Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

Entered on incorrect visa - extension


Recommended Posts

I went to do my 90 day report yesterday. Apparently I was stamped into Thailand with my on Non - O based on marriage. I should have been stamped in on my extension to stay multi entry. Both the visa and the extension were valid. I now have to go back to the airport today and change from the non O to the extension. I have been looking online but cant find the location of the immigration office at BKK. Does anyone know the location of the office?

  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • ubonjoe changed the title to Entered on incorrect visa - extension

What visa did you have. A non O-A or a ME non o (based on marriage). Where did you obtain the visa. I'm confused.

There is no immigration office at the airport.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem you have is why I suggest checking your stamp before the leaving the arrival immigration area.

Your local immigration office should be able to correct your entry stamp. 

If I recall correctly the immigration office is on the 3rd floor at Suvarnabhumi.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

What visa did you have. A non O-A or a ME non o (based on marriage). Where did you obtain the visa. I'm confused

He has a extension of stay stay with a re-entry permit and apparently a still valid multiple entry non-o visa. Immigration stamped him in for 90 days instead of using his re-entry permit.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DrJack54 said:

What visa did you have. A non O-A or a ME non o (based on marriage). Where did you obtain the visa. I'm confused

I had a non o based on marriage multi entry from Savannakhet. I had to change to an extension to stay multi entry based on marriage I obtained in Si Racha. When I entered Thailand this time they stamped me into the country on the non o based on marriage as it still had a few days left before expiry. I should have been stamped in on the extension which expires Dec 2021. This was flagged yesterday when I went for my 90 day report. According to Si Racha immigration I have to go back to the airport and change from the non O to the extension.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

He has a extension of stay stay with a re-entry permit and apparently a still valid multiple entry non-o visa. Immigration stamped him in for 90 days instead of using his re-entry permit.

Understand. 

So where does he go to have error fixed.

Where would they do it at airport

Edited by DrJack54
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Understand. 

So where does he go to have error fixed.

Where would they do it at airport

Si Racha immigration office told me I need to go back to the airport to fix the issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

So where does he go to have error fixed.

A local immigration office can do it they want to.

There is a immigration office at Suvarnabhumi. No sure about others.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, baneko said:

Si Racha immigration office told me I need to go back to the airport to fix the issue.

It might be worth effort to go the main office for Chonburi located in Jomtien. I think they would do it there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, baneko said:

Si Racha immigration office told me I need to go back to the airport to fix the issue.

Inconvenient but I guess best to sort it asap.

Bit surprised your local office can't fix the error.

Good luck.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I went back to the airport today. Fortunately I'm in Phanat Nikhom so only 1hr 20 away. The immigration office which used to be check in side is not open anymore. The airport was a ghost town. I called immigration and within 10 mins an officer met me on L5 check in area next to the King Power tax return. This is where they meet people with any issues. The officer left with my Passport and returned 10 minutes later. Problem solved  and re stamped. He also explained due to my Extension being multiple entry I no longer require a re-entry stamp. I was surprised. So if you have any issues and have to return to BKK to fix any visa issues you can call 021340320 and meet the immigration officer at King Power on the far right hand side of the terminal.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, baneko said:

 So if you have any issues and have to return to BKK to fix any visa issues you can call 021340320 and meet the immigration officer at King Power on the far right hand side of the terminal.

Excellent info. Glad it worked out OK.

Wonder re your options if you had flown onward to eg CNX.

Good result today. Your experience is good message to all to check your stamp as your leaving pp control

 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Excellent info. Glad it worked out OK.

Wonder re your options if you had flown onward to eg CNX.

Good result.

 

I would expect the problem could be fixed at the local immigration office. Unfortunately Si Racha immigration is not the best place to visit. It's the closest to where I live unfortunately. I think they deal with more Burmese, Cambodian and Laos visas than farangs. Their English is extremely limited. I can understand and speak Thai but not to a technical level regarding visas. I wont use them for my next extension if possible. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, baneko said:

...

The officer left with my Passport and returned 10 minutes later. Problem solved  and re stamped. He also explained due to my Extension being multiple entry I no longer require a re-entry stamp. I was surprised.

...

Glad for you the problem got solved fairly quickly.

But I am puzzled by the Immigration Officer's explanation, that you have a Multiple-Entry Extension and so not require any re-entry stamp.

Afaik extensions cannot be multiple-entry.  They simply state the date till which your permission to stay will be valid, and you need a Re-Entry Permit to protect the permission to stay from that Extension to keep it valid when exiting the country.

But in your case you also still had a valid 1-year Multipl-Entry Non Imm O Visa, and border-immigration stamped you in for 90-days based on that ME Non Imm O Visa.  While they should have stamped you in based on the Re-Entry Permit that protected your 1-year extension of stay.

So contrary to what the border immigration officer told you, you DID need that Re-Entry Permit.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

Glad for you the problem got solved fairly quickly.

But I am puzzled by the Immigration Officer's explanation, that you have a Multiple-Entry Extension and so not require any re-entry stamp.

