San Francisco press loves Terminal 21's San Francisco theme

Jingthing

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

A good news story.

Who knew?

As an ex San Franciscan I must say that  I  very much appreciate this myself at the Pattaya Terminal 21. It really gets into a lot of small details only San Franciscans would notice such as signage of a famous Mission District taqueria.

https://www.sfgate.com/local/article/A-Thailand-mall-two-San-Francisco-themed-floors-15963767.php?IPID=SFGate-HP-Editors-Picks

A Thailand mall has two San Francisco-themed floors and it'

I didn't read the article, heading to the beach, but was instantly reminded of Maya Taqueria... was it Church St., extraordinary.. Also was a huge fan of Picante in Berkeley, which was kind of ruined by a new owner, but it was in the name of healthier cuisine. 

Just an hour ago.. was trying to find a place to eat besides the mobbed food court in HH.. Walked a full kilometer up soi 94..Apparently the trannies rule the massage businesses now, but there wasn't any basic Thai food to be had..One place selling tacos, 2 for 240 THB.. makes me ready for my trip to the US, airlines willing... 

5 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

we do meet- behind the scenes, but i'm not sure pointing out SF is a worse slum than Pattaya is 'right wing'

I went there to get a passport last January 2020. Shocking scenes in broad daylight. Housing and health care needs to be a constitutional mandated right.

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

A good news story.

Who knew?

As an ex San Franciscan I must say that  I  very much appreciate this myself at the Pattaya Terminal 21. It really gets into a lot of small details only San Franciscans would notice such as signage of a famous Mission District taqueria.

https://www.sfgate.com/local/article/A-Thailand-mall-two-San-Francisco-themed-floors-15963767.php?IPID=SFGate-HP-Editors-Picks

A Thailand mall has two San Francisco-themed floors and it's wonderful

The Bay Area was a wonderful place back in the 80s.  Places like Vallejo were the 'bedroom communities" for people working there and traffic didn't start backing up until about San Pablo.  Last time I was there was in the 90s.  Vacaville was the new bedroom community and traffic backups started at the Carquinez Bridge.  By 2000 Sacramento was the bedroom community and traffic probably started in Vacaville. 

I had a great time there.  Love the convenience of BART and loved just "urban hiking" in the East Bay hills and in downtown SF.  Times certainly have changed.  Just like Thailand, it was a place I used to like.  Then it's time to move to better places and reminiscence fondly on the memories. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

I went there to get a passport last January 2020. Shocking scenes in broad daylight. Housing and health care needs to be a constitutional mandated right.

And house them in one of the most expensive markets?  Santa and the Tooth Fairy come to mind. Many of them refuse to stay at the shelters.. Something about rules against drugs and alcohol. 

41 minutes ago, moontang said:

And house them in one of the most expensive markets?  Santa and the Tooth Fairy come to mind. Many of them refuse to stay at the shelters.. Something about rules against drugs and alcohol. 

Don't call me a nazi but we need vagrancy laws. Before that is enforced 

Every person in America should be entitled to a 25m2  climate controlled private room with access to toilet, shower and possibly laundry facilities, before a single penny is again spent on the Military. What they consume is another problem. Plenty of people in nice houses with money drink and use drugs.

Edited by Captain Monday

Perhaps Biden could incorporate the mandate for a 25mx2 room for everyone into one of his future executive orders.   He should provide rooms first of all to the people crossing the southern border.  The small border town mayors are complaining that they can't accommodate the people flowing in.  

20 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Don't call me a nazi but we need vagrancy laws. Before that is enforced 

Every person in America should be entitled to a 25m2  climate controlled private room with access to toilet, shower and possibly laundry facilities, before a single penny is again spent on the Military. What they consume is another problem. Plenty of people in nice houses with money drink and use drugs.

Government housing is one of its biggest failures.  Even they admit it, and prefer to use the voucher based system.  When you reward people for having illegitimate kids and not working, you end up with many doing the same.  SFs most liberal government offers more proof of this, than just about anywhere.  The latest is the horrible public schools aren't even happy with schools named Lincoln and Washington, and lately added Diane Feinstein to the list. 

15 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Even Pattaya is a nicer place to live than SF these days, but then Pattaya is not run by democrats.

15 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Even Pattaya is a nicer place to live than SF these days, but then Pattaya is not run by democrats.

Oh give it a rest....maybe you want Trump to come over and run it into the ground? ????????????

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Jingthing said:

A good news story.

Who knew?

Taqueria Balazo I was shocked to see sign  , use to be my Burrito Shop on Clayton and Haight 

19 hours ago, Jingthing said:

A good news story.

Who knew?

All Term21 have SF floors there are 3 Terminal21 in Thai

19 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

You sound butt hurt , get used to it , Republicans  will have a long wait to get into office again after this last Debacle 

20 hours ago, Jingthing said:

A good news story.

Who knew?

As an ex San Franciscan I must say that  I  very much appreciate this myself at the Pattaya Terminal 21. 

Terminal 21 Pattaya??? 

The article is about Terminal 21 Bangkok, not Pattaya.  

“A lovely — and pretty spot-on — homage to San Francisco is embedded in one of Bangkok's biggest tourist stops...”

19 minutes ago, Nemises said:

Terminal 21 Pattaya??? 

The article is about Terminal 21 Bangkok, not Pattaya.  

“A lovely — and pretty spot-on — homage to San Francisco is embedded in one of Bangkok's biggest tourist stops...”

Same theme in Pattaya.