Lamai restaurants open

So, when I booked a place (for months) at the beach in north Lamai I Googled restaurants and such that were near the place and found a few closed but most showed open.  When I arrived, all of the open ones near me were closed. I'm near Manathai, realize now there is no food Grab (big in Chiang Mai) and the nearest restaurant open is a10 min walk and another 10 min after that to the next one.  Any locals familiar with this area and can recommend where to go?  Did find Benny's Place (20 min walk each way) and was good.  Thanks in advance.

On 2/22/2021 at 10:43 AM, philthebook said:

Samui has 'Food Panda' & 'Hangover Samui' for food deliveries, lots of restaurants open in the centre of Lamai, and a few on the beach, Bamboo Restaurant (on the beach) is very popular. Also a bit closer to your hotel is a place called 'New Hut' which is open and serve good food (on the beach). If you like British food then head to 'Tropical Tonys'. 

New Hut has been my lifeline, yes close, food good, great view!  Found out a resort 3 doors down that looked closed when I got here is actually open.  It is the Spa Resorts- Beach.  More healthy tofu/eggs/chicken Vegan-ish and not that cheap but very fresh and healthy (liver could use a few days off).  Tropical Tony's a bit of a walk but will see if deliver (actually working 16hrs a day right now with heaven just outside my windows). 

Thanks for the recommendations.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2021 at 5:27 PM, steelerian said:

Tony's ribs are the best

Yup, since discovering him, I'm ordering about every other day and have yet to be disappointed on anything.  Close enough that the food is too hot to touch when delivered.  An oasis in a desert.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1