Afaik extensions cannot be multiple-entry.  They simply state the date till which your permission to stay will be valid, and you need a Re-Entry Permit to protect the permission to stay from that Extension to keep it valid when exiting the country.

But in your case you also still had a valid 1-year Multipl-Entry Non Imm O Visa, and border-immigration stamped you in for 90-days based on that ME Non Imm O Visa.  While they should have stamped you in based on the Re-Entry Permit that protected your 1-year extension of stay.

So contrary to what the border immigration officer told you, you DID need that Re-Entry Permit.

 

I was also surprised so challenged him regarding this. Twice he pointed at the extension where it says 'multiple' and in english then thai to my wife said I don't require a re entry stamp. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, baneko said:

I was also surprised so challenged him regarding this. Twice he pointed at the extension where it says 'multiple' and in english then thai to my wife said I don't require a re entry stamp. 

 

Your extension (stamp) actually says "multiple"? I've never seen this.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

An alternative to resurrecting the old permission to stay using the reentry permit would be to accept the new 90-day permission to stay based on the multiple entry Non O visa, and just do a one-year extension of your permission to stay. That would obviate the need to change the permission to stay granted on entry at the airport. Can you immediately satisfy the requirements for the one-year extension based on marriage?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BritTim said:

An alternative to resurrecting the old permission to stay using the reentry permit would be to accept the new 90-day permission to stay based on the multiple entry Non O visa, and just do a one-year extension of your permission to stay. That would obviate the need to change the permission to stay granted on entry at the airport. Can you immediately satisfy the requirements for the one-year extension based on marriage?

Yes, No issues to make a new marriage extension. I just completed the extension in November. The reason changing from a O multi entry based on marriage from Savannakhet to a extension multi entry based on marriage was I was leaving to go to work for 3 months and my Non O based on marriage would have expired when I was overseas. I was then told I did not require a re entry stamp as the extension was multi entry. This was confirmed in Si Racha and at BKK. I will send a couple of photos to confirm. I have to return to work in 10 days so need to verify I can get back into Thailand with the new extension.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, baneko said:

Yes, No issues to make a new marriage extension. I just completed the extension in November. The reason changing from a O multi entry based on marriage from Savannakhet to a extension multi entry based on marriage was I was leaving to go to work for 3 months and my Non O based on marriage would have expired when I was overseas. I was then told I did not require a re entry stamp as the extension was multi entry. This was confirmed in Si Racha and at BKK. I will send a couple of photos to confirm. I have to return to work in 10 days so need to verify I can get back into Thailand with the new extension.

What appears to have happened back in November is that you receive a one-year extension at that time, and additionally purchased a multiple entry reentry permit (which was ignored when you came back to Thailand) the immigration official at the airport stamping you in on the Non O visa instead.

 

Easiest now is just to get a fresh one-year extension of the 90-day permission to stay you were given, and pair this with a new reentry permit (the old reentry permit is no longer applicable for the new permission to stay).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BritTim said:

Easiest now is just to get a fresh one-year extension of the 90-day permission to stay you were given, and pair this with a new reentry permit (the old reentry permit is no longer applicable for the new permission to stay).

He has already gotten his entry stamp fixed at Suvarnabhumi airport. His permit to stay is now based upon his extension of stay date.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So I finished my quarantine on the 20th (this is my second quarantine) and received a call on the 18th to ask me when I am coming back to work in Angola. Visa issues fixed here. Visa issues fixed in Angola. 10 days at home and back to Angola for 3 months and start the whole COE process again. The COE is the main reason to confirm my visa/extension is good. Last time I was stuck in Angola for 7 months, home for a month and back to Angola 3 months. Home 10 days and back to Angola for 3 months. Lets hope the vaccine fixes these issues and we can get back to normality. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

He has already gotten his entry stamp fixed at Suvarnabhumi airport. His permit to stay is now based upon his extension of stay date.

Are you sure? That was not how I read his posts. I understood that he only had a 90-day permission to stay as the re-entry permit tied to his November extension of stay was not used on entry, the official stamping him in on the still unexpired Non O visa.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Are you sure? That was not how I read his posts. I understood that he only had a 90-day permission to stay as the re-entry permit tied to his November extension of stay was not used on entry, the official stamping him in on the still unexpired Non O visa.

Yes

 

On 2/23/2021 at 9:00 PM, baneko said:

I went back to the airport today. Fortunately I'm in Phanat Nikhom so only 1hr 20 away. The immigration office which used to be check in side is not open anymore. The airport was a ghost town. I called immigration and within 10 mins an officer met me on L5 check in area next to the King Power tax return. This is where they meet people with any issues. The officer left with my Passport and returned 10 minutes later. Problem solved  and re stamped. He also explained due to my Extension being multiple entry I no longer require a re-entry stamp. I was surprised. So if you have any issues and have to return to BKK to fix any visa issues you can call 021340320 and meet the immigration officer at King Power on the far right hand side of the terminal.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...