Foreigners should be FORCED to have a Covid-19 vaccination - and they should pay for it, Thai poll

webfact

23 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Wow, the natives are restless. 

Pitchfork and torch time.

I will gladly pay for my vaccination.

Malaysia will be providing Covid-19 vaccinations to foreigners that reside in their country for free. We can all supply our own list of adjectives of what we think of how we are thought of and treated here in Thailand.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/2/11/malaysia-to-extend-covid-vaccination-to-all-foreigners-in-country

Screenshot_2021-02-23-09-03-22-01.jpg

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Forced by way of immigration and extension renewal.  I doubt they would march us to the clinic in handcuffs. 

Nothing that the unelected "PM" and his soldiers do while trying to run the country would surprise me.

• Like 2

Like most surveys, a complete waste of time. Especially so, given the number of people surveyed.

As individuals, the people that were surveyed are quite entitled to have an opinion. But that's all it is, an opinion. 

I believe that the vast majority of expats living in Thailand would be happy to be at the front of the queue to be vaccinated regardless of who is paying for it.

To my mind, vaccination is the only way forward. 

Lets stop talking, and get on with it. ASAP.

• Like 2

I understood that being vaccinated doesn't stop you getting infected with Covid, or passing on the infection.  The vaccination just dramatically reduces your chances of getting adverse reactions to Covid and requiring hospital treatment (or dying).  It's very altruistic for Thais to want to protect foreigners!

23 hours ago, BadSpottedDog said:

And what happens to people like my daughter, that have serious adverse reactions to vaccines? She cannot have them, but she's lived in Thailand for 5 years now. She has nothing left in our home country, her home is here.
Do they even realize there are a lot of people with this problem?

That's why it's important for those that can take the vacine to take it in order to protect people like your daughter. Herd immunity only comes when 70-90% of the population are inoculated, therefore protecting those that cannot be vaccinated.
Your daughter will not be forced to take a vacine she has adverse reactions to. As long as you can prove this.

22 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I will gladly pay the Thai price not a farang price 

And therein is the reason they want us to have it.

The vaccine costs anything from 150 to 1000 baht depending on who you believe.

Bit like the covid tests, 3500 baht at private hospitals -- so how much for a vaccine ??!!?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Stocky said:

Fine with me, if only the government would allow private hospitals to source vaccines themselves.

As long as they charge for a normal profit and not use the pandemic as an excuse to bump their profits up. This pandemic has affected peoples lives and livelihood throughout the world, and none of there rich capitalists should be taking advantage of it.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Misleading heading. Most Thais think all foreigners shouldn't get a jab and a minority of Thais think they should pay. 

As a Thai, I think all foreigners entering the country should be vaccinated but not those living here. 

I think they should pay themselves. Those working will have health insurance. Those not working can afford it. 

"Those not working can afford it."  As long as there is no bumping up 4000-5000 Baht profit margins. 

• Like 1

Hardly relevant figure of 1,318. Based on what did 45% say "forced vaccination" and another 26% believe foreigners represent a "high risk". 

This farang bashing results in 71% - yet, as said an irrelevant sample. This bashing is rooted in the government's lack of self-confidence and inability to run anything, apart from buying submarines etc.

Only once the last dirty farang have left the country for good, the super race Khon Thai will realize, that their real enemy is their own folk of uniformed corrupt pr1cks. Do never forget, all dirty farang already packed their stuff once and moved to Thailand and they can move anytime again. 

as said by many complete waist of time, and the wording of the questions tells a lot, could call it proper gander type questions, in other words someone trying to stir up trouble, bet they were not expecting the politicians to end up last instead of first

23 hours ago, donnacha said:

No one will be forced to take (and pay for) the vaccine, but they won't be allowed to stay. Not in Thailand, not in any country other than their home country.

This could get complicated when the airlines make proof-of-vaccination mandatory for all passengers. For those determined not to get vaccinated, and who must leave their expat home, there may not be much of a window during which they will be able to fly back to their home country. 

What I suspect will happen is that the overwhelming majority of people currently saying they will "never" get vaccinated will, in fact, quietly go and vaccinated once it becomes clear how limited their life will be without one.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying this is a good thing, but it makes sense to be realistic about how travel and expat life will be affected once the vaccine become generally available.

Airlines are going to compromise and or ruin their business  for the sake of big pharma. One airline mentioned that nonsense and had no support form any other carriers in that industry. The vaccine nonsense simply isn't as successful as they imagined it would be.

• Haha 1

On 2/22/2021 at 10:01 AM, mtls2005 said:

Wow, the natives are restless. 

Pitchfork and torch time.

I will gladly pay for my vaccination.

I'm happy to pay for mine too because I don't want to catch Covid-19 from the filthy animal "not a foreigner" dogs ????

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Why shouldn’t they be making a profit? 

It is not the making of a profit that is the problem, It is the actual profit margin, probably more than 500%. It is people getting rich because of a world pandemic.

