Trump seeks return to spotlight with address to conservative meeting

webfact

On 2/22/2021 at 1:29 PM, donnacha said:

Maybe. We don't really know what the effects will be two years and four years down the road.

We can probably agree that the impeachment, being clearly politically-driven, forced the Republicans into defending Trump, whereas pretty much every one of them would have voted for a censure. That actually would have ended Trump politically.

So, the dems have more-or-less guaranteed that Trump remains in control of the party. That might be what they were aiming for but, as I say, they are playing a dangerous game, especially if the economic recovery does not go well, and if they cannot find a vaguely likable candidate for 2024 (they do actually have some great people).

I think you are correct that  the dems are believing trump would be the best chance of retaining the WH 2024.

A lot can happen in four years from now. I just don't see how the numbers support a split Republican Party winning in 2024. I do think that midterms normally will ensure the support of the party not currently occupying the WH. I recall that having support of President Trump was more or less a setup to eventual most all Republicans losing whom he supported.

My one question is will he choose Lindell or Green or maybe Flynn? 

Edited by earlinclaifornia
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Biden, from my memory never started wearing a mask until May!!

Not very bright for a man nearly 80.

You have a bad memory. Or only watch fox news.

Why bash someone like that? Beyond ridiculous. Do some research before posting. You won't look silly.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

From what we have seen so far from Biden I wouldn't be surprised if the Republicans made some gains in the mid-terms, Trump or no Trump.

Guaranteed.  Right now Biden is the Republican party's best friend.

Edited by Kelsall
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, donnacha said:

He won't get to be kingmaker. Part of the understanding Trump will have to reach with the party, for partial rehabilitation and so that his media network won't be entirely isolated, is that their next presidential candidate will be someone identified as having broken with Trump on principle. Pence. Probably with Nikki Haley for vice.

He needs rehabilitation from the party? Republicans are censuring those who criticize him or voted for his impeachment or conviction? It's political suicide for a Republican to criticize Trump. And you think Trump is actually capable of tolerating as a candidate for anything any political figure who remains critical of Trump? Mike Pence, the guy who Trump and his supporters blame for the fact that he (Trump) is not now enjoying a 2nd term? What in Trump's record up to now indicates that he is capable of such reasonable behavior? 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, placeholder said:

He needs rehabilitation from the party? Republicans are censuring those who criticize him or voted for his impeachment or conviction? It's political suicide for a Republican to criticize Trump. And you think Trump is actually capable of tolerating as a candidate for anything any political figure who remains critical of Trump? Mike Pence, the guy who Trump and his supporters blame for the fact that he (Trump) is not now enjoying a 2nd term? What in Trump's record up to now indicates that he is capable of such reasonable behavior? 

I don't know what Trump wants to do or will do. Doubt he knows it himself, until it happens. But I can see the point to having Pence as the candidate - would be fun criticizing him, belittling him, reminding the cohorts he could do it better if he chose to, and so on. Then the extra bonus when Pence either smiles and says it's raining, or goes "Thank you, Sir! May I have another?!".

3 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

It was early April, not May as you claim above, and Biden's announcement came shortly after the U.S. CDC came out with its public mask wearing guidance.

In other words, Biden did exactly what Trump never did -- listened to and followed the advice of the experts.

Apr 5, 2020,11:07am EDT|50,414 views

Joe Biden Says He’s Going To Start Wearing A Mask In Public...

• During the ABC interview Sunday, Biden also said that he would heed new C.D.C. guidelines and wear a mask in public to help protect himself from contracting the virus.

• President Trump indicated Friday that he will not follow the voluntary guidelines on face masks telling reporters Friday, “This is voluntary, I don’t think I’m going to be doing it.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackbrewster/2020/04/05/joe-biden-says-hes-going-to-start---wearing--a--mask-in-public-and-that--2020-convention-may-need-to-be-virtual-in-latest-sign-virus-is-upending-election/?sh=177cb94943de

He may have said that but certainly never did it unless you can show me a dated photo, I don't believe it. He says one thing but does another, no integrity at all. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

He may have said that but certainly never did it unless you can show me a dated photo, I don't believe it. He says one thing but does another, no integrity at all. 

