My Issan 10kw on grid solar project fully installed by contractors 337,500bht

Quick update.. Contractors sending a bloke to fix  performance readout next Friday. The Issan Luv Machine told them I wanted my money back and that they had to come and collect the solar panels.!! True Story.. My approach was different which was I was getting Fizzed off and they will be talking to my Solicitor if not fixed before Songran... Apparently the fix it man is the best in the country and can even make it work of a night time..!!! I wont bother with figures but I am bouncing below the meter read slowly over a few days only to lose it with a cloudy day... Like walking up the stairs and catching the lift back down. Will update as it develops.

• Haha 1

On 23/02/2021 at 17:34, Crossy said:

La question est donc: comment se déroule la paperasse PEA?

À quoi êtes-vous inscrit exactement?

An excellent question that few people can answer I studied and installed a set of 5KW PV ongrid as well as a 5.5 KVA generator the set has been working perfectly for 6 months
So I proceeded to my request for an export contract on the grid
know that it is not PEA which examines the file and finances the takeover but the energy ERC

Request recording is only online the process for VSPP is very long (3 -6 months) 

office of BKK which gives its agreement and transfers the file to the Provincial energy office
First of all there are requirements and an installation certification to do this is what I did an Engineer came to check the conformity of my installation which requires certain technical provisions in accordance with the standard for the Mono phase it this is the M3 plan
moreover, be aware that any installation with panels placed on the ground is not eligible
The PV and their grounding in wells must be dedicated and not be connected to that of the house
Protective surges must be installed as well as other provisions
Please note that inverters must be part of the official list recently released by the PEA and MWA operators
reminder it is strictly forbidden to connect your installation to the public network without authorization from the unencrypted operator to run the meter upside down
the risk of sanction if the operator finds out about the thing, he will install a way acronym at your expense, i.e. around 10,000 baht and may, in accordance with the regulations, recover the amount of sums that have escaped him by the drastic amount of the counting
I therefore attach you the general installation plan of my set
an example of the obvious advantage of the gain on the last invoice of Feb-March 2021

My installation is searchable by the public here  https://www.solarmanpv.com/portal/Terminal/TerminalMain.aspx?pid=130304

For any questions you can contact me through my Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/bernard.duleroy.5/

All my information is free and without intention of  monetization 

image.png.e8c030f25cd5729a37d41815dbe68902.pngimage.png.bb4d0a8fde1dd3b9dc93a7b187c73e0d.pngimage.png.ae871765630e81391f43b02979a98721.png

image.png.9ce2f8c546e333165be7fd909669e256.png

image.png.0f7e005d96b07eed3a850c30918a4f4d.png

image.png

On 23/02/2021 at 22:21, Thaifish said:

Je suis le jour 4 dans la mise en service de l'unité ... Les questions que vous posez sont difficiles mais je vais répondre avec ce que je vois .. Il y a eu des tas d'interruptions sur l'unité. Nous avons eu une panne de courant pendant 4 heures (arrêt solaire) + un affichage d'avertissement majeur apparaît qui, à travers le système, s'est éteint, a augmenté et s'est arrêté pendant quelques heures. L'avertissement a été déclenché par une surtension du fournisseur d'électricité. J'ai remarqué que depuis que le solaire est allumé, nous obtenons environ 230V ... avant qu'il ne soit autour de 210V ... si tôt dans la scène avec le soleil toute la journée.

Les finances ont l'air mieux que ce à quoi je m'attendais .. Je m'attendais à une production de 40kw mais ça a l'air de 60kw par jour !!! les premiers temps. J'ai de gros problèmes avec les lectures de l'ordinateur et du téléphone, mais le chiffre de production semble proche.

La meilleure estimation à ce stade avec seuil de rentabilité est de 5 ans 11 mois. La consommation moyenne est de 1196Kw p / m ou 5,0000bht. Coût par Kw 4,18 Bht. Le compteur a en moyenne 13,3 Kw de gain après une nuit de consommation .. : -)

Est-ce que je gagne de l'argent en vendant au réseau? .... Oui, comme l'a confirmé mon Terak à Nang Rong PEA aujourd'hui. Le prix d'achat est de 1,96 Bht Kw .. J'attends toujours l'installation du compteur intelligent ... cela pourrait prendre jusqu'à 6 mois ?? C'est la Thaïlande ... Mètre payé en installation 4K Bht .. donc en cours sur des chiffres supérieurs à environ 731Bht par mois.

Amortissement et durée de vie prévue? Aucune idée ... Livré avec une garantie de 5 ans ... toux toux ... l'argent payé le jour est lorsque la garantie s'arrête en Thaïlande. Les onduleurs ont 5 ans ... Peut durer 10 si chanceux ... vraiment chanceux ... Panneaux solaires peut-être 20 ans ... 1 coup de foudre peut changer tout cela .. Le système est mis à la terre pour un tel événement.

