Moving to Chonburi from Bangkok, is TM30 only documentation required.

The TM28 has been replace by the TM27 form. Only a change of your registered address requires one but many offices do not ask for it.

TM30 form submittal may be enough if it has good proof of where you are staying attached to it.

On 2/21/2021 at 8:49 AM, ubonjoe said:

The TM28 has been replace by the TM27 form. Only a change of your registered address requires one but many offices do not ask for it.

TM30 form submittal may be enough if it has good proof of where you are staying attached to it.

Apologies, still a bit confused by this.  If a condo owner registers me online with TM30 at a new address in Chonburi, would a TM27 also be required in Chonburi after moving from Bangkok?

Thanks for any clarification.

3 minutes ago, hapark said:

Apologies, still a bit confused by this.  If a condo owner registers me online with TM30 at a new address in Chonburi, would a TM27 also be required in Chonburi after moving from Bangkok?

I don't think Jomtien has been asking for TM27 form. But immigration could ask for more proof of residence dependent upon what type of visa entry or extension of stay stay you have.

On 2/21/2021 at 8:49 AM, ubonjoe said:

The TM28 has been replace by the TM27 form.

It hasn't been replaced, they both still exist. The only change was that additional groups of foreigners have been made exempt from TM28.

16 minutes ago, hapark said:

I've not heard of a single immigration office which is trying to enforce TM27. You are officially exempt from TM28, so the only form left is TM30.

11 hours ago, hapark said:

When the owner of the condo that you are renting, files a TM-30 to local IO that you are residing there, that should be sufficient.

If you are staying at a Hotel/Guesthouse, IO would not know whether that's just for a day-trip or whether that it is now your 'official address for immigration purposes'.  So in that case, you should visit the local IO to officially relocate to the address where you are staying by filing a TM-30 in person.  Depending on the type of Visa on which you are staying in Thailand, IO might require proof of long-stay intent (e.g. a rental contract).

5 minutes ago, Terek said:

anyone have problem connecting to online TM30  app Section38 and website also today? App gives alert: Can not connect and website  Failure of Web Server bridge  ...

Immigrations extranet has been down for a week now. No site on it is working along with the associated apps.

Archived