Foreigners should be FORCED to have a Covid-19 vaccination - and they should pay for it, Thai poll

webfact

On 2/24/2021 at 1:43 PM, XBroker said:

First it was the app that I found racist. This is worse. If the economy were to go way south, I wonder who they would vote to be on the menu.. ????

If it helps, I'll be treating any thais I meet in the US with the same racism you all are being treated with there. .. or mebbe half of them.. ????

If I ever return to my home country I'll be doing the same. What's good for the goose is good for the gander ????

Forced vaccination, really ?

And that with Sinovac from PR China, I suppose?

Well ... try it!

- And you will see the next “Tourist”, “Alien”, whatever...,  leaving your country, who before injected 1000s of Euro in your economy every month.

Tanzania, Madagascar, Kenya, Seychelles, Caribbean : here I come.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

The actual figure is more like 15%, according to ONS data.

15.3% of UK population estimated to have had coronavirus

But whether it's 96% or 85% that haven't been infected, that makes absolutely no difference to the figures I referred to, which have to do with the number of people who were infected and looks at whether they had received the vaccine, or not.

The actual figure of people testing positive is about 6% the 15.3% number you quote is a guess or estimate if you like.

And all  thai who live in u.k and Europe should pay for the vaccine and dont expect to get it free like they get free hospitals  who work on a 2 years visa by the time thailand vaccination it population the  u.k would have done all the people by August and thailand will be history as a tourist destination because who would want to travel to thailand if the population havent been vaccinated and how many government will allow u to travel to thailand

Edited by Woolsgibb60

10 hours ago, mike787 said:

Normal xenophobia here...I expect nothing less.

Maybe it's altruistic and they just what to make sure foreigners are protected against Covid?  After all, being vaccinated doesn't stop you getting it or passing it on; it just mitigates its effects.

As for xenophobia, yes a lot of Thais are xenophobic and are scared of foreigners.  At least that's better than the outright racism expressed towards Asians being seen in the US when "Chinese" have been attacked and even murdered.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Maybe it's altruistic and they just what to make sure foreigners are protected against Covid?  After all, being vaccinated doesn't stop you getting it or passing it on; it just mitigates its effects.

As for xenophobia, yes a lot of Thais are xenophobic and are scared of foreigners.  At least that's better than the outright racism expressed towards Asians being seen in the US when "Chinese" have been attacked and even murdered.

YES, its pathetic the abuse asians experience in US and any country.  Imagine being blamed for something you didn't do...or even killed.  Humans are not even human....

• 1 month later...
On 2/23/2021 at 10:14 PM, Percy P said:

Correct ,but I see an article saying free vaccination for people paying tax. I pay 15%  on money deposited in the Thai Bank. 15% of one million I would think would cover the vaccination jab. And this tax is paid every year. 

How and why do you pay a 15% tax on money deposited in a Thai bank? 

I would be happy to pay for a Vaccine in Thailand if it were reasonably priced. 

I have to pay for my Son’s vaccinations anyway and I’ve paid for all my vaccinations in Thailand up to date. 

That said, those who have a work permit (and are paying tax) should receive their vaccination free of charge. Of course, the added complexity with that is they may not get the choice of which vaccine. 

My Wife and son may get the vaccine free of charge when it becomes available. 

I expect that at some point my Son will have to have a vaccine to be permitted back into School. 

He had to show full vaccination records before being accepted into his current school. 

I will need vaccination to travel around for work - I imagine there will be an International Vaccine passport. 

Currently I have to quarantine when I travel into other countries, a vaccine should eradicate that need. 

So. While I don’t believe anyone should be Forced to have a Covid-19 vaccine, for many I believe their life may be made more difficult without it. For foreigners I suspect this may impact extensions of stay, for new arrivals securing a visa may require a proof of vaccine. 

I am guessing that vaccines will need to be boosted yearly and foreigners will need to show proof of that. 

Those who don’t want to take the vaccine have the option not to remain in Thailand - thus they are not forced to take a vaccine.

I think a resumable cost for the vaccine will be anything less than 2000 baht (for both doses) although at the beginning I can imagine private hospitals charging a lot more, especially to those who need it to travel for work. 

Why do foreigners who moved to a third world country, expect to get everything for free, as it was in their nanny state?

They moved here probably because they couldn't afford the taxes in their home country any more, which make it possible to have a free healthcare system.

Here they don't pay any taxes, but expect the same?

Edited by Susco
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I don't think paying for a vaccine is the big issue for most of us. The issue is access. FAIR access. What appears to be happening now is that foreigners are not included in the earlier HIGH RISK GROUP phase (whenever that does actually start which we don't know yet). That is a very serious problem. 

