San Francisco press loves Terminal 21's San Francisco theme

Jingthing

On 2/21/2021 at 5:00 AM, Captain Monday said:

Don't call me a nazi but we need vagrancy laws. Before that is enforced 

Every person in America should be entitled to a 25m2  climate controlled private room with access to toilet, shower and possibly laundry facilities, before a single penny is again spent on the Military. What they consume is another problem. Plenty of people in nice houses with money drink and use drugs.

The last time I was told the rental cost of a 25 square meter room, in San Francisco was back in 1988.  It had a sink in the corner with a communal bathroom and kitchen.  

Cost in 1988 was $600.00.  With inflation, that cost would be more than $1300.00 (most definitely the more aspect)!  

In 2020 it was estimated that there were over 9500 homeless in San Francisco. 

That equates to $12,350,000.00 a month for rent, if it isn't more than $1300.00 a month!  Or, $148,200,000.00 a year! 

And this news headline from the San Francisco Chronicle, from 2019.

"SF's budget to soar to $12.3 billion with focus on homelessness and housing"

Mayor London Breed’s proposed budget for the coming fiscal year will soar by $1.2 billion — making it the largest in city history — and boost investment in tackling the city’s most urgent problems: housing and homelessness.

The mayor’s $12.3 billion budget would be a 10.8% increase from last fiscal year, which came in at $11.1 billion. Much of the extra money, city officials said, came from $142.3 million in excess cash in a county education fund and “better than expected” property-transfer and business taxes.

And vagrancy laws were struck down as being unconstitutional by the U.S. Supreme Court in 1983, if I remember correctly.

Edited by radiochaser

On 2/21/2021 at 2:00 AM, Captain Monday said:

Don't call me a nazi but we need vagrancy laws. Before that is enforced 

Every person in America should be entitled to a 25m2  climate controlled private room with access to toilet, shower and possibly laundry facilities, before a single penny is again spent on the Military. What they consume is another problem. Plenty of people in nice houses with money drink and use drugs.

Sadly there is already a vagrancy law but never enforced due to the politics, personally I have no problem with them spending money on the military since S.F. leaders seem to have plenty of money?  In 2016-2018 in reading the budget for homeless was 225-250 million a year then they hired some person that was supposed to fix the problem for good Feb 2020 the budget had blown to 350 million and last election voted through a special tax measure for the rich to provide even more money.  There seem to be no end in sight.

Clearly not Terminal 21 Mall related, but coincidentally San Francisco literary icon Lawrence Ferlinghetti just died at age 101. So old that I was surprised he was still (recently) alive. Also surprised that his iconic North Beach bookshop City Lights is still open. Definitely used to hang out there mostly to browse and occasionally the great man was in attendance. 

Lawrence Ferlinghetti, literary citadel of San Francisco, dies at 101 - The Washington Post

City Lights Books

Edited by Jingthing

47 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Yeah, great wonderful beautiful city. My original birth area as well, and it is nice to visit Terminal 21 and see what they did representing SF. Not an inch of the city I don't know by heart, and that is no exaggeration. .

Really? Do you know the Bernal Heights street where Santana used to live? I lived there too.

Edited by Jingthing

17 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Really? Do you know the Bernal Heights street where Santana used to live? I lived there too.

One of my friends mom still has a 100 +/- year old house and lives near that area but in Visitacion, so was up there for that reason traversing around. Would use Cortland to cut through from 101 to the Mission or visa versa too many times, or sometimes drive the side road Alemany which goes into the weird area used as a Farmers Market or was something to do with the Muni before. Also had the nice open area there which was fun a few times to go to. Spent a lot of time all over SF, and work back then took me everywhere, and I was also always gigging in different clubs up there as well. So as every side street in Bernal Heights, nope, but that is sort of irrelevant, but yes I know Bernal Heights.

• Like 1

Just now, holy cow cm said:

One of my friends mom still has a 100 +/- year old house and lives near that area but in Visitacion, so was up there for that reason traversing around. Would use Cortland to cut through from 101 to the Mission or visa versa too many times, or sometimes drive the side road Alemany which goes into the weird area used as a Farmers Market or was something to do with the Muni before. Also had the nice open area there which was fun a few times to go to. Spent a lot of time all over SF, and work back then took me everywhere, and I was also always gigging in different clubs up there as well. So as every side street in Bernal Heights, nope, but that is sort of irrelevant, but yes I know Bernal Heights.

BTW. I also once remember seeing Carlos get out of his car over in the Mission area.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Re-read your post back to me and then had to look up where Carlos's street was. Mullen street near Army near 101. Also remember years back down there having the projects on Army. I know exactly where it is and the park near it. 

Cheers.

• Like 1