Launch of ‘STOP the SMOKE’ campaign

jko

STOP the SMOKE
https://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/citynow/whats-on/talks-and-conferences/stop-the-smoke/

Shangri-La Hotel, Chiang Mai in partnership with Warm Heart foundation, cordially invites you to the public talk and press-conference of the launch of ‘STOP the SMOKE’ campaign, to enhance the awareness on wild burning-related effects in Northern Thailand.

The event will be held on 25th February 2021 at 5 p.m. in Sukhothai room on level 1.

Kindly send your RSVP to [email protected]

image001-4.jpg

• Like 2

Is this to be countered with continued ‘Can’t be ars$ed to police the roads’ campaign by the BiB ????

---

Is Campaign the new buzzword for Thailands 2021.... ‘crackdown’ is so yesterday !...

... I see ‘hub’ also being switched out for ‘focal point’ in Thailand post Covid 5.0...:neus:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

Don’t open the curtains, don’t go outside,

stay indoors with the air filters on.

and try to convince yourself and others it’s not that bad and you enjoy living there!????????????????????????????????

living the dream 

I have done exactly that, i.e. in the morning I don't open up my curtains in our bedroom which face the open rice fields behind us where all the smoke can be seen. We drive the kids to school and the see the smoke everywhere, we keep the car windows closed and make sure that when the kids arrive at school it's straight to class, no 45 minute wait in assembly for them to breath in the smoke.

The principal did complain and we complained straight back, explaining to her our reason and that if that did not fit with the schools policy then we could remove the kids straight away, no need she said $$$$$$$.

We get home around 9am and it's starting to clear and before you know it we can open up the house, ahhhh....living the dream, well till about 5pm when everybody starts cooking with their black Eucalyptus charcoal which is toxic, then lighting up sugarcane and rice fields, when you really think about it, it's not that bad, you just have to remember to breath less ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, canthai55 said:

Where do you think the air inside the car comes from ? 555

Mostly from our mouths as the HEPA filtration systems takes care of the rest, problem solved.

Time to get with the program as richard_smith237 has kindly shown you.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Where do you think the air inside the car comes from ? 555

Depends on where you set the 'outside/recirculate' control doesn't it? 

AFAIK all cars have one since the 1960's. I've never seen a car without one. 

Most cars are fairly airtight and will literally float for quite a while if windows and vents are closed. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Chiang Mai Citylife's coverage of the Stop the Smoke 2021 conference at the Shangri-La Hotel in Chiang Mai, Thailand on February 25, 2021. Topics covered northern Thailand's smoke pollution problems and encouraged new donors to help the cause. Speakers included Dr. Michael Shafer (Warm Heart) and Jeff Tucker (Pacific Basin Economic Council).

Dr. Michael Shafer's presentation:

CityLife article:

https://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/clg/our-city/city-issues/warm-heart-foundations-simple-solution/

Warm Heart Chiang Mai
https://warmheartstopthesmoke.weebly.com/

Edited by jko
Update

On 2/21/2021 at 10:03 PM, jko said:

‘STOP the SMOKE’ campaign,

On 2/21/2021 at 10:03 PM, jko said:

The event will be held on 25th February 2021 at 5 p.m.

.... Two weeks later EVENT 7th march;

6D40DA96-7759-492E-8737-5B91CF86C47F.jpeg

• Like 1