Extension to stay based on marriage - First 90 day report

My first 90 day report was due yesterday. Due to it being a weekend I will go to immigration and complete it tomorrow. Apart from a completed TM.47 and a passport photo is there anything else I require to take to the immigration office?

Thanks

13 minutes ago, baneko said:

My first 90 day report was due yesterday. Due to it being a weekend I will go to immigration and complete it tomorrow. Apart from a completed TM.47 and a passport photo is there anything else I require to take to the immigration office?

Thanks

If you have any doubts just call the office where you will report.

25 minutes ago, baneko said:

Apart from a completed TM.47 and a passport photo is there anything else I require to take to the immigration office?

A photo is not required to do a 90 day report.

All you should need is a completed TM47 form.

35 minutes ago, connda said:

I still have to submit passport photos, first page of passport with stamps, current extension stamp, and TM.6 along with the TM47.
So, as the old story goes, "It depends on the office."

It does yes, some still prefer the old fashioned method of the the more paper the better.

There is nowhere available on a TM47 to put a Passport photo.

If you submit your 90 day report to the same office that issued your extension, then theoretically you need nothing more than your Name and Passport number for them to bring up all your details.

That's what many IO's now do, hence only Passport required.

57 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

It does yes, some still prefer the old fashioned method of the the more paper the better.

There is nowhere available on a TM47 to put a Passport photo.

If you submit your 90 day report to the same office that issued your extension, then theoretically you need nothing more than your Name and Passport number for them to bring up all your details.

That's what many IO's now do, hence only Passport required.

Theoretically perhaps.  In practice at the office I report to they prefer to kill trees.  Hence, multiple photocopies plus a TM47.

Re, for clarity: "I still have to submit passport photos,"  as in a photocopy of the first page of the passport with picture and relevant details.  Not a 4 x 6 passport photo attached to a TM47.  I've been doing this for 14 years so I've lots of practice.  :dry:

23 hours ago, baneko said:

You wrote that this is your first 90-day report.

If you already visited your local Imm Office earlier (e.g. them having issued your 1-year extension of stay), then you only need your passport and the filled-in TM-47 form to do that 90-day report in person.  The application window for doing it in person is from 14 days before till 6 days after due date.

However, if this is your very first dealing with your local Imm Office, they will also ask you whether a TM-30 was filed notifying IO that you - a foreigner - is residing in their province.  

If you or the owner of the premisses where you are staying, did this it would be useful to also bring the TM-30 notification slip (when it was done in person) or a screenshot of the TM-30 being filed when having used the IO TM-30 website for the notification.

Note: The 90-day report is in fact nothing more than a confirmation that your 'official address for immigration purposes' of which they were notified by that TM-30, has not changed.  So it is mandatory that a TM-30 was done earlier in order to be able to file a 90-day report.

Archived