Jump to content

Pattaya: Police chief says media blackout was a "misunderstanding" - raid on illegal nightclub all above board


Recommended Posts

Pattaya: Police chief says media blackout was a "misunderstanding" - raid on illegal nightclub all above board

 

10pm1.jpg

Picture: Manager

 

The chief of police in Pattaya has defended his men's actions after 73 people were arrested at a nightclub on Soi Kor Phai, Moo 10, Bang Lamung.

 

The constabulary reacted after complaints and pictures appeared online showing 100 plus men and women enjoying themselves at a nightclub there.

 

It was the "At Time Pattaya" a new building behind a convenience store. 

 

The press claimed they were kept from doing their job during a raid.

 

Chief Pol Col Phisit Phoonsap said it was all above board and there was no attempt to infringe on media reporting. 

 

10pm.jpg

Picture: Manager

 

That was a misunderstanding after some at the party had complained about the media presence and the police had requested that the media keep a reasonable distance. 

 

The chief said that the club had the Covid protocols in place and didn't represent an outbreak hotspot.

 

The owner has been charged with having no licence and selling alcohol and cigarettes illegally. 

 

The patrons were all booked for breaking Covid-19 rules and the emergency decree. 

 

The chief denied they had been given preferential treatment saying they had been bailed and would all be prosecuted in court. 

 

A closure order was being sought with the Department of Provincial Administration.

 

Meanwhile Manager's sources suggested that the authorities were looking into a possible breach of planning permission for the club. 

 

Soure: Manager

 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-02-22
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am allways wondering that such big entertainment venues can operate without any licence and nobody seems to realise it. It does not seem to be an unknown location at least for the many customers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Oldie said:

I am allways wondering that such big entertainment venues can operate without any licence and nobody seems to realise it. It does not seem to be an unknown location at least for the many customers. 

Nobody seems to realize it? Or do you mean you never did until today? Most businesses can't get a license and it is the norm selling without, you just pay the cops. That is why the manager changes all the time too (alcohol selling nominees).

 

As well it is cheaper to start and run a business this way.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Nobody seems to realize it? Or do you mean you never did until today? Most businesses can't get a license and it is the norm selling without, you just pay the cops. That is why the manager changes all the time too (alcohol selling nominees).

 

As well it is cheaper to start and run a business this way.

But do they pay any taxes? I could imagine that they don't have a tax ID. Without license perhaps just one more problem. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, webfact said:

Meanwhile Manager's sources suggested that the authorities were looking into a possible breach of planning permission for the club. 

Along with no operating licence... I wonder just how many establishments have no licence, but open everyday with obvious payments being made to someone.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2021 at 10:16 AM, richard_smith237 said:

Only one possible interpretation...  someone with connections opened a club. 

Someone let the cat out of the bag. BiB came along and went through the motions but protected the owners identity. 

Translation: all above board

(Someone needs to work on their connections a bit, and next time the police won't even go!)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...