Pattaya: Walking Street "tout wars" - two appeal to the press after police inaction

rooster59

8 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

Let the girls do the enticement to go into the bar

1 probably more successful

2 less chance of them being beaten up

3 not sure of what an older man would be enticing you into

4 happened a long time ago, arises now to obtain sympathy or .......

1. Yes they are the hello girls, usually the best looking ones they got. Then you go inside to the farm!

2. Absolutely....

3. Special shows I suspect, they carry a small sign with various details and will lead you to various establishments. There is often a special entry price or first drink minimum if you look likely to fall for this scam.

4. Surprised there are any people to harass lately.

5. Are the sleepless security guys getting bored again?

Edited by jacko45k

17 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

The touts in WS have always been a major nuisance for all the tourists

in a normal country the authorities would have gotten rid of them long time ago already

The touts are a bit annoying,but usually,fairly harmless.

18 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

in a normal country the authorities would have gotten rid of them long time ago already

There is nothing normal about Thailand.

• Like 2

wow for some reason obviously some of you like them, or at least are ok with them being here

if you like to have a plastic card with a pingpong show menu put directly on your face every 2 minutes

when you have 0 interst in it, you probably have a high level of tolerance, kuddos to you for that

Of course it's not the main problem in Pattaya, but it was one of these little anonying things making your

walk along this street less comfortable.

Not a big deal but still

In 15 years of visiting WS I have been bothered by these guys..It's all part of the fun. I feel sorry for them and I am always polite to them. The one time I used their services, when I was with a Thai girl, who wanted to see a sex show, the tour too us to a BDSM show at AW on Soi 15. Good service.

18 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Touts do not exist to me I do not react to them. Even a flying insect gets a wave of the hand. They are non entities, not worthy of such contempt as proposed here on Thai visa forum.

They are poor guys trying to earn a living. They have more right to be here than you or me. They are not insects they are human beings

39 minutes ago, Nout said:

They are poor guys trying to earn a living. They have more right to be here than you or me. They are not insects they are human beings

That's true. I don't react to touts. I don't react to Indians foisting nuts or fake watches in my face either. Do they have more rights than I do? I don't give money to children selling flowers. Maybe then they do not  have to work at night. 

8 hours ago, Nout said:

Yes.  They aren't exactly salaried workers, and only get paid for bringing warm bodies into their bar.  With the lack of tourists, I can see them going absolutely feral competing for the few who may show up.

21 hours ago, mikebell said:

I have been saying this for years; Pattaya police don't work at night because they are scared to go into work in case they meet bad people; there are other reasons why they don't work weekends; holidays; after 4pm; before 10am; at all.

They did for a while pre-Covid when they figured out how lucrative stopping drunk drivers was, especially foreigners. They set up 2-3am roadblocks all over the place. 

22 hours ago, mikebell said:

I have been saying this for years; Pattaya police don't work at night because they are scared to go into work in case they meet bad people; there are other reasons why they don't work weekends; holidays; after 4pm; before 10am; at all.

It's not just the Pattaya BiB, it's the same country wide.

On 2/20/2021 at 8:06 PM, rooster59 said:

Turf wars have erupted between different groups of touts in  Pattaya's Walking Street.

Just another day in the "world famous family friendly resort" gearing up for the return of the cash cows.

• Haha 1

On 2/20/2021 at 9:19 PM, kingofthemountain said:

Have you been to Spain in the last 25 years, just as bad as WS, if not much worse.  Shanghai is a nightmare of touts, outside every shop in any market or mall.   Just ignore them. 

11 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Have you been to Spain in the last 25 years, just as bad as WS, if not much worse.  Shanghai is a nightmare of touts, outside every shop in any market or mall.   Just ignore them. 

Places like Torremolinos maybe.

But not in the Spain  i know.

16 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

wow for some reason obviously some of you like them, or at least are ok with them being here

if you like to have a plastic card with a pingpong show menu put directly on your face every 2 minutes

when you have 0 interst in it, you probably have a high level of tolerance, kuddos to you for that

Of course it's not the main problem in Pattaya, but it was one of these little anonying things making your

walk along this street less comfortable.

Not a big deal but still

And Patpong too

On 2/21/2021 at 3:58 AM, foreverlomsak said:

Let the girls do the enticement to go into the bar

1 probably more successful

2 less chance of them being beaten up

3 not sure of what an older man would be enticing you into

4 happened a long time ago, arises now to obtain sympathy or .......

??????????????????????

Have you missed all those girls outside the bars, "touting"?

Far as I know the OP is about the guys that hang around with a "menu" of what goes on in seedier bars. Easy to brush off.