90 day report without a permanent fixed residence

Hi

I have a question about 90 day reports. If I am staying in hotels for 5-6 days per time, in different locations, and do not have a fixed address, what do i do for my TM30? I presently staying at the Marriot this week and next week need to go to Chaing Mai. I was wondering should I take something to immigration with me or do i need to ask the hotel for something?

Just now, DrJack54 said:

I suggest you do one 90 day report. You can use a TM30.

After that just travel wherever. Do your 90 reports online keeping your reported address the same.

But to do the one 90 day report, i would need a TM30?

2 minutes ago, gordog said:

Experts will advise.

Personally I would tell my hotel that I want a TM30 filed and that you want a print out of receipt. Easy for them to do. If they said cannot then I would choose another hotel.

24 minutes ago, gordog said:

Depending on your long term plans, you could elect to skip 90 day reports. The fine is 2000baht. Would be an issue if you need to deal with immigration for things such as residence certificate etc.

9 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

It's the hotels responsibility to file a TM30.

Just submit your 90 day report, if a TM30 hasn't been filed just give them the name of the hotel.

I'm not so sure. Recently at MTT in queue for 90 report the chap in front of me waiting for doc check was moved on due to no TM30.

In my case with annual extension and previous 90 report it was simple. 

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I'm not so sure. Recently at MTT in queue for 90 report the chap in front of me waiting for doc check was moved on due to no TM30.

In my case with annual extension and previous 90 report it was simple. 

He's staying in hotels which is different than staying in a private residential house.

Pick an office to do you all your 90 day reports to and do them online or by mail after you do the first one. The TM30 reports done by hotels and etc will not change your address for that office.

What type of visa or extension of stay do you have? If an extension of stay your reports to the office that did your extension.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Pick an office to do you all your 90 day reports to and do them online or by mail after you do the first one. The TM30 reports done by hotels and etc will not change your address for that office.

What type of visa or extension of stay do you have? If an extension of stay your reports to the office that did your extension.

My problem is doing the first one. 

Immigration websites say they need a TM30 for the 90 day report. Do I just go to immigration without one and tell them my hotel name? (have the hotels done my tm30 already?), or do i need to ask my hotel for a document?

When is your 90 day report due and where will you be at that time.

Just confirm with the hotel they have filed a TM30 as you have to make a 90 day report.

If they haven't, they certainly will as soon as you've spoken to them. ????

2 hours ago, gordog said:

My problem is doing the first one. 

Immigration websites say they need a TM30 for the 90 day report. Do I just go to immigration without one and tell them my hotel name? (have the hotels done my tm30 already?), or do i need to ask my hotel for a document?

You are fully correct that without a TM-30 filed notifying the local IO of the province where you are staying, that this is your 'current address for Immigration purposes' that you will not be able to do your 90-day report.  This because the 90-day report is nothing more than a confirmation that your 'official address for immigration purposes' has not changed.

But it will depend on which Visa you are currently staying in Thailand, whether your local IO will accept the TM-30 that your Hotel has filed when you checked in there, as your 'current address'.

When you entered VisaExempt or on a Tourist Visa, your local IO will accept that, as it is only normal that tourists stay at different places.  But if you are here on a longer-term Visa (which I expect you are, otherwise you would have already had to extend that short-term VE or TV entry), they normally would want a longer-term commitment from the place that you are staying (e.g. a rental agreement with 3 months paid in advance).  

I recommend that you ask the Hotel where you are currently staying to provide you with a print-out of the TM-30 notification which they made when you checked in there.  And that you visit your local IO with that TM-30 notification print-out, your passport and the filled-in TM-47 (90-day report) form.

The very first 90-day report has to be done in person at your local IO, and can be done from 15 days before till 6 days after 'notification due date'.  

Once you have your first 90-day report approved, you can do the next ones on-line or per regular mail.  No problem, travelling Thailand during your stay, but your subsequent 90-day reports would have to to be sent to the Imm Office where your official address for Imm purposes is located.  And if your really 'settle down' somewhere, it would then be advised to relocate to that address by filing a TM-30 'for relocation purposes' in person at the provincial Imm Office where you are residing.   

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

...I thought he was required to do first extension in person or via mail at the immigration office where he obtained his extension?

Clearly made error and cannot edit now.

What I meant to type was...."I thought he was required to do first 90 report in person or via mail at the immigration office where he obtained his extension"

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

@Peter Denis

I'm not sure what the OP has regarding his permission of stay. Perhaps annual extension? Anyway my question...I thought he was required to do first extension in person or via mail at the immigration office where he obtained his extension?

Hence the question on what Visa type he entered Thailand.

- If he entered VisaExempt or on a 60-day Tourist Visa, he would have had to extend his permission to stay already and normally the Imm Office would require a TM-30 notification issued by the Hotel/Guesthouse he is staying;

- If he entered on an STV or 90-day Non Imm O Visa, the 90-day report would approx coincide with his application for an extension of stay (which would also require a TM-30 to be filed, but in that case the Imm Office might want to see a longer-term commitment than simply the Hotel-issued TM-30);

- if he entered on a 1-year Non Imm O-A Visa, he would have no need to apply yet for an extension, but he definitely would have to do the 90-day report (and in order to do that a TM-30 needs to be filed prior confirming the place where he will be staying long-term).

