Foreigners should be FORCED to have a Covid-19 vaccination - and they should pay for it, Thai poll

webfact

1 minute ago, KarenBravo said:

I agree.

Any foreigner that refuses to vaccinate should be immediately quarantined until their deportation flight is ready.

Anti-vaxers are selfish people who put others at risk.

The subject is not about taking the vaccine. I would choose to take it, but not the Chinese version. The poll was about forcing expats to take and pay! Not everyone, Just Expats?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Can we also have our choice to drive our cars completely <deleted>faced without a safety belt? Taking that choice away was nothing short of undemocratic. I mean, take a chill pill, I acknowledge the fact that driving drunk is dangerous, but do believe in being able to make my own decision, regardless of what the mainstream populace is doing. 

haha, who ever said anything here about 'democracy'.  People keep rabbiting on this post about his idea being 'undemocratic'.  if you are looking for democracy, you are in the wrong country. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, whitfield said:

Happy to be near the back of the queue and happy to pay for it, assuming no ridiculous profiteering.  Would rather wait for AZ or Pfizer than have the Chinese vac.  Pfizer products seem to work well.

Only that Pfizer need such ultimate freezing temperatures to be kept / transported that it would be very difficult for hot country's to guarantee such demands ....Moderna only  -18 degrees Celsius , normal deepfreezer temperature ,so more chance of a correct vaccination as the cold chain kept accurate is important 

Edited by david555

Hello , 

Thailand should be considering especially with Retired and Married Visa Expats should not have to pay for Covid Immunization , Especially with the failing Tourism Industry in Thailand and the amount of money they pump into the Thai Economy.

I’m Retired in Thailand, If I have to pay I will if Thai Government is only offering the Chinese or Russian Vaccine, I will certainly pay and go to a private Hospital to get The Johnson and Johnson Vaccine when it becomes available !!   

• Like 1

8 hours ago, law ling said:

The use of the word "forced" is a little unsettling.

It was done on purpose to create (so far) 18 pages of Thaigeezer indignation and frothing. ????

Edited by Psimbo
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, onekoolguy said:

The subject is not about taking the vaccine. I would choose to take it, but not the Chinese version. The poll was about forcing expats to take and pay! Not everyone, Just Expats?

I know what the subject is about, it's all in the thread title.

"Forcing" doesn't just mean holding a person down whilst being injected. It can also be a threat; like deportation if you refuse to vaccinate.

As for paying for it, I agree that only tax payers should get the vaccine for free (I'm not a tax payer).

Did you really think that long term expats that don't pay tax would ever get it for free?

If you did, you either haven't been here long, or you are naive.

I have been here  long enough to know that the Thais will expect us to pay for the vaccine which is fair enough

I don't work here pay taxes  ect I am retired

So not unexpected news to me  I will willingly pay to get the vaccine when it becomes available in the international hospitals or even the Government ones not a big deal health first 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Pilotman said:

It seems about right in terms of what I would expect people to say. In their shoes, I would agree. 

Really? Considering Thais legally residing in Europe (and in the US) get the vaccination for free...

8 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Can we word it the correct way-----That -Less then half of the Thai's feel that foreigners should be forced to have a Covid-19 Vaccination..........:coffee1:

Actually, I was upset by the title and the summary of the article but, when I read the details, I totally agreed with the poll. When you look at numbers they make sense and are understandable ( most of them ) and I read it the same way as you do 

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, david555 said:

Only that Pfizer need such ultimate freezing temperatures to be kept / transported that it would be very difficult for hot country's to guarantee such demands ....Moderna only  -18 degrees Celsius , normal deepfreezer temperature ,so more chance of a correct vaccination as the cold chain kept accurate is important 

Today Pfizer said that their vaccine now does not need to be kept at the extreme cold they previously required. Now just same as all the rest.

• Confused 1

This just show the mindset on Thais. No wonder Thailand is so far behind a normal minded country. It is horrible saying at least. However, I wish all foreigners would just leave Thailand and they will see how much depended they are on foreigners. And beg for foreigners to come back ????????????

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, onekoolguy said:

Today Pfizer said that their vaccine now does not need to be kept at the extreme cold they previously required. Now just same as all the rest.

Strange they a sudden saw a way to cut minus 70 degree celsius to the more easy minus 18/20 ....approx 50 degrees celsius better....

to competite with th competition ?

NO doubt anyway about their virus good working....at the before said needed normal minus temperature 

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Foreigners should be FORCED to have a Covid-19 vaccination - and they should pay for it, Thai poll

1pm.jpg

Image: Daily News

A Nida poll conducted last week in Thailand revealed that nearly half of Thais think that foreigners should be forced to have a Covid-19 vaccination. 

Less than a third thought foreigners should have any choice in the matter.

While nearly 40% of respondents think foreigners should pay for the vaccine themselves with nearly a third suggesting only taxpayers should get it for free. 

Meanwhile retirees are way down the list of folk on the vaccination pecking order.....under even students, according to the poll.

And less than 10% thought it was worth vaccinating people in the tourism industry first. 

The Nida poll was entitled "Who should get a Covid-19 jab first?" and was split into several categories, like where, who, jobs and foreigners.

There were 1,318 respondents from February 15th to 17th.

44.54% thought that all foreigners should be forced to get a jab.

28.22% thought it was up to them

26.25% thought foreigners who represented a high risk should be forced to get vaccinated

The rest didnt know, didn't answer or were not interested - just 0.99%.

So who should pay for foreigners to get vaccinated?

38.92% thought foreigners should pay themselves

31.72% thought those legally paying tax in Thailand should get it for free

25.72% said everyone should get it for free irrespective of race

0.68% thought the state should go halves with foreigners

2.96% were in the don't know group

Asked what places should be targeted FIRST for vaccination the results were as follows:

56.9% provinces hit hard in the second wave

16.77% equal weight given to everywhere

10.70% tourism provinces

10.39% border provinces

5.24% provinces with high level of industry

Asked what jobs, professions or special groups should be targeted first 40.48% thought that should be workers in the medical fields. 

14.41% thought general workers and those doing physical work

8.87% said those in the tourism sector

7.57% said equal weight should be given to all. 

Among the others students rated 4.93% and homeworkers, retirees and the unemployed were near the bottom of the pile on just 3.49%.

Politicians were reserved for last place - just 0.48% thought they should get preferential treatment. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-02-22

I look at it as an opportunity, and I plan to take advantage of it.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, DjSilver said:

This just show the mindset on Thais. No wonder Thailand is so far behind a normal minded country. It is horrible saying at least. However, I wish all foreigners would just leave Thailand and they will see how much depended they are on foreigners. And beg for foreigners to come back ????????????

I think "far behind" is a good definition of people in some countries sitting in their cars, waiting for hours, hoping and praying for a vaccination. If some foreigner was in your country demanding a free vaccination, before a citizen, you would go nuts.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, elliss said:

I regard it as a privilege , to pay for my vaccination .

That said us Foreigners / Aliens / expats,  are morally obliged to 

support  the Thai vaccination scheme .

After all , we are their guests . Lets not forget ..

Count our blessings , one by one ..

Vaccination scheme........Well there is not much more that needs to be said...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, George Bowman said:

I've lived here for years and have noticed that Thailand's officialdom is not much different than my home country. Neither government has ever given me anything for free...

Free in my home country

• Thanks 1