90 day report without a permanent fixed residence

Hi

I have a question about 90 day reports. If I am staying in hotels for 5-6 days per time, in different locations, and do not have a fixed address, what do i do for my TM30? I presently staying at the Marriot this week and next week need to go to Chaing Mai. I was wondering should I take something to immigration with me or do i need to ask the hotel for something?

Just now, DrJack54 said:

I suggest you do one 90 day report. You can use a TM30.

After that just travel wherever. Do your 90 reports online keeping your reported address the same.

But to do the one 90 day report, i would need a TM30?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, gordog said:

Experts will advise.

Personally I would tell my hotel that I want a TM30 filed and that you want a print out of receipt. Easy for them to do. If they said cannot then I would choose another hotel.

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, gordog said:

Depending on your long term plans, you could elect to skip 90 day reports. The fine is 2000baht. Would be an issue if you need to deal with immigration for things such as residence certificate etc.

It's the hotels responsibility to file a TM30.

Just submit your 90 day report, if a TM30 hasn't been filed just give them the name of the hotel.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

It's the hotels responsibility to file a TM30.

Just submit your 90 day report, if a TM30 hasn't been filed just give them the name of the hotel.

I'm not so sure. Recently at MTT in queue for 90 report the chap in front of me waiting for doc check was moved on due to no TM30.

In my case with annual extension and previous 90 report it was simple. 

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I'm not so sure. Recently at MTT in queue for 90 report the chap in front of me waiting for doc check was moved on due to no TM30.

In my case with annual extension and previous 90 report it was simple. 

He's staying in hotels which is different than staying in a private residential house.

Pick an office to do you all your 90 day reports to and do them online or by mail after you do the first one. The TM30 reports done by hotels and etc will not change your address for that office.

What type of visa or extension of stay do you have? If an extension of stay your reports to the office that did your extension.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Pick an office to do you all your 90 day reports to and do them online or by mail after you do the first one. The TM30 reports done by hotels and etc will not change your address for that office.

What type of visa or extension of stay do you have? If an extension of stay your reports to the office that did your extension.

My problem is doing the first one. 

Immigration websites say they need a TM30 for the 90 day report. Do I just go to immigration without one and tell them my hotel name? (have the hotels done my tm30 already?), or do i need to ask my hotel for a document?

When is your 90 day report due and where will you be at that time.

Just confirm with the hotel they have filed a TM30 as you have to make a 90 day report.

If they haven't, they certainly will as soon as you've spoken to them. 😉

Just ask the hotel for a Screenshot of the TM30 which they do for you and take this to immigration.

There is no difference between a hotel or any other place you stay at, always the same procedure

2 hours ago, gordog said:

My problem is doing the first one. 

Immigration websites say they need a TM30 for the 90 day report. Do I just go to immigration without one and tell them my hotel name? (have the hotels done my tm30 already?), or do i need to ask my hotel for a document?

You are fully correct that without a TM-30 filed notifying the local IO of the province where you are staying, that this is your 'current address for Immigration purposes' that you will not be able to do your 90-day report.  This because the 90-day report is nothing more than a confirmation that your 'official address for immigration purposes' has not changed.

But it will depend on which Visa you are currently staying in Thailand, whether your local IO will accept the TM-30 that your Hotel has filed when you checked in there, as your 'current address'.

When you entered VisaExempt or on a Tourist Visa, your local IO will accept that, as it is only normal that tourists stay at different places.  But if you are here on a longer-term Visa (which I expect you are, otherwise you would have already had to extend that short-term VE or TV entry), they normally would want a longer-term commitment from the place that you are staying (e.g. a rental agreement with 3 months paid in advance).  

I recommend that you ask the Hotel where you are currently staying to provide you with a print-out of the TM-30 notification which they made when you checked in there.  And that you visit your local IO with that TM-30 notification print-out, your passport and the filled-in TM-47 (90-day report) form.

The very first 90-day report has to be done in person at your local IO, and can be done from 15 days before till 6 days after 'notification due date'.  

Once you have your first 90-day report approved, you can do the next ones on-line or per regular mail.  No problem, travelling Thailand during your stay, but your subsequent 90-day reports would have to to be sent to the Imm Office where your official address for Imm purposes is located.  And if your really 'settle down' somewhere, it would then be advised to relocate to that address by filing a TM-30 'for relocation purposes' in person at the provincial Imm Office where you are residing.   

@Peter Denis

I'm not sure what the OP has regarding his permission of stay. Perhaps annual extension? Anyway my question...I thought he was required to do first extension in person or via mail at the immigration office where he obtained his extension?

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

...I thought he was required to do first extension in person or via mail at the immigration office where he obtained his extension?

Clearly made error and cannot edit now.

What I meant to type was...."I thought he was required to do first 90 report in person or via mail at the immigration office where he obtained his extension"

Edited by DrJack54