• Like 2

On 2/22/2021 at 10:10 AM, Mavideol said:

why would somebody waste of money and time reporting such BS.... how can a poll using 1,318 people be reliable/credible

Exactly ; As if 1318 persons could be representative for a population of over 64 million.... Where was this poll held???? Central Bkk, rural????

21 hours ago, Crimbath said:

I happen to agree that the taxpaying Thai citizens should be the only ones getting free vaccinations. I am a retiree living here as a guest of Thailand and I have no problem getting and paying for the vaccine with the caveat being that it doesn't come from China. 

A "guest" of Thailand?????? You obviously have not been here very long.

• Haha 1

Only tax payers should get it  for free  they say  ,  i feel sure  most of the workers in, (or were in) , Pattaya dont pay any tax .. my  Thai wife works  earns in excess orf 12,000b per month she has never paid tax

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, rioD said:

Airlines are going to compromise and or ruin their business  for the sake of big pharma.

Who suggested the airlines were doing anything for the pharma companies? The airlines will be responding to pressure from the vast majority of their own passengers. Quite simply, the industry will struggle to get back up to capacity and they know that the passengers crammed into their tin cans need to feel safe.

29 minutes ago, rioD said:

One airline mentioned that nonsense and had no support form any other carriers in that industry.

You must be reading very different sources from mine. The CEO of Qantas said there was unanimous support for it (vaccination verification for adult passengers on international flights) among the fellow airline CEOs he had talked to, and the CEO of Delta publicly agreed.

37 minutes ago, rioD said:

The vaccine nonsense simply isn't as successful as they imagined it would be.

The hilarious reality is that you, and all the other anti-vax warriors on this forum, will quietly tiptoe off to get your own "nonsense" jabs once you realize that your ability to travel or live abroad with disappear if you don't. Vaccines are going to be more popular than biscuits.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

It is not the making of a profit that is the problem, It is the actual profit margin, probably more than 500%.

What’s the correct profit margin then? 

26 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

It is people getting rich because of a world pandemic.

What’s the problem with people getting rich? I rather have a vaccine and people getting rich than no vaccine and people half rich. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, actonion said:

Only tax payers should get it  for free  they say  ,  i feel sure  most of the workers in, (or were in) , Pattaya dont pay any tax .. my  Thai wife works  earns in excess orf 12,000b per month she has never paid tax

I'm sure prostitutes around the world don't pay tax. There are some normal workers in Pattaya too. If you earn 12k, you don't need to pay tax. 

I think people mean only foreign taxpayers should get it, which makes sense to me. 

Edited by Neeranam

On 2/22/2021 at 9:59 AM, webfact said:

Foreigners should be FORCED to have a Covid-19 vaccination - and they should pay for it, Thai poll

1pm.jpg

Image: Daily News

A Nida poll conducted last week in Thailand revealed that nearly half of Thais think that foreigners should be forced to have a Covid-19 vaccination. 

Less than a third thought foreigners should have any choice in the matter.

While nearly 40% of respondents think foreigners should pay for the vaccine themselves with nearly a third suggesting only taxpayers should get it for free. 

Meanwhile retirees are way down the list of folk on the vaccination pecking order.....under even students, according to the poll.

And less than 10% thought it was worth vaccinating people in the tourism industry first. 

The Nida poll was entitled "Who should get a Covid-19 jab first?" and was split into several categories, like where, who, jobs and foreigners.

There were 1,318 respondents from February 15th to 17th.

44.54% thought that all foreigners should be forced to get a jab.

28.22% thought it was up to them

26.25% thought foreigners who represented a high risk should be forced to get vaccinated

The rest didnt know, didn't answer or were not interested - just 0.99%.

So who should pay for foreigners to get vaccinated?

38.92% thought foreigners should pay themselves

31.72% thought those legally paying tax in Thailand should get it for free

25.72% said everyone should get it for free irrespective of race

0.68% thought the state should go halves with foreigners

2.96% were in the don't know group

Asked what places should be targeted FIRST for vaccination the results were as follows:

56.9% provinces hit hard in the second wave

16.77% equal weight given to everywhere

10.70% tourism provinces

10.39% border provinces

5.24% provinces with high level of industry

Asked what jobs, professions or special groups should be targeted first 40.48% thought that should be workers in the medical fields. 

14.41% thought general workers and those doing physical work

8.87% said those in the tourism sector

7.57% said equal weight should be given to all. 

Among the others students rated 4.93% and homeworkers, retirees and the unemployed were near the bottom of the pile on just 3.49%.

Politicians were reserved for last place - just 0.48% thought they should get preferential treatment. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-02-22

Yes can we pay thai price we are retirees

2 minutes ago, rangerboy said:

Yes can we pay thai price we are retirees

As retirees in Thailand, you get many benefits already that are not as easy for Thai retirees to Western countries. For example, some retirees here moan about keeping $25,000 in the bank, whilst Thai retirees in the USA must INVEST $500,000!

• Confused 1