9 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

https://thaievisa.go.th/

Thailand has a new evisa system for applying for a Thai visa.

Unlike most evisa systems, Thailand requires a trip to the consulate for some reason. I don’t know if Thai consulates are open for such visits, so I don’t know how useful this new process will be.

This system has been in use since 2019 at least but only for certain nationalities.  USA has been added in the last few days which may be why it's come to your attention.

It's not really an evisa as such but an e-application and still requires a sticker in your passport.  When I used it in 2019 it didn't require any visit to an Embassy or Consulate and I can't see that having changed given recent reports and the current situation.

Like a lot of Thai applications there are many issues with getting through the process, but there are many who have used it successfully so it can be done.

26 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Unlike most evisa systems, Thailand requires a trip to the consulate for some reason. I don’t know if Thai consulates are open for such visits, so I don’t know how useful this new process will be.

As said it is not new. It was rolled out in early 2019 and the Thai embassy in Beijing was the first to use it then later the ones in France and the UK started using it in June of 2019.

The Thai embassies and official consulates are all open but visa applications are being done by mail at many of them.

Just filed for the Thai E-visa on 18 Feb. (Single Entry Non-O) through Wash DC embassy with a reply to send all doc's with my passport via USPS mail and do not show for the appointment due to Covid-19.  More later. 

10 hours ago, Dan747 said:

Just filed for the Thai E-visa on 18 Feb. (Single Entry Non-O) through Wash DC embassy with a reply to send all doc's with my passport via USPS mail and do not show for the appointment due to Covid-19.  More later. 

Any idea of the turnaround time from mailing in your passport till when you get it back?

11 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Any idea of the turnaround time from mailing in your passport till when you get it back?

They should receive my package Monday (22 Feb 2021) and I will update on this site with all info as I proceed. More later-Happy Travels.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2021 at 7:01 PM, Dan747 said:

They should receive my package Monday (22 Feb 2021) and I will update on this site with all info as I proceed. More later-Happy Travels.

Just got my Passport back today. I had submitted a Non-O package on the 17th of Feb. with a reply on the 18th that I had to resubmit via their E-Visa. Thankfully I had save most of the package on my computer to resend. Without any info (HELP) from the Thai Embassy I filled out the the E-Visa info with a huge problem of not being able to add more Doc's to justify the Visa.  The E-Visa would only let me file for a Non-O single entry of which is only good for 90 days. After I paid $80 and hit the Submit button, the reply said I had an appointment the next day at the Embassy in Wash DC with a RMK due to Covid-19 I must send in a complete package to the Embassy.  I sent a complete package with photo's, passport and Non-O form via USPS Priority mail with an Express one day return. My Non-O Visa is issued on the 25th of Feb and valid until the 24th of May. I arrive on the 22nd of April but with quarantine in BKK for 14 days and another 14 days in Ubon, this could be problematic for my immigration visit at Ubon. The Good News is I have had the two Pfizer vaccine shots and maybe things will change before I arrive or during my quarantine. More hoops to follow with my AA flight being canceled (MCO-BKK must reschedule),  Fit to Fly and Covid-19 test within 72 hours of arrival.  Hopes this helps-Happy Travels. 

7 hours ago, Dan747 said:

I arrive on the 22nd of April but with quarantine in BKK for 14 days and another 14 days in Ubon, this could be problematic for my immigration visit at Ubon.

There will be no additional 14 days when you arrive in Ubon. That has been dropped.

COE's have been submitted with an Airline itinerary (MCO-ORD-NRT-BKK, 20 April 2021) for both my wife and I. Await approval and then start working on ‘Fit to Fly Health Certificate’ and  RT-PCR test, issued no more than 72 hours before departure. More later-"Happy Travels."

Archived