Entretien prévu ... Nettoyez les panneaux photovoltaïques tous les six mois, ce qui est inclus dans le coût d'installation pour les 5 prochaines années .... C'était une surprise dans le contrat ...

Coût de réparation?? aucune idée ... 5 ans de garantie pour s'inquiéter à ce sujet ...

image.png.c084a0b659429d8ad846a447252d8df8.png

On 3/28/2021 at 12:06 AM, SPREX said:

reminder it is strictly forbidden to connect your installation to the public network without authorization from the unencrypted operator to run the meter upside down
the risk of sanction if the operator finds out about the thing, he will install a way acronym at your expense, i.e. around 10,000 baht and may, in accordance with the regulations, recover the amount of sums that have escaped him by the drastic amount of the counting

SPREX it looks like you have already done the hard yards getting set up to sell extra KW back to PEA. I have been warned it is a mammoth task. I am on the waiting list for the smart meter already paid for in the installation.. Maybe 1 month to 5 months to go now. In hindsight after 6 short weeks of installation I am wondering if the smart meter was the way to go. On average I have been consuming 10KWH more than what has been produced in a 24 Hr period. The old meter I have appears to spins backwards at the same speed as it does forward with similar Amp's. I was of the understanding that the meter would be ratcheted and spin backwards at a slower rate. The Smart meter may go backwards at a slower rate.... ie be ratcheted?? I don't know.. Time will tell... What I do know is the old meter is a great storage of excess power. I'm sort of wishing to keep it now. The installers and My Issan Luv Machine are not concerned about the feedback of power back into the grid and PEA finding out.  (famous last words)!!!

On a bonus side of not exporting excess power back into the grid means I have not over capitalized with a 10Kw system. I am effectively getting a return of 4.2bht/KWH produced instead of 2.21Bht/KWH selling price. I was quoted by Nang Rong PEA 1.96Bht purchase price P/KWH verbally but I would agree more with your purchase price of 2.21Bht (2021). I read that also in some PEA literature.  

6 hours ago, Thaifish said:

As promised the Installers turned up Friday to fix my software issue with readouts. The Image below is from today showing what went on with production and consumption. We had 10/10 high cloud which ended up as rain after the sun went down. Not a good day for solar but the graph explains the software system is working which also compares with my manual Grid Meter readings.   I now have a plethora of information available on my computer. Maybe to much info than what I actually need!!!! Shows everything about the system... Will update through the week with how the contactors rectified the software and some of the readouts I'm seeing now... 

Solar readout.png

64 too high, 16 too low ...........

Let's hope for a sunny day so we can see if my prediction of 35 units/day is correct.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BritManToo said:

64 too high, 16 too low ...........

Let's hope for a sunny day so we can see if my prediction of 35 units/day is correct.

Another day as it happens.... Noticed production not as good again as I would have expected even with clouds the last few days.. Slowly getting in sink with what I would expect with the installation performance..  Even though all lights blinking green like " Thunderbirds are Go" Something appeared amiss. With software operating now I picked up that one of the inverters was not operating since the tech guys were here. A phone call to Contractors and 30 minutes later the errant inverter is back working again. All rectified by internet connection. I could see that the inverter had not started up as the software tells you down to the second the start up time and shutdown time. The production attachment below shows a bump in production around 1430 hrs when 2nd inverter was kicked in by Contractor and the other attachment shows hours etc inverter online for the day..  

I hope I beat 35 units... I'm confident I will.... In fact I'm sure I will....

1430hrs 2nd inverter online.png

1 Inverter down.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Thaifish,

Do you mind to share your installer for your place as I am keen in this Huawei system as well. I am currently using this system in Malaysia and would like to install the same system my place in Kanchanaburi as well with the similar setup I currently have

- 5kwh

- 12 x 410w jinko panels

Thank you.

Cheers,

Loen

D1B4016F-553E-46E5-8F99-161A84AA27B3.jpeg

3562335A-EC32-4B9E-A7B0-7E0E1846FDD7.jpeg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, yeikloen said:

Do you mind to share your installer for your place as I am keen in this Huawei system as well.

No problems.... The link to their homepage is below.. I will PM a direct phone contact also.

Good to see someone happy to stick with the Huawei product after a previous installation.  

dragonenergysolar.com

There is a quick quote available on the home page.

Edited by Thaifish
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

covid keeps putting it bacck

Covid actually helped me fund the project. I was stuck in Ozz for 9 months and my pot of gold over here was not being spent. I'm the same. I want a return on investment but if it takes a while and I get free A/C while it happens then I can live with that.... 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

My production for April.... 1.15MWH. I had my software issue with readouts sorted on the 6th so a bit dubious about accuracy although my manual readings from the Grid Meter appear to agree with the production. As you can see consumption is higher than production. A few words where had with the "Freeloaders" end of month about maybe they could close windows and doors while the A/C is on and turn the lights off when not being used!!!! etc etc etc. (Need to make a note to myself to count no solar panels missing). The wet season has kicked in early this year with afternoon cumulus build up and lightning to boot. I'm happy with production....

