Foreigners should be FORCED to have a Covid-19 vaccination - and they should pay for it, Thai poll

webfact

Beggars can't be choosers, so when paying I can choose which one of the vaccinations is best to confront my immune system with or decide not to get vaccinated because I might already have had the virus for I possibly have antibodies. Everybody knows that getting Dengue a second time is worse than the first time. Who can tell that you are not being primed for a bad autoimmune response when getting the shot after already having been naturally primed as 85% do not experience any symptoms or very mild ones when infected with the natural virus. Ever heard of deadly zytokin reaction?

????  where is witten ??? A Nida poll conducted last week in Thailand revealed that nearly half of Thais think that foreigners should be forced to have a Covid-19 vaccination.

image.png.8af772c67e32e27e3478c33624b04d52.png

On February 21, the "Nida Poll" polling center, National Institute of Development Administration (NIDA) revealed the results of a public survey on "Who is the first to be vaccinated against COVID-19?" The sample group of 1,318 people found that 56.9% said provinces that should be vaccinated as the first target group were those with a severe outbreak, 16.77% said that all provinces started at the same time, 10.70% indicated that the provinces that were tourism destinations that Importantly, 10.39% said all border provinces and 5.24% indicated provinces with high industrial investment. As for the age group that should be the first target for vaccination, 38.01%indicated that working age 20-59 years, 37.10% indicated that the elderly group (60 years and over), 15.10% indicated that all age groups started at the same time and 9.79% said that children and youth under the age of 20 when asked about the occupational groups that should be vaccinated. Being the first target group, 40.48% identified medical personnel, public health 14.41%, general contractors / workers 8.87%, 7.59% of all types of tourism professionals, starting all occupational groups at the same time 5.29%, professional groups. All types of travel and transportation 4.93% Student / Student group 4.85% Business owner / Self-employed 4.38% Government officer / Employee / State enterprise employee 3.82% Private company employee 3.49% Butler group / Maid / Retirement / Unemployed 1.41% Farmers group Fisheries and 0.48% political groups

regards !!!!

12 hours ago, webfact said:

Foreigners should be FORCED to have a Covid-19 vaccination - and they should pay for it, Thai poll

1pm.jpg

Image: Daily News

A Nida poll conducted last week in Thailand revealed that nearly half of Thais think that foreigners should be forced to have a Covid-19 vaccination. 

Less than a third thought foreigners should have any choice in the matter.

While nearly 40% of respondents think foreigners should pay for the vaccine themselves with nearly a third suggesting only taxpayers should get it for free. 

Meanwhile retirees are way down the list of folk on the vaccination pecking order.....under even students, according to the poll.

And less than 10% thought it was worth vaccinating people in the tourism industry first. 

The Nida poll was entitled "Who should get a Covid-19 jab first?" and was split into several categories, like where, who, jobs and foreigners.

There were 1,318 respondents from February 15th to 17th.

44.54% thought that all foreigners should be forced to get a jab.

28.22% thought it was up to them

26.25% thought foreigners who represented a high risk should be forced to get vaccinated

The rest didnt know, didn't answer or were not interested - just 0.99%.

So who should pay for foreigners to get vaccinated?

38.92% thought foreigners should pay themselves

31.72% thought those legally paying tax in Thailand should get it for free

25.72% said everyone should get it for free irrespective of race

0.68% thought the state should go halves with foreigners

2.96% were in the don't know group

Asked what places should be targeted FIRST for vaccination the results were as follows:

56.9% provinces hit hard in the second wave

16.77% equal weight given to everywhere

10.70% tourism provinces

10.39% border provinces

5.24% provinces with high level of industry

Asked what jobs, professions or special groups should be targeted first 40.48% thought that should be workers in the medical fields. 

14.41% thought general workers and those doing physical work

8.87% said those in the tourism sector

7.57% said equal weight should be given to all. 

Among the others students rated 4.93% and homeworkers, retirees and the unemployed were near the bottom of the pile on just 3.49%.

Politicians were reserved for last place - just 0.48% thought they should get preferential treatment. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-02-22

And what about the Thai's? Should they be forced or not? This poll would be more interesting if it is for Thai's as well.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Wow, the natives are restless. 

Pitchfork and torch time.

I will gladly pay for my vaccination.

Bad luck those hard nose Thais aren’t in Australia cuz Aust Govt giving any one living in Australia including visa holders free vaccines,so be it

So, foreigners living in Thailand for many years and paying income tax over the money they bring in should pay for the vaccination, while Thai who have never paid taxes on income get it free.

Oh, I get it, the foreigners should pay all.

• Sad 1

Here we go with "foreigners" again. Logically people that normally live in Thailand and were here before the outbreak began in 2019 and have not left  and returned should really be in the same boat as any Somchai that has not crossed the border. Foreigners from close and neighbouring countries entering Thailand should be subject to the quarantine rules, as should nationals.

I do not need to be frog marched to a clinic, I can't wait to get the jab and will be happy to pay a fair price too.

Whoever designed this survey was looking for a controversial answer. 

Shame on You. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, webfact said:

1pm.jpg

Image: Daily News

A Nida poll conducted last week in Thailand revealed that nearly half of Thais think that foreigners should be forced to have a Covid-19 vaccination. 

While nearly 40% of respondents think foreigners should pay for the vaccine themselves with nearly a third suggesting only taxpayers should get it for free. 

Meanwhile retirees are way down the list of folk on the vaccination pecking order.....under even students, according to the poll.

