Foreigners should be FORCED to have a Covid-19 vaccination - and they should pay for it, Thai poll

webfact

10 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Wow, the natives are restless. 

Pitchfork and torch time.

I will gladly pay for my vaccination.

But not for the chinese sinovac vsccine, ehy should we pay for sometjing that only works hslfbof the time ? Then if it dont work need to pay the secocd time 555 no way rosay! I'll wait for a different one that works

3 hours ago, ChrisKC said:

I think you are right, but all foreigners have been lumped together. But it might be insensitive to ask a question of this nature that separates Burmese from others. Thais don't like the Burmese much and it would show!

Yes and no. While I don't want to exaggerate things, it's well known there is no love lost for Burmese among many Thais, although Burmese aren't despised either...just kind of looked down upon. 

10 hours ago, Mavideol said:

why would somebody waste of money and time reporting such BS.... how can a poll using 1,318 people be reliable/credible

according to polling science,  if you believe there is such a thing, that number is legitimate. Five minutes of research would show that the range necessary to achieve accuracy within a larger general population is 1072 minimum (if I remember correctly).

16 minutes ago, Shalom said:

Why? People are so uninformed. Just because you get the vaccine. You still spread the virus. 

Shalom, "It takes a certain kind of pessimissism to say vaccination does not slow spread"-  attributed to Dr. Monica Gandhi

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-02-21/pfizer-biontech-shot-stops-covid-s-spread-israeli-study-shows

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

haha, who ever said anything here about 'democracy'.  People keep rabbiting on this post about his idea being 'undemocratic'.  if you are looking for democracy, you are in the wrong country. 

You're also in the wrong country because contrary to what you may think, there is more democracy here than what many trolls claim, and less in the west than you might think.

In so-called "democratic" Germany, France and Italy, mandatory vaccines AND mandatory school are legal requirements. Did anyone in government ask the people whether they agree with this? No. 

In Thailand, if the worst came to the worst you just pay the relevant people off. Simple. Use corruption to your advantage. 

Edited by TheFreqFlyer
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, CNX GUY said:

according to polling science,  if you believe there is such a thing, that number is legitimate. Five minutes of research would show that the range necessary to achieve accuracy within a larger general population is 1072 minimum (if I remember correctly).

Polling Science ?.  I would have lost money on that one ..

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Foreigners should be FORCED to have a Covid-19 vaccination - and they should pay for it

I have no doubt that all long-stay expats will be required to have a Covid vaccination as a condition for extension starting in 2022.
As far a being forced to pay for it?  Most government understand that they have accepted that Covid is a "Pandemic" and as such vaccinating the entire population of the country is a matter of public health.  It's already been stated that vaccines will be given to long-state expats along with Thai nationals and migrants and I doubt that will change.  I expect many expats will choose to go to a private hospital and pay for the vaccine they are the most comfortable having injected into their bodies.  Being forced to pay?  Maybe, but probably not.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

While nearly 40% of respondents think foreigners should pay for the vaccine themselves with nearly a third suggesting only taxpayers should get it for free. 

The irony is that the average foreigner pays far more tax per year than the average Thai. They really have no clue 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

The irony is that the average foreigner pays far more tax per year than the average Thai. They really have no clue 

The irony is that the average foreigner pays more tax , 

than the average Thai earns  in a year ..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

First of all a poll where less than 2000 people in a country with more than 67 million inhabitant should not be published as it is more than an unsafe answer. Secondly it should not mention that those who not pay tax should not have the vaccin as it is their right to not pay tax as they have a low income. Third, all have to understand that a pandemic is global and that none goes safe as long as not all get the right treatment. This article is a part of the political right wing and should be treated as that.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Did not dream of a different outcome in LOS. In the meantime happy that my that wife and her 4 Thai children here in Europe have not only a free choice to take the (of course) free jab when they will call them, but also totally free social security and a pension for one of the handicapped child for life, including medicines. Schooling also free ofcourse plus children support for 5 (one is double) which is deducted from my overall tax bill once a year. And no need to ever go for police reporting unless we have changed our home address. ID is permanent and valid for 10 years when it need to be changed with the passport as only required document.!!!!!!!!! More or less the same as in LOS. lol.

• Haha 1

No problem, where are the shots? More than happy to get vaccinated with whatever is handy. If something better comes along later I will get that too. I just don't understand all of the complaining. If you feel put upon, go home to the hyper-infected place you came from.

• Like 1