Thailand ranked fifth best in world for cultural heritage influence in 2021

webfact

Has anyone noticed that every town, city, province in Thailand looks EXACTLY the same. 

Probably one of the dullest countries I've ever seen. 

The women are the only thing this place has going for it, and as someone else pointed out is the only culture that is globally renowned. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Suua said:

Has anyone noticed that every town, city, province in Thailand looks EXACTLY the same. 

Probably one of the dullest countries I've ever seen. 

The women are the only thing this place has going for it, and as someone else pointed out is the only culture that is globally renowned. 

Couldn't agree more. Thailand has a great contemporary cultural heritage. The girls, the bars, the daily anarchism, but on the bad side also the Mafia-like leadership and the frequent coups which are also sort of a local culture. What else? The temples? Give me a laugh! Anything else? Hardly, as in Thailand everything old will be removed. Where are the old wooden Bangkok houses? Removed and replaced by shopping malls and sterile cultureless skyscrapers. Rickshaws replaced by Toyota Corolla taxis. In Isaan they still have a very nice music culture, thought.

For cultural heritage go to Israel, let's say to Jerusalem with its 5000 years of history, and home of three world religions. Or to Italy. Rome, the eternal city. The unique Venice. Or go to Turkey, to Istanbul, this fascinating city at the Bosporus. 

Even Vietnam and Myanmar have far more cultural heritage than Thailand, Japan as well. 

This is no Thai bashing, these are simply facts. And, by the way, I like Thailand's contemporary culture of the girls, the daily anarchism and the Northeastern music. I love Thailand, but surely not because of its temples.

Edited by Flying Saucage
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Suua said:

So you don't think telling the truth is a good idea?

I guess you must be thai ????

You must be a riot at weddings, " hey congratulations on your wedding buddy, but you know you are fat and your wife is ugly. try not to have any children, if you know what I mean"  ????

Me, if I said the unvarnished  truth in my posts I would probably suspended for life from this forum LOL 

Anyway, who died and made you mayor of the truth? I thought that was my job. 

22 hours ago, sirineou said:

All right , there were other countries involved also.

"When it comes to cultural heritage influence, Italy took the prestigious number one spot, according to the CEOWORLD magazine 2021 report, while Greece and Spain placed second and third, respectively. The 2021 rankings placed India in fourth ahead of Thailand; while Portugal ranked sixth, and Japan seventh. "

https://ceoworld.biz/2021/01/31/best-countries-for-cultural-heritage-influence-2021/#:~:text=When it comes to cultural,ranked sixth%2C and Japan seventh.

We are still waiting for the US to cross the finish line ????

• Haha 1