Thailand pushes cannabis as next cash crop

webfact

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand pushes cannabis as next cash crop

static.reuters1.jpg

REUTERS FILE PHOTO for reference only

BANGKOK, Feb 21 (Reuters) - Thailand is promoting cannabis as a cash crop for the country’s farmers as another source of income, a senior official said on Sunday.

“Everybody has the right to grow marijuana by partnering up with provincial hospitals for medical use,” deputy government spokeswoman Traisulee Traisoranakul said, adding that those interested would have to also seek approval from authorities.

“So far, 2,500 households and 251 provincial hospitals have grown 15,000 cannabis plants,” she said. “We hope that cannabis and hemp will be a primary cash crop for farmers.”

Others that can seek licenses to grow cannabis include universities, community enterprises, medical professionals and traditional medicine professionals.

The announcement comes after Thailand last year removed certain cannabis and hemp parts of from its narcotics list.

Cannabis can also be used in food and beverages at restaurants, as long as it came from an approved producer, Traisulee said, adding that the Medical Marijuana Institute will hold information sessions for investors and the public this month.

The state drugmaker, the Government Pharmaceutical Organization, said it would buy cannabis from approved community enterprises for up to 45,000 baht ($1,500) per kilogram, for those containing 12% cannabidiol (CBD).

($1 = 29.9600 baht)

(Reporting by Chayut Setboonsarng and Panarat Thepgumpanat. Editing by Gerry Doyle)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2021-02-22

The HEADline. "Thailand ""Pushes"" Cannabis"

7 hours ago, ChipButty said:

How about putting it on pizza's like they do in Cambodia? it can be a Happy Pizza

There's a pizza place in Chaam run by an Italian guy. It's called Happy Pizza. 

Pretty good Italian food as well. 

• Like 1

Marijuana is legal back in Oregon.   All drugs have been decriminalized there.   Unless somebody has intent to distribute,   Only big Pharma corporate interests are allowed to do that.

Edited by samuttodd
  • Like 1

Until they make it legal with THC included allowing you to get completely  stoned than these articles are nothing to get excited about.

What use is it using stems in food <deleted>. I guess there’s always the CBD oil market which is also nonsense but makes money.

I don’t like the stuff personally. Over-the -counter Oxy with a box of beer would be the dream..

11 hours ago, samuttodd said:

Marijuana is legal back in Oregon. 

It's legal in many, many, many states. The revenue it generates, less so.

Categories: Fully legal, medical only, decriminalized. 

If/when the Cannabis Banking Act passes then that will probably break the dam. 

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/1595/text

But obviously legal, recreational use will never happen here in Thailand. Might happen in Singapore before here (also never).

There are many things that are illegal in thailand that happen all of the time.  Prostitution, Gambling, 

Drinking and driving, unlicensed driving...

Before recreational was legal back in Oregon,  there were many doctors that would sign off on Medical use cards by simply conducting a 15 minute "examination" of the patient.    After that,  they were issued medical marijuana use certifications.  Weed cards.

I wouldn't be surprised if that were to happen here.

It allowed for legitimately sick individuals to obtain weed,  and some that may not have been legitimately sick, but were willing to play ball as far as the statutes.

Edited by samuttodd

18 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Terrible idea.  It rots the brain.

Hope none of you who support it ever get crashed into by one of these buzzed drivers.

Big problem in some of the western states that have legalized it.

Research says it slows drivers down , where you get your research ???

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

It's legal in many, many, many states. The revenue it generates, less so.

Categories: Fully legal, medical only, decriminalized. 

If/when the Cannabis Banking Act passes then that will probably break the dam. 

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/1595/text

But obviously legal, recreational use will never happen here in Thailand. Might happen in Singapore before here (also never).

Apparently the FDA here in Thailand is pushing for Cannabis to be put on the Essential Medicines list.So now instead of saying it's bad they are now saying it's essential so that's a big back flip with double pike and a twist thrown in for good measure.So if it's going to be an essential medicine then using it recreationally won't seem so bad and put people in gaol for it might seem a tad silly.Though being silly isn't exactly out of place here.

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

The Doctor In Hua Hin hospital gave my a product named ¨DTAM GANJA OIL¨ (for insomnia and anxiety), he said two drops at bed time, but I did not feel anything at all (maybe a bit relax, but I still not sleeping well).  The price was 350 baht, the doctor consulting and the drops, very cheap (I will attach a photo of the product). Unfortunately I have to start taking again the diazepines tablets because cannot sleep with these drops.

But The problem of this product (DTAM GANJA OIL) it is that no one knows the formula (or composition). I´ve tried to find on internet and it is not clear how much THC? How much CBD? etc etc... I also tried before another products I bought on websites in Thailand, but these kind of products are much more expensive (around 1800 baht up) and you need to take more drops. To be honest I am very confuse with the amount of drops I have to take, and I think the doctor is confuse as well, possible because this is a ¨new¨ medicine in the hospitals. If someone has experience taking this drops for sleep or anxiety please let me know how you do? how many drops? etc...

Krub!

DTAM.thumb.jpg.412532a5d9a5a63c56c21087a8b12b51.jpg

Edited by R0bertinski
  • Like 1

On 5/22/2021 at 9:52 PM, R0bertinski said:

The Doctor In Hua Hin hospital gave my a product named ¨DTAM GANJA OIL¨ (for insomnia and anxiety), he said two drops at bed time, but I did not feel anything at all (maybe a bit relax, but I still not sleeping well).  The price was 350 baht, the doctor consulting and the drops, very cheap (I will attach a photo of the product). Unfortunately I have to start taking again the diazepines tablets because cannot sleep with these drops.

But The problem of this product (DTAM GANJA OIL) it is that no one knows the formula (or composition). I´ve tried to find on internet and it is not clear how much THC? How much CBD? etc etc... I also tried before another products I bought on websites in Thailand, but these kind of products are much more expensive (around 1800 baht up) and you need to take more drops. To be honest I am very confuse with the amount of drops I have to take, and I think the doctor is confuse as well, possible because this is a ¨new¨ medicine in the hospitals. If someone has experience taking this drops for sleep or anxiety please let me know how you do? how many drops? etc...

Krub!

DTAM.thumb.jpg.412532a5d9a5a63c56c21087a8b12b51.jpg

it seems famous

https://www.medcannabis.go.th/blog/น้ำมันกัญชา (ตำรับหมอเดชา)

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/08/27/thailands-authentic-marijuana-oil-to-be-introduced-in-national-list-of-essential-medicines/

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/22/2021 at 1:08 AM, ChaiyaTH said:

Actually it is hemp that would be the next cash crop if Thailand had the brains. The cannabis earnings will only be minor and replace pharma revenue.

Actually cannabis is the genus name, and hemp is cannabis. They are not separate plants but rather different varieties of the same plant. Hemp is cannabis sativa, and so was the product famously known as Thai Stick.

Edited by PadPrikKhing
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...