>> I was in that last case.  So I registered the house of my girlfriend where I was staying on the IO TM-30 website (and did that on her behalf).  Once confirmed (took 1-2 days) I then did sent a TM-30 on-line (once again on her behalf) that I - a foreigner - was staying at her premisses, and took a screenshot from that notification uploaded in the IO TM-30 database. 

After approx 90 days continually in Thailand I then visited my local Imm Office to do my very first 90-day report (first one has to be done in person).  Imm Officer asked about the TM-30 and I did show him the screenshot of having done that.  No problem, and 90-day report approved.  Since that first one I have been doing my 90 day reports on-line ever since (as my Imm Office is more than 1 hour drive from where I live).

Note: Having my girlfriend's house registered on the IO TM-30 website also allows to file the required TM-30 of any foreign guests staying over here.  There is no need for them me doing that (except when they would want to extend their permission to stay at my local IO), but it is required by Thai law and my girlfriend could be fined for not notifying local IO of a foreigner staying there.

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

@Peter Denis

I'm not sure what the OP has regarding his permission of stay. Perhaps annual extension? Anyway my question...I thought he was required to do first extension in person or via mail at the immigration office where he obtained his extension?

According to some of his previous posts in a different topic, he entered on an Elite Visa back in December.

24 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Doesn't the PE company provide service to do 90 day address reports for their customers? 

In Bangkok I believe they should, in other Provinces, no.

If he's still in Bangkok then he should contact them.

30 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Doesn't the PE company provide service to do 90 day address reports for their customers? 

The point is not so much about him doing a 90-day report, but whether the Imm Office where he would be doing that first one in person, would accept it without him having a 'permanent address for Immigration purposes'. 

3 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

The point is not so much about him doing a 90-day report, but whether the Imm Office where he would be doing that first one in person, would accept it without him having a 'permanent address for Immigration purposes'. 

That will depend on the immigration officer.

I did my first ever last August in person at MTT. I took along lease etc etc. Even had my rental receipts. I did not have a TM30.

The io basically wanted nothing. He looked at my TM47 and said do you live this condo. I replied yes. He then slid my 90 report slip to me. Yes that's only one experience but accurate. 

My guess is that if the OP has his hotel send a TM30 (also ask for them to print copy) then he will be 100% right to go.

2 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

There is no such thing as a "permanent address for Immigration purposes", the TM30 done by the hotel is as good as any other.

It also has nothing to do with what kind of visa he used to enter Thailand.

17 minutes ago, jackdd said:

There is no such thing as a "permanent address for Immigration purposes", the TM30 done by the hotel is as good as any other.

It also has nothing to do with what kind of visa he used to enter Thailand.

You are mistaken...

If you have done a one-year extension of your permission to stay, there should be no problem doing a 90-day report through the same office where you did your extension and using the same address you used at that time. At most offices, you can do this by mail if the online system is not working.

The difficulty usually arises when you want to apply for the one-year extension. Most offices dislike people who do not have proof of a long term rental agreement or other (semi-)permanent address.

Gordon,

Not telling us something? 

Let's keep it simple. Report in your district.  The same people with the same cameras and security, and the same guy at the same office, where you had your 1 year extension. 

You want to make more problems for yourself and/or others?

You will need you Tambien Baan, sooner than later.... 

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

If you have done a one-year extension of your permission to stay, there should be no problem doing a 90-day report through the same office where you did your extension and using the same address you used at that time.

23 minutes ago, Bradmeister said:

Let's keep it simple. Report in your district.  The same people with the same cameras and security, and the same guy at the same office, where you had your 1 year extension. 

5 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

According to some of his previous posts in a different topic, he entered on an Elite Visa back in December.

6 hours ago, Tanoshi said:
12 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

That is, indeed, important context. I would normally suggest doing a 90-day report using the address specified when entering the country (i.e. where you said you were going to be staying after quarantine) at whatever immigration office services that area. If you never, in fact, stayed at all at that address, try using the first address where you actually stayed, at the appropriate immigration office, but that might be queried.

3 hours ago, BritTim said:

That is, indeed, important context. I would normally suggest doing a 90-day report using the address specified when entering the country (i.e. where you said you were going to be staying after quarantine) at whatever immigration office services that area. If you never, in fact, stayed at all at that address, try using the first address where you actually stayed, at the appropriate immigration office, but that might be queried.

And obviously the address must be in the same province as the Imm Office where you will be doing that very first 90-day report..

12 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

You are mistaken...

If I'm mistaken we would see topics now and then where people who stay in hotels have problems to do a 90 day report, that we don't see such reports suggests that probably you are mistaken.

I wonder why multiple people here recommend to report a fake address (Which would be illegal. No i don't think anybody would be prosecuted for it), if there is really no problem to do it the correct way (get a printout of the TM30 from the hotel, take it to the IO and do the 90 day report)

Archived