Qatar Airlines? 🤔️🤔️

On 2/22/2021 at 6:54 PM, bermondburi said:

To answer my own question, Qatar is still flying but they're only showing flights up to the 27th of March on the website. Presumably in time they'll show flights in April as well. 

Okay. Panic over. 

Nope.. Qatar Airways are showing flights well beyond that.

Try Bangkok - Doha without any onward leg to Saudi. Also try with a different browser or clear your cache. 

BKK-DOH is fine, that's not the issue.

It's the DOH-RUH segment that WAS not showing past ~ 26 Mar

either as BKK-RUH or BKK-DOH-RUH

All that said, looks like the DOH-RUH is now loaded for April, bit looks like it is NOT daily service. but rather 4X weekly, Mo We Th Sa, so you'll have to book one of those DOW specifically.

7 hours ago, DFPhuket said:

Qatar is flying twice a day from Bangkok to Doha. 

Yesterday I booked round trip flights (BKK/DOH/ORD) in early May with a return in late June. If you're not seeing available flights, it must just be an issue with the particular Saudi city you're choosing.

Been playing around on the app and I've found the issue. It's not the Bangkok Doha leg that's the issue, it's Doha Riyadh. As things stand there are no direct flights showing after 27th March. 

I'm presuming that because this route only opened up last month due to the embargo they're still seeing how the demand is, and they'll be showing updated direct flights soon, which will then connect with the Bangkok leg. 

It was full when I flew from to Doha to Riyadh, and fairly full when a colleague arrived yesterday. 

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Nope.. Qatar Airways are showing flights well beyond that.

Try Bangkok - Doha without any onward leg to Saudi. Also try with a different browser or clear your cache. 

I'm in the app, and that's no good to me. I know I can go to Doha but I don't want to. 

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

BKK-DOH is fine, that's not the issue.

It's the DOH-RUH segment that WAS not showing past ~ 26 Mar

either as BKK-RUH or BKK-DOH-RUH

All that said, looks like the DOH-RUH is now loaded for April, bit looks like it is NOT daily service. but rather 4X weekly, Mo We Th Sa, so you'll have to book one of those DOW specifically.

Agreed. But the Doha Riyadh flights in April are not direct. Showing up as going via Kuwait or Oman etc taking 8 or 10 hours!

I'm hoping this will change nearer the time to a direct flight and then can book from Bangkok with no issues. 

I'll keep checking every few days I guess and see what happens. 

15 hours ago, bermondburi said:

I'll keep checking every few days I guess and see what happens. 

What are the travel dates?

17 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Strange, these (direct, non-stop DOH-RUH) showed yesterday. Today they do not show.

Drop QR a DM, or just keep checking.

Can't see why they wouldn't keep this service after 26 Mar. Looks like two flights now but both are not dailies: QR1164 (xTH) and QR 1166 (xTU).

And it's not like a flight will sell out.