Now the other side of the Covid expat coin

JTXR

6 hours ago, cdemundo said:

You are correct.  Flu vaccines are often comparable to this.

I think the medical establishment and the media have failed in reporting the performance of the vaccines.

Sinovac has proved to be 100% effective in preventing hospitalizations and death, as have all the 1st seven vaccines: 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2021/02/12/all-covid-vaccines-stop-death-severe-illness-column/6709455002/

"All seven COVID-19 vaccines that have completed large efficacy trials — Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, Novavax, AstraZeneca, Sputnik V and Sinovac — appear to be 100% effective for serious complications. Not one vaccinated person has gotten sick enough to require hospitalization. Not a single vaccinated person has died of COVID-19."

Also, the term efficacy has not been well explained.

An efficacy of 50% means that half as many people came down with symptomatic COVID compared to the number of people who became symptomatic in the placebo group.

This means a vaccinated person's chance of coming down with symptomatic COVID is cut in half compared to the unvaccinated.

What it does not mean is that 50% of the vaccinated group became symptomatic; which I think many people have wrongly concluded.

There's no transparency for the Chinese jab. Who knows what's going on with it. The data from their clinical trials hasn't been published. But like they say, it's better than no jab.

We're lucky here in Thailand. No way I'd want to be in the US. The country with the most covid cases and deaths.

• Haha 1

On 2/20/2021 at 3:02 PM, JTXR said:

For a year I had friends in the U.S. telling me how envious they were of me.  COVID-19 raging everywhere  there and very little here.

Now, almost all my US-based friends in my age group are posting online about receiving their second Moderna or Pfizer jab, while here there's no telling when we'll even start.  How things can change....

Still time to get back to U.S. and go complain over there how much you miss Th.... 555555

• Thanks 1

On 2/20/2021 at 2:19 AM, Antonymous said:

So, if living in fear of catching Covid for a year wasn't enough, now they've had to take an experimental vaccine. Sheesh, double whammy.

We are so lucky to be in Thailand. Tell 'em.

No one in the US has been forced to take the vax. OTOH, YOU will likely be forced if you want to stay there. ????

Edited by XBroker
  • Like 1

On 2/20/2021 at 9:27 PM, tonray said:

Absolutely cannot be said about life in the US where people are still squirelled away in their homes afraid to go out and about. 

I've never worn a mask once and have not ever had my travel restricted in the U.S.

• Sad 2

On 2/20/2021 at 9:02 AM, JTXR said:

For a year I had friends in the U.S. telling me how envious they were of me.  COVID-19 raging everywhere  there and very little here.

Now, almost all my US-based friends in my age group are posting online about receiving their second Moderna or Pfizer jab, while here there's no telling when we'll even start.  How things can change....

Nothing stopping you from going back home to get one, is it?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, placeholder said:

I guess you're not traveling by plane. And Biden has now made mask wearing mandatory on public transport for interstate travel.

Public transport for interstate travel?  Yeah, no I'm a grown man who's not broke. ????  Stopped flying before 9/11 as I could sense things were changing for the worse. Flight attendants getting surly.. and other theories I'll leave out. Not taking the test either as the test is also a 'vaccine'..  The link will be removed if I post the evidence of that.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, XBroker said:

Public transport for interstate travel?  Yeah, no I'm a grown man who's not broke. ????  Stopped flying before 9/11 as I could sense things were changing for the worse. Flight attendants getting surly.. and other theories I'll leave out. Not taking the test either as the test is also a 'vaccine'..  The link will be removed if I post the evidence of that.

So you're comment about not having your travel restricted is more or less pointless.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm wondering where people get this 500,000 number from. The death rate in the US for 2020 is actually slightly less than it was for 2019; but don't let facts cloud your judgement.  I would think people would be happy there, supposedly living their 'dream'...? I'm not seeing it. 

Whenever I come on here it's like that scene out of midnight express where the prisoners get mad bc the guy is circling the cube in the wrong direction. If you want to be a conformist to MSM narratives, be that. Doesn't mean the rest of us have to. I've traveled to other states and not been bothered when I don't wear a face diaper... There is no law that says you have to muzzle up...

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, XBroker said:

I'm wondering where people get this 500,000 number from. The death rate in the US for 2020 is actually slightly less than it was for 2019; but don't let facts cloud your judgement.  I would think people would be happy there, supposedly living their 'dream'...? I'm not seeing it. 

Where do you get your nonsense from? Here's some info straight from the CDC:

image.png.5b10065475ccf88279147b9b6946715c.png

Figure Notes:

Number of deaths reported on this page are the total number of deaths received and coded as of the date of analysis and do not represent all deaths that occurred in that period. Data are incomplete because of the lag in time between when the death occurred and when the death certificate is completed, submitted to NCHS and processed for reporting purposes. This delay can range from 1 week to 8 weeks or more, depending on the jurisdiction and cause of death. See https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/COVID19/index.htm for more information. 

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm

9 hours ago, XBroker said:

Preliminary US death statistics show over 3.1 million total deaths in 2020—at least 12% more deaths than in 2019

https://usafacts.org/articles/preliminary-us-death-statistics-more-deaths-in-2020-than-2019-coronavirus-age-flu/

21 hours ago, XBroker said:

Whenever I come on here it's like that scene out of midnight express where the prisoners get mad bc the guy is circling the cube in the wrong direction. If you want to be a conformist to MSM narratives, be that. Doesn't mean the rest of us have to. I've traveled to other states and not been bothered when I don't wear a face diaper... There is no law that says you have to muzzle up...

This says otherwise regarding excess mortality in the usa during the pandemic. I'd say 'slightly' more. 

Screenshot_20210227_014651.jpg