How is an asupicious time/date calculated?

14 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

sort of a placebo for the soul, as I always thought...

if you go to the monk for your auspicious day to buy a car, then you have done your part, the responsibility of an accident or whatever is out of your hands... 

I see many parts of the culture that are designed to make people feel good.. 

'the responsibility of an accident or whatever is out of your hands'

I see we can blame the high rate of traffic accidents and deaths in Thailand to buddhism  then - 'it was my fate.'

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I believe they contact T.A.T. and ask them to pull some numbers out of the hat ! 🤣🤣🤣

I think most of it has to do with Moon phases.  On this day, Feb.22, 2021,  the Moon will be in a Waxing Gibbous phase. This phase is when the moon is more than 50% illuminated but not yet a Full Moon

My suggestion, don't even try to understand, it's a cultural thing way beyond the farang comprehension! 

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

'the responsibility of an accident or whatever is out of your hands'

I see we can blame the high rate of traffic accidents and deaths in Thailand to buddhism  then - 'it was my fate.'

well, no, I would not extrapolate it out to blame on Buddhism...

they daydream a lot... I often wonder where they go... you see it when they walk around or just stand in the middle of a supermarket aisle... w/cart so nobody can pass... I see people get off escalators and look around, unsure where they are as if they have just woken up... they go someplace. I don't know where but it seems pleasantly detached, I want to go there too. Except not in my car. 

4 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

well, no, I would not extrapolate it out to blame on Buddhism...

they daydream a lot... I often wonder where they go... you see it when they walk around or just stand in the middle of a supermarket aisle... w/cart so nobody can pass... I see people get off escalators and look around, unsure where they are as if they have just woken up... they go someplace. I don't know where but it seems pleasantly detached, I want to go there too. Except not in my car. 

Well I don't know.

What about the amulets that will save the owner's life if involved in an accident?

That must surely bear responsibility for not concentrating fully on driving because they think they're invincible.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

Well I don't know.

What about the amulets that will save the owner's life if involved in an accident?

That must surely bear responsibility for not concentrating fully on driving because they think they're invincible.

if you are set and determined to find something negative, then you surely can... 

I would guess they find some comfort in the amulets but understand that if they drive while drunk they may have problems.. I think they know nobody lives forever...

wasn't there an incident w/2 guys shooting each other in Udon? was it... to decide whose amulets were stronger? People believe all sorts of things..