Certainly how? You raised a dubious claim, can't seem to support it by anything much, and yet keep asking for "proof" from others. But do go on about 'integrity'....

• Like 1

Just now, Neeranam said:

Have you forgotten the post I was replying to which was saying nasty things about Trump?

I never watch any US news channels.

I've already blocked 5 here for their constant insults against Trump and calling me a Trump supporter. I had hoped I would have to add any more for their criticism of my posts and personal insults. 

You claim to 'never watch any US news channels'. And yet you also claim 'fake news' from CNN. Got to love the consistency. Not a Trump supporter? Hard to see your numerous posts defending him (on this topic and past ones) as anything but. Toss is the rhetoric directed at Biden, the Democratic Party, or posters not seeing things your way, and the picture is even clearer.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, billd766 said:

And when did Trump start wearing one full time?

Not very bright for the supposed leader of the free world.

It was after Biden for sure. Strange how some here immediately put the focus on Trump when their man is criticized. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Biden first wore a mask(just for the camera) on May 25th, memorial day. 

Really? How do you know that was the first time he wore a mask? Were you visiting the Bidens at home before then?

Joe Biden makes first public appearance in two months, wearing mask to lay wreath for Memorial Day

"Former US Vice-President Joe Biden has made his first public appearance in more than two months.

Since abruptly cancelling a March 10 rally in Cleveland at the onset of the coronavirus pandemic, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee has waged much of his campaign from his home.

On Monday, Mr Biden marked Memorial Day by laying a wreath in Delaware."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-05-26/joe-biden-first-public-appearance-in-two-months/12285690

And you know he was wearing that mask just for the camera because it's not like the CDC was recommending the practice, right? So there would be no valid public health reason motivating him?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

It was after Biden for sure. Strange how some here immediately put the focus on Trump when their man is criticized. 

Strange how on a some posters here focus on made up stuff about Biden, while on a Trump topic.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

One thing integrity should mean is not making accusations without proof to back them up. Of course, in this case, since Biden made no public appearances from early March of 2020 until May 25, your assertion is just ridiculous. I'm guessing that this nonsense you're sharing with us comes from some particularly recherché right wing web source. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

One thing integrity should mean is not making accusations without proof to back them up. Of course, in this case, since Biden made no public appearances from early March of 2020 until May 25, your assertion is just ridiculous. I'm guessing that this nonsense you're sharing with us comes from some particularly recherché right wing web source. 

Something like this?

Widely shared photo of Biden without mask was taken in 2019

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-without-mask-taken-in-2019-b68fcc7c8979bbd2011e52d52e6af37d

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Have you forgotten the post I was replying to which was saying nasty things about Trump?

I never watch any US news channels.

No need for the personal insults.

Biden first wore a mask(just for the camera) on May 25th, memorial day. 

Brilliant! ????????????????????

"Former Vice President Joe Biden, the apparent Democratic nominee for president, made his first public appearance in two months over the Memorial Day weekend"

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/trump-vs-biden-coronavirus-mask-photo-may-be-2020-s-ncna1217646

8 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Biden holed up in his basement for 2 months. As recommended by the experts. You must have forgotten that. Amazing as Trump mentioned this almost daily while out and about ignoring all safety recommendations. And putting others at risk. Jeez. Selective memory.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Biden holed up in his basement for 2 months. As recommended by the experts. You must have forgotten that. Amazing as Trump mentioned this almost daily while out and about ignoring all safety recommendations. And putting others at risk. Jeez. Selective memory.

Welcome to my anti-Trump supremacist ignore list-  holy moly these threads are full of those antagonistic towards anyone who does not hate Tump. You can discuss among yourselves and justify your hatred by hearing similar narrow-minded views.