Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

What you need to know before travelling back to the UK.


Recommended Posts

A bit of further information that I've discovered. All visitors to UK (and illegals) are entitled to free vaccine and treatment for Covid if required. Need to register with a GP first, in order to get.

British Citizens need their National Insurance Number and register with a GP to get called for Vaccination.

Going back in 2 weeks with KLM, 280 quid one way.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

For your info I had a customer last night denird boarding on Qatar as although had a valid Covid test here had not prebooked his required 2 tests in England & been given a code number for same

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/8/2021 at 8:51 AM, natway09 said:

For your info I had a customer last night denird boarding on Qatar as although had a valid Covid test here had not prebooked his required 2 tests in England & been given a code number for same

 

Very odd. Qatar is on the UK "redlist" at the moment, which means that - if it transits through Qatar - he actually is subject to the mandatory hotel quarantine at £1,750. As far as I'm aware that includes all Covid testing on arrival, so he would not have needed to have booked those tests separately. Someone else will correct me if I'm wrong in that. 

 

I assume on March 8th (date of your post) it may not have been on the redlist at that point.

Edited by Tuvoc
Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe I should not say this, but when I travelled back to UK last year, when restrictions appeared to be similar to what I now read, I did all that was required and self quarantined at my residence in UK.  The reality was that having to through Heathrow immigration procedures, all simple if the paperwork was in order, then nobody took any notice of what I did from then on.  I was a good boy and followed instructions to the letter, but as far as I could see, nobody cared what I did once I left LHR. 

 

I was expecting checks to see if I was in quarantine, (phone calls to that address etc.,) but absolutely nothing.  I could have been out and about from day 1, and nobody would have known.   I was given a phone number of a help line for persons in quarantine, but that was only for support or questions.

 

Unless UK border force had a secret spy watching me, I was basically free from leaving LHR.   When I did leave quarantine I could travel as I wanted; only restriction was to wear a mask when in public areas, but this was not enforced, as far as I could see.

It might be different now, but I suspect that UK authorities are far too busy to care what individuals do.  Unlike Thailand, thy appeared o have faith that people would obey the rules, and left it to that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2021 at 7:19 AM, Robin said:

It might be different now, but I suspect that UK authorities are far too busy to care what individuals do.  Unlike Thailand, thy appeared o have faith that people would obey the rules, and left it to that

It certainly is different now, was for me anyway.

I returned last month and received a phone call every day of the ten of self isolation

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2021 at 4:20 PM, Tuvoc said:

 

Very odd. Qatar is on the UK "redlist" at the moment, which means that - if it transits through Qatar - he actually is subject to the mandatory hotel quarantine at £1,750. As far as I'm aware that includes all Covid testing on arrival, so he would not have needed to have booked those tests separately. Someone else will correct me if I'm wrong in that. 

 

I assume on March 8th (date of your post) it may not have been on the redlist at that point.

Qatar was placed on the UK government's 'red list' at 4am on Friday March 19. ... The Middle Eastern state joined Oman and  the UAE on the UK list of banned destinations same day.. I tend to use Etihad a lot and was thinking or heading back just for the Vacs...but...not yet....1750 quid to be banged up for 10 days...Mai krup..

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...