Foreigners should be FORCED to have a Covid-19 vaccination - and they should pay for it, Thai poll

webfact

3 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

if I understand you correctly, you would rely on the opinion of 1,318 people to make a drastic decision.... ????

I would expect any Government to do all it can to protect its own people, whether or not it upsets a few expats, who are not its citizens and not its responsibility.  Quite a few people on here need to wake up and smell the coffee.  

Edited by Pilotman
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, paulikens said:

@Pilotman their narrow minded view you mean.  if any foreigner has been in Thailand for the last year they have no more chance of having it than a Thai.  i have no qualms about paying for it, cuz as you say its not my country thats fair enough but to be forced to take it, is against a persons human rights and then you're on a very slippery slope if you think thats ok.   but then again its a poll that just over a 1000 people took part it and so it doesnt really matter.

It may come down to a simple issue, have it, or leave. All the expat hand wringing in the World will not change that fact. 

5 hours ago, MJCM said:

Will pay for this myself BUT one condition if I can choose what brand. Don't want that SinoVac!

I will happily pay for either Pfizer, Moderna, or Astra Zeneca. But they will have to strap me down if they try to inject me with anything out of China or Russia. ????

Does that also mean that the same percentage of Thai people insist that Thai people living in other countries should be forced into having a Covid 19 vaccination and that all those same Thai people should PAY for the vaccine or is this the usual one-way process of "We take we do not give" because all foreigners have more money than Thai people and they should feel sorry for us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pilotman said:

I would expect any Government to do all it can to protect its own people, whether or not it upsets a few expats, who are not its citizens and not its responsibility.  Quite a few people on here need to wake up and smell the coffee.  

quite a few people here spend more on a monthly basis then their own citizens on a year, how is the coffee smelling? I, myself and me support a family of 5 people, don't have any other residence then the one I have here, does contribute to Thailand life, I am not a citizen of their country because they don't allow me to be (maybe many more here would say the same) thus their fault for treating me differently, In my own country any resident (citizen or not) is vaccinated for free... does the coffee still smell

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I wouldn't worry to much about this stupid poll, but thanks for bringing up the "serious adverse reactions to vaccines", I will have to keep that one up my sleeve if and when someone does want to force me to have the vaccine, against my own free will.

Everyone should have a choice, taking ones choices away would be nothing short of undemocratic, and before those keyboard warriors pounce on the keyboard, take a chill pill, I am not an anti-vaxer, but do believe in being able to make my own decision, regardless of what the mainstream populace is doing. 

Do you live in Thailand ? You worry about it been undemocratic.

1 minute ago, Mavideol said:

quite a few people here spend more on a monthly basis then their own citizens on a year, how is the coffee smelling? I, myself and me support a family of 5 people, don't have any other residence then the one I have here, does contribute to Thailand life, I am not a citizen of their country because they don't allow me to be (maybe many more here would say the same) thus their fault for treating me differently, In my own country any resident (citizen or not) is vaccinated for free... does the coffee still smell

All that you say means precisely 100% of fxxk all to the government here.  I don't understand why people like you can't see that. They don't care about you, you are not their concern, or their responsibility. You are an alien in their country.  Everything else you state is irrelevant to what may happen to you as an expat. Is that coffee enough for you? .  

4 minutes ago, paulikens said:

@Pilotman possibly but i doubt the government will make that decision on the strength of 1300 people

the poll is irrelevant, its what a thinking, military led government  may well do to protect its own. If I was them, I would do it. 

1 minute ago, Pilotman said:

All that you say means precisely 100% of fxxk all to the government here.  I don't understand why people like you can't see that. They don't care about you, you are not their concern, or their responsibility. You are an alien in their country.  Everything else you state is irrelevant to what may happen to you as an expat. Is that coffee enough for you? .  

I don't have a problem paying for the vaccine, I do have a problem with it if that was decided on a poll of 1,318 people and you are venting for nothing, maybe you are bored nothing else to do, so please, keep venting if it makes you fell good

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Mavideol said:

I don't have a problem paying for the vaccine, I do have a problem with it if that was decided on a poll of 1,318 people and you are venting for nothing, maybe you are bored nothing else to do, so please, keep venting if it makes you fell good

why am I the one venting as you put it?  If it becomes a requirement for me to remain here, then I wouldn't hesitate to have the vaccine. 

Seeing polls like this really helps to keep me grounded and reminds me of the reality of how we are seen and appreciated.  I think that I will make a copy of the part about being "forced to take and pay" for vaccine and tape it to the wall by my computer. As I get requests for money to pay for her kids education, Mom's hospital bills, her car repairs, or a new car or a house, etc. I can reread this over and over!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, pookett said:

No problem having the vaccine, no problem paying for it BUT on the condition that all Thais currently in foreign countries also pay for theirs.

and will there still be the 2 tier paying Farang price  Yep of course .. someone's going to get rich eh ..they wont miss this opportunity    

• Like 2

''with nearly a third suggesting only taxpayers should get it for free ''......... there are no tax payers in my village     !

If I have to pay then I will have the right to choose the most effective vaccine.... hopefully the private hospitals will know which type to give.

8 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Can we word it the correct way-----That -Less then half of the Thai's feel that foreigners should be forced to have a Covid-19 Vaccination..........:coffee1:

Doesn't attract the same amount of traffic to the article,  typical media nonsense all revenue driven. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

The poll doesn’t mention if local stray dogs should also get vaccinated before foreigners?

I would think the dogs should only be vaccinated if they come into contact with a filthy animal (Farang in local speak) I dare say it will be free for dogs though !

On 2/22/2021 at 10:01 AM, mtls2005 said:

Wow, the natives are restless. 

Pitchfork and torch time.

I will gladly pay for my vaccination.

Me too. If I can choose a real one of my choice with a proven trackrecord, not another Thai uncertified copy

2 minutes ago, Humpy said:

''with nearly a third suggesting only taxpayers should get it for free ''......... there are no tax payers in my village     !

If I have to pay then I will have the right to choose the most effective vaccine.... hopefully the private hospitals will know which type to give.

I want the vaccine and don't mind paying for it. However the Sino version is only 50% effective and I sure don't trust the Chinese! Hopefully the private hospitals will have a choice?

...and they should get whipped hard, while they should pay 10 (or 20) times the price of a vaccination.

And no, the Thai people overseas should not pay a cent for their vaccination!

ha ha

Anyone know the price of vaccinations?

cheers, all fun (and games)

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, onekoolguy said:

Seeing polls like this really helps to keep me grounded and reminds me of the reality of how we are seen and appreciated.  I think that I will make a copy of the part about being "forced to take and pay" for vaccine and tape it to the wall by my computer. As I get requests for money to pay for her kids education, Mom's hospital bills, her car repairs, or a new car or a house, etc. I can reread this over and over!

Soo right, my mate!

8 hours ago, George Bowman said:

I've lived here for years and have noticed that Thailand's officialdom is not much different than my home country. Neither government has ever given me anything for free...

Nothing is for Free in the world. 

No matter where you go, you Will Pay for everything in the end.

17 minutes ago, Humpy said:

You have no choice 

• Sad 1