !!

Never heard it before ...now it's going to be my motto!!

what you write is very very true.

Before I plan to live in Thailand I will go thru stuff like Wills and insurance etc and Plan like u said in if case scenarios so I don't have to rely on others 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
33 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

I and many would turn to their loved ones first like wife/partner , family etc before any "friends".

That said of course if you choose not to have a relationship and there is no family left then of course "friends" is next and may be all you have.

Big difference in a " true friend" and an aquaintance. Many may perceive to be a friend but is really an aquaintance when the chips are down. 

Sadly its when things bad happen that you make the real discovery of who is a true "friend"

Very true that last paragraph !!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

he has done a hell of a lot for some of these friends

That might depend on his definition... for some, it might be just listening to a drunken story... I think we all know from experience/watching behavior,  which of our friends help others and who doesn't... 

If we are here to help others, what are the others here for?  [as it is said ]