Last minute 60 days visa extension

I am planning to leave Thailand on March 7th, and I just noticed that my visa extension expired on Feb 19th. I thought I had another week and booked a flight to Samui tomorrow...

I have the 60 days covid visa extension (on a tourist visa initially)
My plan is to go ask for a covid extension at the immigration tomorrow morning, show the Samui hotel reservation as proof of residence and use the appointment paper until I am back from Samui. I don't mind paying overstay fees when leaving on March 7th, but I am worried about travelling nationally on an expired visa extension.

What are the requirements now for covid visa extension? Just pictures and proof of residence?

Where would you be applying for the 60 day covid 19 extension.

If in Bangkok you will need proof of residence there to do the application.

You will need a completed TM7 form, copies of your passport photo page, visa, entry stamp, extension stamp and TM6 departure card. Immigration will give you a affidavit to complete and sign stating the reasons you require the extension.

If you apply today you will be pay for 3 days of overstay at 500 baht per day.

Thank you for your help !

I ended up going to the immigration bureau in Bangkok and asked for a visa extension there. They gave me an appointment a week after, but the appointment is enough to travel in peace.

You were right for domestic flights though, they didn't check the visa, just verified my identity.

Archived