Bangkok nightlife given green light to re-open as more restrictions eased nationwide

Jonathan Fairfield

10 minutes ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

I reckon most such promotions would be pulled given the lost several months of business. I'll happily pay regular price to support them. It'll be well worth it having missed such a comforting environment and draft beer. I also want to order some tacos, and I tip well. ????????????

I agree with you.

But I also know that there are lots of people out there who have to be more careful how they spend their money. So if there is a happy hour somewhere they go there.

The worst I ever saw like that was in Phnom Penh. One bar offered beers for 0.5 USD per bottle for happy hour. Then suddenly the bar was empty. I asked a waitress what's going on. She told me happy hour was over and now a beer would cost 1 USD. And all the people who paid until now 0.5 USD would go next door which had still happy hour for 0.75 USD.

I hope I never have to worry about 0.5 USD more or less for a bottle of beer.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

What the . . . ??? Blogger Richard Barrow just reported less than half an hour ago that the reopening starts today. 

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1364156766938796032

Can’t they just make their ******* minds up??

Probably most bars now won’t open today because they believed the 1 Mar thing and told staff not to come... ????

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

I messaged an Irish pub out here at Phra Khanong. The reply to my message, which came in less than a minute,  said they're serving normally from TODAY. They said "We’ve had the police come in and tell us we’re allowed to sell."  Cool. And Richard Barrow was right.

I went for a walk this afternoon and saw that happy hour signs were back out at several restaurants near me, and a number of bars had reopened as well. Others remained closed, though, but I have no idea whether that's because they weren't able to notify staff in time or because there's confusion as to what is actually allowed (this is in the Thonglor police district).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I agree with you.

But I also know that there are lots of people out there who have to be more careful how they spend their money. So if there is a happy hour somewhere they go there.

The worst I ever saw like that was in Phnom Penh. One bar offered beers for 0.5 USD per bottle for happy hour. Then suddenly the bar was empty. I asked a waitress what's going on. She told me happy hour was over and now a beer would cost 1 USD. And all the people who paid until now 0.5 USD would go next door which had still happy hour for 0.75 USD.

I hope I never have to worry about 0.5 USD more or less for a bottle of beer.

25 cent happy hour in Sihanoukeville, and the crowd thinned as well.  Been a while, but we had GH Happy Hour from 1430-1500 across the street from my Uni.. 10 cent beers.  The GH was for General Hospital, that came on at 1500.

Interesting,

So the "Emergency Decree " is extended to March....so we can still imprison our youth and Anti government protesters, but everyone else can now go to the bars? 

What? 

So, let's get drunk tomorrow night and keep our minds from government reform?

As far as the vaccines.... Let's have the upper military commanders, and high political ministers and deputy ministers step up to the plate first!

Check back on how they're feeling in 2 weeks or less. 

Buyer Beware.

15 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Unfortunately business is more complicated than opening a little and making a little money. Some bar owners made deals with landlords that as long as the bar is closed they have to pay a substantially lower rent. If they open again they have to pay rent again. And some cost don't work half way. If you have to keep the beer cold the fridges have to run 24/7, not just for a couple of hours a day. The bar has to be cleaned daily, and and and. Lots of cost which don't change much if a bar is open for 6 hours or for 12 hours.

I have a friend who is a bar owner. He prefers to keep his bar closed. Not because he doesn't like to make money. He just doesn't like to work and lose even more money.

I owned a bar myself for a few years and managed a few gogos. You don't have to keep the fridges on 24 hours a day and cleaners are cheap. Even when things are in full swing not all bars will make it. In my post i said " a chance for some" which imho is better than no chance for any

>dancing is not allowed

because if you dance, the loose fragments of DNA and RNA in your bodily fluids might jiggle around to spontaneously arrange themselves like a jigsaw puzzle to form a virus, and not just any virus, thats right! The covid 19 virus! 
Those clever government ministers, they really think these things thru so we don't have to.

Certain dances are worse than others, anyone caught doing a 60bpm dubstep to 'Sweet chil 'o' mine' goes straight in the bangkok hilton
/sarc

the whole things a load a **** an we all know it