Foreigners should be FORCED to have a Covid-19 vaccination - and they should pay for it, Thai poll

webfact

2 minutes ago, Chiang Mai Bill said:

My Thai wife in the UK will be getting her ''free'' vaccine -- thanks to the UK Government's desire to vaccinate ''all'' in order to stop the spread of the virus!

Many non-Thai may baulk at paying for the vaccine -- of course, depending on the decided cost -- should this situation occur!

UK  doesn't issue vaccination certificates (as far as I know), so she'll be required to do it again in Thailand.

i certainly object to paying 10x-20x the price.

Edited by BritManToo

1 minute ago, natway09 said:

That is why the Visa & extension is clearly marked "Non"

We are just a guest in their country, get over it

Even being a taxpayer for 27 years   I realize that will need to pay for it

I'm surprised this is even a topic.Of course Farang will need to pay for their vaccine

7 minutes ago, natway09 said:

That is why the Visa & extension is clearly marked "Non"

We are just a guest in their country, get over it

Even being a taxpayer for 27 years   I realize that will need to pay for it

So you paid tax 27 years too long too in that case. Only to fund the army and elite ;).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, david555 said:

i would gladly pay for it , on condition i have some vaccines choice  .....AZ or Moderna  example , even Sputnik....????  but not that China Whuhan one ????

But after al by this poll we are almost in the last group .... so ....probably more vaccines available

I'd rather take a Chinese one than any other one. At least you then know it was tested on a high volume. But funny that one would jeopardize their own health, because being unable to make objective decisions as of hating certain countries ;).

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, law ling said:

The use of the word "forced" is a little unsettling.

Thais have a way with words dont they, it always seemed a bit draconian to me that if you breached a law you might get a fine but here you are "punished" with a fine.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BadSpottedDog said:

I'm trying not to worry, but when you see your child have seizures and paralysis (now chronic) from a vax, and the doc tells me she cannot have any more, it is very concerning. I do realize that most likely, people who were polled, know nothing about these issues, so I'm trying to focus on that. I totally agree with your statement on choice.

Not only that but quite clearly even IF there were a mandatory vaccination program in place, which I doubt will happen other than MAYBE to enter the country, there must be medical exemptions.

Also, no Covid vaccine is licensed or recommended for under 18s, pregnant or breastfeeding women in Thailand. Therefore, a child will NOT be required to get a Covid vaccine in Thailand. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BadSpottedDog said:

And what happens to people like my daughter, that have serious adverse reactions to vaccines? She cannot have them, but she's lived in Thailand for 5 years now. She has nothing left in our home country, her home is here.
Do they even realize there are a lot of people with this problem?

Don't worry.

Medical exemptions are always available. I know of no country where medical exemptions aren't honored, though they're getting pretty close in California, where such exemptions are scrutinized for school entry. Other than that, no issues. Not even in China.

Secondly, the vaccines are NOT licensed for children in Thailand. Therefore, a child can't be forced to take one, no matter what the law might say about adults. 

• Like 1

Just now, ChaiyaTH said:

I'd rather take a Chinese one than any other one. At least you then know it was tested on a high volume.

As they say so.....  those  from the land of free speech and democracy ...... ????

Than more trust in the experts from chemical Novichok warfare .....????

16 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

If this poll has any credibility it should ask Thais why foreigners should be forced to be vaccinated but not, it seems, the Thais themselves.

Whilst free has some greater appeal, I too, am happy to pay.

You can be assured that many of the most draconian minded people among the Thai population think everyone should get vaccinated and that the people polled here were probably thinking more about Burmese migrants than westerners per se.

5 minutes ago, TheFreqFlyer said:

You can be assured that many of the most draconian minded people among the Thai population think everyone should get vaccinated and that the people polled here were probably thinking more about Burmese migrants than westerners per se.

I think you are right, but all foreigners have been lumped together. But it might be insensitive to ask a question of this nature that separates Burmese from others. Thais don't like the Burmese much and it would show!

35 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

I'd rather take a Chinese one than any other one. At least you then know it was tested on a high volume. But funny that one would jeopardize their own health, because being unable to make objective decisions as of hating certain countries ;).

Good luck with that testing proven to be the least effective of any of the vaccines being distributed.

Why not get the best, which is not from China.

Edited by bkk6060

39 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

UK  doesn't issue vaccination certificates (as far as I know), so she'll be required to do it again in Thailand.

i certainly object to paying 10x-20x the price.

When my Thai wife got her vaccination she didn't receive and kind of proof, but when I had mine a few weeks later I was given a credit card sized certicicate with the details on it. We are in the UK. When my wife is due her second jab I have told her that she must ask for some kind of certification.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, donnacha said:

It removes money from productive members of society

And from the less productive too.  But it does not remove enough from the richest and financially cleverest members, 

like you? 

Edited by PGSan
  • Like 1