My Issan 10kw on grid solar project fully installed by contractors 337,500bht

7 hours ago, Thaifish said:

I saw it it peak at 229Volt before solar shut down on protection mode. I have seen it around 210V at an opposite side of scale.

I wish our voltage stayed within that range, yesterday ranged from 209.8V to 234V (max was at peak solar so the voltage was being pushed up by the export) although it is often below 200V, max recorded was 245V.

The +-10% promised by PEA is 198V to 242V so your inverter should operate at least within that range. Ours is specced at 180-276V but the actual cut-off level is controlled by a "country" setting, could be worth checking what yours is actually set to.

7 hours ago, Thaifish said:

The Bahn is 3.3km  from village

Is that a 3.3km run at 220V or do you have a more local transformer? Such a long run will have a significant resistance which would lead to a large volt-drop on load and a significant volt-rise on export.

• Like 1
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Folks give me a few days to put this together. My system has been up and running for only 4 days and I would call it a commissioning stage. There was a black out 4 hours from grid day 3 which did not

so... what do the financials on this project look like? how long until break even? do you make money by selling power to the grid? what's the duration of amortization vs. expected lifetime o

You can save a lot of money by shopping around and paying a local sparky to install it.   I have 2 installations, first one is 8.6Kw in panels on a Must 6Kw Grid-Tied inverter, total insulat

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Crossy said:

Is that a 3.3km run at 220V or do you have a more local transformer? Such a long run will have a significant resistance which would lead to a large volt-drop on load and a significant volt-rise on export.

There is a transformer about 300mt up the road with 2 phases coming in (3 wires total...(hope I got my phases correct this time!!) coming in). The supply then branches out to the tapioca and vegetable plantations with about 6km of wiring. Only supplying power to water pumps and the odd light after our Bahn supply.

18 minutes ago, Thaifish said:

There is a transformer about 300mt up the road with 2 phases coming in (3 wires total...(hope I got my phases correct this time!!) coming in). The supply then branches out to the tapioca and vegetable plantations with about 6km of wiring. Only supplying power to water pumps and the odd light after our Bahn supply.

Just to confuse you 3 wires on big insulators is 3-phase at 25kV or so (it's a delta connection so no neutral). Does it have 4 low voltage wires (smaller insulators)? It is possible that PEA brought 3-phase HV (only 1 more wire than single-phase HV) then banged a single-phase transformer on the end.

With only 300m or so of 220V and only you as a significant load that should be reasonably solid voltage wise, so one does wonder why you are having cutouts on over/under voltage.

Definitely time to talk to your contractor.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Crossy said:

Just to confuse you 3 wires on big insulators is 3-phase at 25kV or so (it's a delta connection so no neutral)

I think I need to go to 101school learning phases. I will stick to just counting the wires.

Does it have 4 low voltage wires (smaller insulators)? No cannot see.

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

Definitely time to talk to your contractor

Phone call and Email sent to contractor this morning. Pointed out my performance readout issues and attached the photos below to compare. The second image readout is over a 24hr period and shows what I would expect to see. I mentioned that I think it is the Chinese Power Sensor unit not giving correct values and that they should install a Huawei Sensor.

Solar power graph outage 270221.png

Proper Display Solar readout.png

Edited by Thaifish
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Thaifish said:

Nuisance tripping from varying grid voltage.

Most certified inverters have grid parameters set to meet the supply authority spec which can be quite strict with the re-connection after fault voltages.

I am sure the Thai authority have provided a voltage spec to Huawei but doubt if it has considered the many areas on its grid suffering from large voltage swings.

I believe most Huawei inverters provide some adjustment to the upper and lower cut off levels including their timers.

This would likely require a special installer code and application to access low level settings. 

• Like 2