Bangkok nightlife given green light to re-open as more restrictions eased nationwide

Jonathan Fairfield

17 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Only Samut Sakhon remains under the highest level of restrictions, with bars and pubs there ordered to remain closed.

and how they will control people from Samut Sakhon from going outside and have drinks at nearby (+/- 50Kms) Bangkok bars restaurants or any other allowed entertainment venues

42 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

And not without justification! Quite why the government seems intent on putting businesses out of business is anyone's guess!

The government goes very far by allowing entertainment venues - in most Covid countries they are not allowed to be open.

There are simply no customers or not many people interested to go there. 

15 minutes ago, Oldie said:

The government goes very far by allowing entertainment venues - in most Covid countries they are not allowed to be open.

That's a lot different from my experience. Most people I know of long for the reopening of the pubs.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, the green light said:

keep wishing. Only the grandmas and the ugly one will board the busses.

i hope you like old flesh

We are talking Bangkok and not Pattaya.  In both the old grandma's and ugly ones stayed through it all.

You should have been happy this whole time if you prefer the old, fat, and ugly    ????  ????

The younger ones will be back in BKK ... Just not the younger Lao ladies yet.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Oldie said:

What is a covid country? I'm currently in Oz and bars are open with QR scan 

Thailand is unique as most people will meet up in bars rather than invite people home especially when your being served by some hotties 

Yes of course if you're stuck in a village your wife's family will keep you and your beer company ????

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, RayC said:

That's a lot different from my experience. Most people I know of long for the reopening of the pubs.

Perhaps it will be different in Bangkok. But here in Central Pattaya where you have very many bars most of them have no customers or are even closed. There are simply not enough tourists. They can open the whole night and there will not be more tourists. 

• Like 1

In the above green rectangles there are "sponsored searches", one of which is headed up as, "pattaya grils".

I am reminded of some graffiti  I saw in a public toilet about 50 years ago, as follows:

"Grils are great"

later...

"you mean GIRLS, stupid"

later still...

What about us Grils, then?

Edited by ChrisKC
typo

1 hour ago, Oldie said:

Perhaps it will be different in Bangkok. But here in Central Pattaya where you have very many bars most of them have no customers or are even closed. There are simply not enough tourists. They can open the whole night and there will not be more tourists. 

most of the bars in Soi 6 are open. Bar owner told me many bargirls are doing virtual ladydinks with customers in other countries paying online. Seems a bit desperate to me...

• Like 1

Great news...... Now you'll just have to open the doors and get back all the punters that have been driven out of the country........   I remember sat in one of my usual haunts in Cowboy pre-C19 and there was only me in there at ten o'clock on a Friday night and the girls just sat down with their phones...... This was going on in most bars at that time, infact some didn't open till close to nine o'clock......  Finally the penny's dropped.......  Hopefully the lads will go and play soldiers somewhere and not interfere with fun anymore....... For everyones sake......

Restaurants Will Be Allowed to Serve Alcohol from March 1

Subhabhong Rarueysong

1159092d80f38fdded27091b7d8a9f24_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - Restaurants, pubs and bars will be allowed to serve alcohol until 11pm or midnight from March 1 in all provinces, except Samut Sakhon under the remapping of Covid-19 zones.

The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) announced the easing of restrictions on Monday, but opening hours will differ in the red, orange and yellow Covid-19 control zones.

In the orange zone, including Bangkok, dining out is allowed until 11pm and alcohol may be served.

Entertainment places can also operate until 11pm and alcohol and live music are allowed, but not dancing.

Schools may open or remain online, or a mix of both. Exercise venues, gyms and fitness centers can open with customer limits.

The CCSA said the relaxation would boost economic activity, but it urged people to keep wearing masks, maintain social distancing, wash their hands and check their temperature regularly, and check in to venues with the ThaiChana or MorChana applications.

nnt.jpg

20 hours ago, Oldie said:

I think the best will be everyone decides for himself if he wants to risk to go to entertainment venues. I don't go and I even avoid to meet people that are hanging around there every night. But I am a careful person that can't even remember anymore when I had a disease caused by a virus or bacteria. But for sure I am not immortal too. 

No one has been more careful than my wife and I, my wife only went to shops when food was needed, she somehow caught Covid and then passed on to me, thankfully we’re both ok now, but you can never be too careful.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Jorgendk said:

"How hard is it to pick a date and stick with it?"

Have you ewer know any Thais doing that ???

Be happy that they didn't say "tomorrow". The Thai tomorrow that never comes...

22 hours ago, Oldie said:

I think the best will be everyone decides for himself if he wants to risk to go to entertainment venues. I don't go and I even avoid to meet people that are hanging around there every night. But I am a careful person that can't even remember anymore when I had a disease caused by a virus or bacteria. But for sure I am not immortal too. 

I'll give it a miss. Lockdown no problem for me. Hope the key gets lost that opened up.

9 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And do you expect that the bars make any money with your happy hour drinks?

I reckon most such promotions would be pulled given the lost several months of business. I'll happily pay regular price to support them. It'll be well worth it having missed such a comforting environment and draft beer. I also want to order some tacos, and I tip well. ????????????

• Like 1