Thailand gives emergency use authorisation for Sinovac's COVID-19 vaccine: official

snoop1130

Thailand gives emergency use authorisation for Sinovac's COVID-19 vaccine: official

2021-02-22T124804Z_1_LYNXMPEH1L0QQ_RTROPTP_4_HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-VACCINE-CHINA.JPG

FILE PHOTO: A staff member places a coronavirus vaccine candidate from Sinovac Biotech Ltd at its booth for display during the 2020 China International Fair for Trade in Services (CIFTIS), following the COVID-19 outbreak, in Beijing, China September 5, 2020. REUTERS/Tingshu Wang

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand's Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has given emergency use authorisation for Sinovac Biotech's coronavirus vaccine, a senior official told Reuters on Monday.

"The FDA has approved or registered Sinovac's COVID-19 vaccine for conditional emergency use, effective Feb. 22," FDA deputy secretary-general Surachok Tangwiwat said, adding it was valid for one year.

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2021-02-22

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Captain_Bob said:

And the first guinea pig to get a photo-op much needed boost of voter confidence is... 

There’s no way he’ll get the Chinese one. Remember that there are 50,000 or so doses of AZ on the way here, or already here. Who do you think they are for? Not Joe Public, that’s for sure. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, khwaibah said:

image.png.debdf8b762c88c59fe42e902a8b54008.png

Prayut to get first Sinovac shot despite claiming it is unsuitable for those above 60

Feb 22. 2021

How do we know it's the Sinovac vaccine he will be getting ?? /...............LOL

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, misterjames said:

I wonder who will profit from this Chinese deal? notice they didn't want to join covax and rather this sinovax over astrazenica maybe because nobody is allowed to profit from it? no brown envelopes in it for them?

Joining Covax means middle income countries (like Thailand) foot the bill for the whole program and they have no choice on which vaccine they get. They could potentially get a better deal for the vaccine they want if they negotiate directly.

41 minutes ago, 10baht said:

The whole point people are missing is transmission of the virus is not prevented by those vaccinated. Thus, quarantine will continue and no tourists until Thailand achieves herd immunity.

Source? Again, this has not been proven either way.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rabas said:

It used to be.

There is a continuing stream of new variants like UK, South Africa, and Brazil's P.1 that all vaccines must deal with. The US just reported the first 'recombinant' event between the UK and a new California strain.

This opens the door to the next stage, virus-vaccine wars! Although ultimately man will win, Sinovac will likely again come up short.

Remember, Sinovac's vaccine is what China is selling overseas. Recall China's belated warnings about the virus as it bought up up the world's masks. The CCP frequently demonstrates its lack of interest in the world's well being. Do you want their vaccine?

Yes, I'd take it if it was offered to me. 

Ultimately my goal is to prevent me from becoming seriously ill from covid19 in the next year.  I believe it would help.

11 hours ago, misterjames said:

I wonder who will profit from this Chinese deal? notice they didn't want to join covax and rather this sinovax over astrazenica maybe because nobody is allowed to profit from it? no brown envelopes in it for them?

People on this forum keep saying the CP guy owns 14 percent.