The meaning of friends

georgegeorgia

15 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

Perfect Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance!

Fantastic quote !!

Never heard it before ...now it's going to be my motto!!

what you write is very very true.

Before I plan to live in Thailand I will go thru stuff like Wills and insurance etc and Plan like u said in if case scenarios so I don't have to rely on others 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

I and many would turn to their loved ones first like wife/partner , family etc before any "friends".

That said of course if you choose not to have a relationship and there is no family left then of course "friends" is next and may be all you have.

Big difference in a " true friend" and an aquaintance. Many may perceive to be a friend but is really an aquaintance when the chips are down. 

Sadly its when things bad happen that you make the real discovery of who is a true "friend"

Very true that last paragraph !!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

he has done a hell of a lot for some of these friends

That might depend on his definition... for some, it might be just listening to a drunken story... I think we all know from experience/watching behavior,  which of our friends help others and who doesn't... 

If we are here to help others, what are the others here for?  [as it is said ] 

34 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

You led a sheltered life?

After graduating university - I spent a year as a backpacker travelling about the world... had a few businesses, a couple of wives, met a ton of interesting people... owned many spectacular properties... and much more...

never personally changed the oil in my car...

not sure which you might consider a sheltered life.. or why you might ask??

Another poster pointed out your little word play was a military thing - - never did that either... 

Edited by 1FinickyOne

Don't need ask to help if have real friends. They do it whitout asking! Is that good thing to move other coundry, if you dont have nobody to rely on !? I know i can trust my Thai family, they have helped me always . Many say they have much friend's like in Facebook??? They not friends! I stop hole Facebook and other same kind sht many years ago and have find out now its even trend to stop social media app's! I do it , coz i dont have need to know what people are doing all the time!

But best if you have haddle you things the way: you don't need much help! Maybe i think different if i get more age (now goming 49).

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Fantastic quote !!

Never heard it before ...now it's going to be my motto!!

what you write is very very true.

Before I plan to live in Thailand I will go thru stuff like Wills and insurance etc and Plan like u said in if case scenarios so I don't have to rely on others 

The quote used for many Years now is 

" Plss Poor Planning = Plss poor performance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1