Foreigners should be FORCED to have a Covid-19 vaccination - and they should pay for it, Thai poll

webfact

1 minute ago, gunderhill said:

You know what I disagree  with  a  lot of what you say but  not  all, but I absolutely respect your right to say it, sadly TV is  virtually stopping all debate  now under the guise of  it minimising the impact of covid. Its  pretty  sick as far as Im concerned pun intended. Simply label it as  off  topic  trolling or denier etc and off  it goes its  getting right  up there with global warming, welcome to the new normal,  nothing normal  about it. The Emperors  clothes syndrome. From now  on Im going to agree with  everything said as long as its the "right" everything, as  such i redact my  comments above to YOUR WRONG Shame on you burn at the stake throw you out of the country etc????

Perfectly fine with you disagreeing. 

A disagreement is the first step into a meaningful discussion based on arguments.

I am up for hour long discussions about everything.

But if people are not even allowed to disagree anymore, there is no room for a discussion anymore and really sinister times are in..

But I feel more hope, as even people that disagree with me now allowing me to express my opinion. A breeze of freedom, hahah..

• Like 2

On 4/27/2021 at 2:58 AM, Susco said:

Nobody will be forced to take the vaccine, as you are free not to extend your current permission to stay, and leave Thailand.

As in every other country in the world, if as a foreigner you want to stay there, you comply with the rules that country sets.

Not to worry....Long before vaccinations are compulsory to extending your visa/permission to stay in Thailand

Mandatory health insurance WILL be part of any extensions

That will have a much bigger impact & is actually intelligent in comparison to a silly may or may not work mandatory vaccine ????

7 minutes ago, meechai said:

Not to worry....Long before vaccinations are compulsory to extending your visa/permission to stay in Thailand

Mandatory health insurance WILL be part of any extensions

That will have a much bigger impact & is actually intelligent in comparison to a silly may or may not work mandatory vaccine ????

Also a huge money spinner for those with influence.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2021 at 11:26 AM, cdemundo said:

CanI think you would get a similar response in a lot of countries.  The big bad foreigner brings disease.  

In Australia, no matter who you are, testing, and vaccine, are free, for a very good reason..  but if, people are forced, then becomes murky, in fact an invasion of privacy and human rights.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gunderhill said:

You know what I disagree  with  a  lot of what you say but  not  all, but I absolutely respect your right to say it, sadly TV is  virtually stopping all debate  now under the guise of  it minimising the impact of covid. Its  pretty  sick as far as Im concerned pun intended. Simply label it as  off  topic  trolling or denier etc and off  it goes its  getting right  up there with global warming, welcome to the new normal,  nothing normal  about it. The Emperors  clothes syndrome. From now  on Im going to agree with  everything said as long as its the "right" everything, as  such i redact my  comments above to YOUR'E WRONG Shame on you burn at the stake throw you out of the country etc????

Right... 55555

On 4/28/2021 at 1:55 AM, jak2002003 said:

Here is a credible (I hope) link that show the death rates from contracting Covid 19 and also how that relates to pre existing conditions such as heart disease etc. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-51674743

That BBC article is a year-plus old report from the very beginning of the pandemic... A lot has changed since then, and knowledge has evolved.

Here's a more current look at actual COVID deaths in the U.S. by age group. As it clearly shows, people of younger age groups down to 50 have been dying of COVID in not insignificant numbers.

Screenshot_32.jpg.76cd2fdf48e918aed74a87d9cb88a3d7.jpg

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1191568/reported-deaths-from-covid-by-age-us/

For the UK, the government currently is reporting:

"Around 73% of all COVID-19 deaths have occurred among people aged 75 years and over."

Meaning 27% or more than a quarter of all COVID deaths there have been of people under age 75.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/articles/coronaviruscovid19roundup/2020-03-26

8 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

That BBC article is a year-plus old report from the very beginning of the pandemic... A lot has changed since then, and knowledge has evolved.

Here's a more current look at actual COVID deaths in the U.S. by age group. As it clearly shows, people of younger age groups down to 50 have been dying of COVID in not insignificant numbers.

Screenshot_32.jpg.76cd2fdf48e918aed74a87d9cb88a3d7.jpg

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1191568/reported-deaths-from-covid-by-age-us/

For the UK, the government currently is reporting:

"Around 73% of all COVID-19 deaths have occurred among people aged 75 years and over."

Meaning 27% or more than a quarter of all COVID deaths there have been of people under age 75.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/articles/coronaviruscovid19roundup/2020-03-26

Yes, perhaps the younger ones in American are the unhealthy ones who are so overweight...Americans are hardly the healthiest people on earth, for the most part.

On 2/22/2021 at 10:00 PM, donnacha said:

An extraordinary prediction.

Ah.

I think you'll find that, outside conspiracy la-la-land, one of their key selling points is that vaccines reduce your chance of developing Covid-19 and, if you do, is almost certainly going to stop you needing to be hospitalized or, indeed, dying from Covid-19.

Yup. We have only vaccinated a small percentage of the population. It is vital that the rules mandating mask use, for the safety of others, remain in force because there may be some delusional idiots who don't care about the safety of others.

Once vaccines reach general availability, and most people are vaccinated, and infections drop below 0.1% again, mask use will naturally end.

Well, there are some notable ways in which you will be restricted and I won't. I will be able to fly in airplanes. I will be able to visit foreign countries. I have a growing suspicion that the quality of other expats I meet in Thailand is about to significantly improve.

Tell that nonsense to the vaccinated people who caught the virus or impacted by its many side effects. Eat healthy, workout, build your immune  system vs placing your health in the hands of risky, experimental who knows what. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, rioD said:

Tell that nonsense to the vaccinated people who caught the virus or impacted by its many side effects. Eat healthy, workout, build your immune  system vs placing your health in the hands of risky, experimental who knows what. 

Hi, I was vaccinated with Moderna and have not had any side effects.

Rather be safe than sorry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/2/2021 at 3:05 AM, Bob4u said:

Hi, I was vaccinated with Moderna and have not had any side effects.

Rather be safe than sorry.

What makes you feel safe.  They never promised you immunity or a cure, simply used you as a tester for an alleged vaccination.

2 hours ago, rioD said:

Hi Sherm, did an antibodies test prior to coming to TH and showed testing pos+ for Covid19 antibodies.

I understand some people are basically dumb and have little understanding of science 

or how these new mRNA vaccines work but it's quite interesting. The ability to rewrite 'code' will be used for cancer and possibly HIV in the very near future with this new technology.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...