Are vaccines yet not available at private hospitals? Because you don't agree with the price they charge, doesn't mean you don't have fair access.

In your nanny state you would pay every month 3 times for your vaccine and that of some immigrants, through taxes. If those taxes weren't a real thing, you would probably pay a lot more for that vaccine than they charge in Thailand.

People who think the vaccine is free in their home country live in lala land, but my guess is that most of them realise the real situation, and that is why they moved here.

Edited by Susco
  • Confused 1

Just now, Susco said:

Are vaccines yet not available at private hospitals? Because you don't agree with the price they charge, doesn't mean you don't have fair access.

In your nanny state you would pay every month 3 times for your vaccine and that of some immigrants, through taxes. If those taxes weren't a real thing, you would probably pay a lot more for that vaccine than they charge in Thailand.

People who think the vaccine is free in their home country live in lala land, but my guess is that most of them realise the real situation, and that is why they moved here.

NO!

They are not available!

We had a report the other day from a major Bangkok hospital noting that they are only taking THAI names for their list.

Don't bother me with your "nanny state" garbage. That's not interesting to me. No problem paying. By FAIR I mean that foreigners that are HIGH RISK don't have to wait much longer than Thais that are HIGH RISK. Paying is irrelevant. That's life and death stuff. Can you process that?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Don't bother me with your "nanny state" garbage. That's not interesting to me. No problem paying. By FAIR I mean that foreigners that are HIGH RISK don't have to wait much longer than Thais that are HIGH RISK. Paying is irrelevant. That's life and death stuff. Can you process that?

You wanted answers, you wanted the truth, you can't handle the truth cry baby.

If you consider yourself such high risk, you always can return to your home country, where you get it for free, but how many threads you have already started making clear you can't afford to live there any more?

And now you come here telling us you have no problem with paying? hahahaha

Edited by Susco
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

We had a report the other day from a major Bangkok hospital noting that they are only taking THAI names for their list.

There was a thread here, which said that private hospitals are allowed to import the vaccine.

I have seen posts on this very forum from foreigners who received their vaccine at Pattaya-bangkok hospital

• Confused 1

Oh the irony from an item in February.. pathetic Thais with their distain for foreigners.  They think they are better than 'dirty falang ". But I know that I'm '

better'  more rational with more sanity than they will ever be!

Edited by pixelaoffy

1 minute ago, Susco said:

There was a thread here, which said that private hospitals are allowed to import the vaccine.

I have seen posts on this very forum from foreigners who received their vaccine at Pattaya-bangkok hospital

I’d like to see a link to that thread - I may need to take a vaccine so I don’t have to quarantine when I go back to work overseas. 

• Like 2

Long time ago that said that might happen but it has NOT happened.

Things have changed as far as the severity of this wave. 

Foreigners are most certainly not getting vaccines at private hospitals. 

Thais aren't either.

Keep up with realities on the ground. 

• Like 2

But if they were forced against their will, they would proceed to throw a hissy fit. 

And why do we have to pay for it? I thought they were all about smiles, politeness and just being good in general.

Free entertainment it is.

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I’d like to see a link to that thread - I may need to take a vaccine so I don’t have to quarantine when I go back to work overseas. 

Don't bother. NOT AVAILABLE!

(There was a post a while back where a member was confused and didn't realize what was being offered were FLU vaccines, not Covid-19 vaccines.)

Edited by Jingthing

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Now if the search function on this forum would work, I would give you the link to the TVF thread, but it was in the news forum.

I hope this will do for you.

https://www.nst.com.my/world/region/2021/04/681432/thai-private-hospitals-get-green-light-buy-covid-19-vaccines

Look what I found on Thaivisa

Edited by Susco
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/22/2021 at 10:19 AM, BadSpottedDog said:

And what happens to people like my daughter, that have serious adverse reactions to vaccines? She cannot have them, but she's lived in Thailand for 5 years now. She has nothing left in our home country, her home is here.
Do they even realize there are a lot of people with this problem?

She has serious reactions to ALL vaccines....seriously doubt that.

Now if the search function on this forum would work, I would give you the link to the TVF thread, but it was in the news forum.

I hope this will do for you.

https://www.nst.com.my/world/region/2021/04/681432/thai-private-hospitals-get-green-light-buy-covid-19-vaccines

Oh please dude.

OLD NEWS.

It hasn't happened. Green light and having vaccines and the vaccines being offered to foreigners are entirely different things.

Again, as I mentioned, we have a recent report from a major Thai hospital saying sorry we aren't even going to take your name to put you on a list if you aren't Thai.

• Haha 1