U.S. Supreme Court sets the stage for release of Trump tax returns

webfact

Just now, heybruce said:

If true, none of them should ever hold public office.

but they only get elected to public office because they are part of the organized crime, it's like the chicken and the egg, which one came first

24 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

IMHO, one could say that ALL developers/building companies in NYC  have to deal with organized crime organizations like the mob. 

No question that, in those times, developers in NYC had to deal with "The Concrete Club" , as per Michael Franzese on YouTube
However, how many of those developers actually got into bed with the Russian Mob and allowed them to launder money through their business's ?
And before you ask for proof as a way of obfuscation, there are innumerable reputable sources and references of this online.
Or you could read the bestseller, "The Making of Donald Trump" by David Cay Johnston.  <-- very smart guy.

Edited by tilaceer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

Vance is not very smart, and is a lifelong Democrat like his Dad. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. I could be very wrong, but I suspect much ado about nothing.

Yeah, not so smart...that's why he has brought Mark Pomerantz on board...lol.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

There are not many brave enough to go after 'the mob' Juliano is one of the few, when he was the Attorney General. 

Well it’s all part of your attempt at a distraction anyway.

What we do know is a man with the right experience has been brought in to the prosecution team:

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/539544-manhattan-district-attorney-adds-prominent-prosecutor-in-trump-probe

Since your defense of Trump is now not an instance of innocence, but rather ‘Others were doing likewise’ you’ll understand this latest appointment is a very real threat to Trump’s liberty.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Credo said:

The investigation needs to be based on some credible reason.  They cannot just ask for the tax records and then go on a fishing expedition to see 'what they can find.'   

Unless the IRS is behind it, and it doesn't appear that they are, then they must have a credible reason based on reasonable suspicion.   

Quite correct and those reasons would have been presented to a citizen constituted Grand Jury. If they returned an indictment, they stated they believe there is enough evidence to pursue the charges.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Caldera said:

Excellent news, nobody is above the law and the prosecutor evidently needs access to the traitor ex president's tax records to see if there are any irregularities that point to criminal wrongdoing.

As far as I'm concerned, he can scream "witch hunt" all the way to prison, which is where his incredible journey is set to end. What a life, what a story!

Ah, the great American system ... a book deal in the making ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, tilaceer said:

I think you would have to agree, at the opposite end of the scale there are those who are/were extreme in their support of Trump, and by this extreme support fanned the flames, and are now looking at paying the cost. How is Lou Dobbs BTW ?

To be fair, there was a lot of fake news by CNN etc. Personally, I think there were more extremists against Trump than for him. I have a few friends on the US who befriended their Facebook friends just because of who they supported, very sad behavior against the rule of Democracy. 

No idea who Lou Dobbs is. 

• Like 1