Solar Production 0421.png

• Like 1

Looking good ???? It does sound better to talk about Mega-Watt hours rather than kilo-Watt hours ????

With the grandkids here for the duration and me working from home we have a similar issue with local consumption levels (although I am saving on fuel and road tolls) ???? 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Monday 31/5/21 and PEA turned up and installed a new meter. Yep no feedback to the grid. Hindsight!! Should have set system to non export around meter read time. Anyway no hassles and no fines.. Was exporting low 20kwh to sometimes 30Kwh back into the grid so now it is just wasted power going nowhere. Obviously a big bight on ROI also!!! So now still waiting on the already purchased Smart Grid Meter 4 and a  half months ago to come from Korat PEA so Nang Rong PEA can install. I don't know how the new meter still waiting on works with feed back into the grid. I am hoping it is 1 for 1 and the leftover when the meter is read you get the rebate 2.2bht p/Kwh. In other words I hope it is not ratcheted so export Kw is the same as whats being fed back into the Bahn..

My monthly output below.... Averaging 40kwh production per/day. Can't complain about that with a lot of cloudy days and rainy afternoons..On the 1st day of the month the grid was down for 5 hrs...and of course a sunny day... 1.24Mwh production for the month.

For the hell of it I am getting a quote for a Huawei Battery with 25KWH supply for overnight consumption.. I know the cost will be over the top...

Screenshot_2021-06-01 ส้ม สุภัค10k.png

Edited by Thaifish
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Thaifish said:

Monday 31/5/21 and PEA turned up and installed a new meter. Yep no feedback to the grid. Hindsight!! Should have set system to non export around meter read time. Anyway no hassles and no fines.. Was exporting low 20kwh to sometimes 30Kwh back into the grid so now it is just wasted power going nowhere. Obviously a big bight on ROI also!!!

Install an ice making machine and sell the ice or mine cryptocurrencies ????

Edited by gamb00ler
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Is it a conventional or electronic meter?

There is a report that the electronic meters actually bill for power going in both directions!! I'd certainly set to zero export now, no point giving PEA energy for nothing.

Obviously this won't be an issue for you once you get your proper export meter. It might be a idea to chase up on that just in case they have "forgotten".

My understanding is that the export meter logs the power you send to the grid and the power you use from the grid separately (it knows nothing of power you generate and use internally). PEA pay you for what you export (2.x Baht per unit) and charge you for what you import (4.x Baht per unit). So you are effectively being charged 2.x Baht per unit by PEA to "store" energy (could make that battery pack more attractive).

It will be interesting to see what the Huawei pack costs compared with a DIY solution.

We are in process expanding our system (got to extend the car port first) and I'm seriously considering going hybrid despite the increased cost to avoid issues with PEA. The emergency power source (UPS mode) would be a bonus.

true but a Huawei battery pack , bought in Thailand would be extremely expensive . It will never pay back for it themselves , depending on the choice you make , since also the "officially" installed solar grid tie already costs at least double of a non official version . So either you go non official , hybrid with a battery pack ( lifepo4 batteries not expensive anymore but getting packs are more of a issue , plenty of sellers on lazada , but very limited supply + do not forget a BMS ) , or go official and forget about batteries . Higher investment , but plug and play , no need to worry about anything .

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Crossy said:

PEA pay you for what you export (2.x Baht per unit)

Should be 2.2 THB per kWh since January. Raised from ridicolous 1.68 THB. Still too low but I would suggest the OP to sign up now that they block his export anyways. Might as well get at least half of the money instead of nothing.

3 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

Should be 2.2 THB per kWh since January. Raised from ridicolous 1.68 THB. Still too low but I would suggest the OP to sign up now that they block his export anyways. Might as well get at least half of the money instead of nothing.

Yeah, I thought it was 2.something hence the "x".

He's already signed up, just waiting for the export meter (4 months now).

I always thought it would be incredibly sexy to use solar panels to make my house completely energy self-sufficient. Particularly with a view to having power during a blackout.

But I see it's more expensive than I thought, and not easy at all. I had read that but good to see your hands on experience. Good stuff.

• Like 2

Solar panel suppliers in Germany told me you can only satisfy 80% of energy requirements for a family home (unfortunately I have wife and kids so my energy consumption is unreal), but I think that is not the case, given enough outlay you could probably make a house in Thailand 100% energy self-sufficient, even for a family of 4.

But the outlay is considerable, and looking at the OP's posts I see that the components do not last a lifetime, have to be renewed, cleaned. It's not as hassle free as I thought. And you keep incurring cost, albeit it's clearly worth it in the long run.