Foreigners should be FORCED to have a Covid-19 vaccination - and they should pay for it, Thai poll

webfact

7 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

What Covid vaccine did she a serious adverse reaction to? I thought the vaccinations aren’t available here yet? 

Gardasil and chicken pox vax. Apparently there is a common ingredient in all vaccines that she is most likely allergic to. According to the doctor. Her injuries are permanent (she still has episodes) .... so no more.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Retirees so low?

So much for the fabled Asian respect for elders.

Don't Thai people know that the elderly are in the highest risk of dying from this?

I don't really mind the impulse to force foreigners to get the jabs and pay for it.

Would probably get the same result in most countries.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

I acknowledge the fact that driving drunk is dangerous, but do believe in being able to make my own decision, regardless of what the mainstream populace is doing.

Welcome to the LOS, "up to you"

1 minute ago, donnacha said:

Nothing is "free". Governments produce no money of their own. They take money from taxpayers by threat of force.

Not sure why the $20 cost of a vaccine is such big issue for you.

Did I state that $20 was an issue??? $20 would be no issue for me, I am comfortably retired, I don't pay direct tax. The govt pays me! :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, BadSpottedDog said:

And what happens to people like my daughter, that have serious adverse reactions to vaccines? She cannot have them, but she's lived in Thailand for 5 years now. She has nothing left in our home country, her home is here.
Do they even realize there are a lot of people with this problem?

It's an MNRA vaccine, which is new tech. It doesn't work like previous vaccines. It's not the hair of the dog that bit you. 

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, BadSpottedDog said:

Gardasil and chicken pox vax. Apparently there is a common ingredient in all vaccines that she is most likely allergic to. According to the doctor. Her injuries are permanent (she still has episodes) .... so no more.

Sorry to hear that. Based on what you wrote, she doesn’t seem to be allergic to the vaccine agent, but to other common vaccine components like egg protein, Gelatine, yeast etc. Were doctors able to find out what component exactly is causing her an allergic reaction, to see whether a different product may work or having it being administered by an allergist? 

Just now, welovesundaysatspace said:

Which one? And what does the cost include? Just the production or also margin and things like transportation, storage and administering? 

Cost was to  recipient, no need to worry about transportation, storage admin.

It doesn't matter which one as most countries don't offer any choices.

Cost for a foreigner to use a government hospital is 50bht + materials ....... I'd be happy to pay $7 in total

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, donnacha said:

Yes. You wrote that "civilized" countries provide it for free, implying that Thailand is uncivilized if they don't provide you with yet another taxpayer-funded freebie.

I paid tax in Thailand for 30 years! Have you?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Sorry to hear that. Based on what you wrote, she doesn’t seem to be allergic to the vaccine agent, but to other common vaccine components like egg protein, Gelatine, yeast etc. Were doctors able to find out what component exactly is causing her an allergic reaction, to see whether a different product may work or having it being administered by an allergist? 

It's the mercury that usually causes the problems.

Thimerosal is a mercury-containing organic compound (an organomercurial). Since the 1930s, it has been widely used as a preservative in a number of biological and drug products, including many vaccines, to help prevent potentially life threatening contamination with harmful microbes.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Sad 1