And less than 10% thought it was worth vaccinating people in the tourism industry first. 

The Nida poll was entitled "Who should get a Covid-19 jab first?" and was split into several categories, like where, who, jobs and foreigners.

There were 1,318 respondents from February 15th to 17th.

44.54% thought that all foreigners should be forced to get a jab.

28.22% thought it was up to them

26.25% thought foreigners who represented a high risk should be forced to get vaccinated

The rest didnt know, didn't answer or were not interested - just 0.99%.

So who should pay for foreigners to get vaccinated?

38.92% thought foreigners should pay themselves

31.72% thought those legally paying tax in Thailand should get it for free

25.72% said everyone should get it for free irrespective of race

0.68% thought the state should go halves with foreigners

2.96% were in the don't know group

Asked what places should be targeted FIRST for vaccination the results were as follows:

56.9% provinces hit hard in the second wave

16.77% equal weight given to everywhere

10.70% tourism provinces

10.39% border provinces

5.24% provinces with high level of industry

Asked what jobs, professions or special groups should be targeted first 40.48% thought that should be workers in the medical fields. 

14.41% thought general workers and those doing physical work

8.87% said those in the tourism sector

7.57% said equal weight should be given to all. 

Among the others students rated 4.93% and homeworkers, retirees and the unemployed were near the bottom of the pile on just 3.49%.

Politicians were reserved for last place - just 0.48% thought they should get preferential treatment. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-02-22

Does the opinion of the mob play a role in Thailand as to who is vaccinated when and for how much money?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hoppyone said:

Bad luck those hard nose Thais aren’t in Australia cuz Aust Govt giving any one living in Australia including visa holders free vaccines,so be it

Please don't forget that tax payers paid for the development of the vaccines. 

2. My wife, and son have Thai passports and all 3 of us get vaccinated free in NZ.

Same as the thousands of Thais working here on special visas and work permits get free vaccinations, including other foreign workers ect. Including all the Aussies, cuz

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I sometimes wonder if these polls are conducted and reported just to inflame foreigners and keep message-boards ticking over.

Any poll can reflect what you want it to, it depends on how the question is phrased and also the options given for the answers.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Can we also have our choice to drive our cars completely <deleted>faced without a safety belt? Taking that choice away was nothing short of undemocratic. I mean, take a chill pill, I acknowledge the fact that driving drunk is dangerous, but do believe in being able to make my own decision, regardless of what the mainstream populace is doing. 

You are combining two completely different issues trying to make your point. Driving drunk puts other incent people at risk but has nothing to do with not wearing a seatbelt, which only puts the decision maker at higher risk.

Not getting a vaccine puts the decision maker at higher risk along with others who make the same decision. There is an argument that they also put those who can not take vaccines at higher risk or that they will strain public services, but equating them to drunk drivers is a silly argument that will only work on people with no critical thinking skills.

Above only applies if the vaccine is effective. I have my doubts that it is any more than a bandaid to placate the public. Throw in the lack of large scale peer reviewed testing and no testing on long term side effects and any thoughtful person has good reason to be wary. 

Governments and "the experts" have changed their recommendations repeatedly during this mess. Maybe this time they got it right but I am in no hurry to be their lab rat.

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Using the word "foreigners" is confusing the issue.

Do they mean tourist coming in on holiday.

Do they mean business people coming in.

Do they mean foreigners working or residing in Thailand?

If you don't define the type of foreigner you will get a blanket answer.

3 hours ago, skorp13 said:

They have such a way of making foreigners feel so welcome don't they. ????

As foreigners, do they mean all the exploited Myanmar workers pay???, this would mean Captain Fishead would have to pay for all the workers he and his mates smuggled across the border ? that would be getting off the hook light considering the cost of damages they caused Thailand. 

Then all the myamese workers across Thailand would have to cough up, as it is very obvious that slaves are never treated well. 

I'm sure their employers will loan them the money, triple the cost and a good weekly interest rate for repayment, then they could extend that generous loan and include the wife and kids. 

All the other filthy foreigners including teachers who schools depend on can also pay up. 

Then the government can demand that all those filthy foreigners have to carry a vaccine certicate issued by the government at a small fee of 5000 Bhat. 

Any foreign workers caught working on fishing boats will be immediately be put in quarantine camps and fined. 

Their employers will then be required to loan them the money for their fines, vaccination and Govt certificate. 

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, webfact said:

This is how stupid these people are. They know nothing about taxes.  Foreigners pay taxes too and they pay more. Thaivisa should mention they should have did their homework before voting on what foreigners should and should do. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, wasabi said:

I will gladly pay for a quality vaccine but I will accept being forced to have an inferior vaccine just as soon as Mexico pays for The Wall.

I wouldn’t worry too much about quality, the private hospital we use, which is Internationally accredited and where we, including our young daughter have received our vaccines over the years have advised that  they will be supplying the Covid vaccine when available.

Everything they use and provide including drugs is top quality and and I cannot see that changing with this vaccine.

I have never received anything free since living here, but not having a welfare state mentality that is not an issue.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, webfact said:

Remain classy as always Thais ????

Edited by meechai

Foreigners should be FORCED to have a Covid-19 vaccination - and they should pay for it, Thai poll and if my grandmother had the wheels she would be a trolley.
I pay taxes, work permit, visa, salary to 4 Thais and all the rest and I have to pay for a compulsory vaccine???

Edited by farangroby