Now the other side of the Covid expat coin

A post suggesting a well known pseudoscience conspiracy site has been removed as it is not allowed on here.

Also removed is a conspiracy troll post and a reply

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, if living in fear of catching Covid for a year wasn't enough, now they've had to take an experimental vaccine. Sheesh, double whammy.   We are so lucky to be in Thailand. Tell 'em.

I think if Thailand would have the same amount of dead persons because of covid, maybe they would also be interested in faster ongoing.   But now even when your age almost all your friends r

MyanmarBorders are closed

Posted Images

9 hours ago, XBroker said:

I'm wondering where people get this 500,000 number from. The death rate in the US for 2020 is actually slightly less than it was for 2019; but don't let facts cloud your judgement.  I would think people would be happy there, supposedly living their 'dream'...? I'm not seeing it. 

Where do you get your nonsense from? Here's some info straight from the CDC:

image.png.5b10065475ccf88279147b9b6946715c.png

Figure Notes:

Number of deaths reported on this page are the total number of deaths received and coded as of the date of analysis and do not represent all deaths that occurred in that period. Data are incomplete because of the lag in time between when the death occurred and when the death certificate is completed, submitted to NCHS and processed for reporting purposes. This delay can range from 1 week to 8 weeks or more, depending on the jurisdiction and cause of death. See https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/COVID19/index.htm for more information. 

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm

9 hours ago, XBroker said:

I'm wondering where people get this 500,000 number from. The death rate in the US for 2020 is actually slightly less than it was for 2019; but don't let facts cloud your judgement.  I would think people would be happy there, supposedly living their 'dream'...? I'm not seeing it. 

Preliminary US death statistics show over 3.1 million total deaths in 2020—at least 12% more deaths than in 2019

https://usafacts.org/articles/preliminary-us-death-statistics-more-deaths-in-2020-than-2019-coronavirus-age-flu/

21 hours ago, XBroker said:

Whenever I come on here it's like that scene out of midnight express where the prisoners get mad bc the guy is circling the cube in the wrong direction. If you want to be a conformist to MSM narratives, be that. Doesn't mean the rest of us have to. I've traveled to other states and not been bothered when I don't wear a face diaper... There is no law that says you have to muzzle up...

This says otherwise regarding excess mortality in the usa during the pandemic. I'd say 'slightly' more. 

Screenshot_20210227_014651.jpg

16 hours ago, bermondburi said:

This says otherwise regarding excess mortality in the usa during the pandemic. I'd say 'slightly' more. 

Could you provide a link to this graph? I can't find it.

• Like 1
On 2/27/2021 at 5:49 AM, bermondburi said:

Actually, I did find it. Just a brain glitch on my part. Still, for the future, please include a link to sources.

• Like 1